The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #19 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 June 2013

On our first trip to New Orleans, this was a great choice for a hotel. It is in a prime location, not too close to the action in the French Quarter but not far away either. It is beautiful and grand hotel. We had a small suite, decorated in an old world New Orleans fashion, rich reds and golds. Although we ate most of our meals at local restaurants, we did eat breakfast at the Sazerac restaurant and had drinks at the bar. Both were good. We will return to this hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Suzanne M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to our TripAdvisor community about your recent stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. It gives us great pleasure to read that you had a wonderful visit last time you stayed at our hotel. Your loyalty and patronage are very important to us. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was in town for a conference that was being held at this hotel, so I spent 4 nights there. All and all a nice hotel. The lobby had a very classic feel. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful as well as the Concierge.

The rooms were of a standard size, clean and comfortable. No view to speak of from my room. Not sure if the walls were a bit thin, but on my last night I had the pleasure of hearing every word my neighbor and her guests were saying to 1AM. But what the heck, it is New Orleans on a weekend.

I would recommend stoping by the hotel bar for a drink. Very pretty. The bar at the pool side was also a bit of fun.

It is a very short safe walk to the Quarter, which was nice.

The hotel restaurant was havering a very bad day when I had breakfast I think and the servers were running all over doing damage control, but the food was nice. The price point was fair for what I got.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Matthew E

Dear Matthew E,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to our TripAdvisor community about your recent stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. It gives us great pleasure to read that you had a wonderful visit last time you stayed at our hotel. We are delighted that you were able to stay with us before your conference to receive a lovely time. Your loyalty and patronage are very important to us. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I just spent a wonderful night at The Roosevelt with my sister and young nephew. I was initially concerned because we were checking in dressed very casually (we were going to spend the day at the zoo) and we had a kid with us... however there was no reason for concern, everyone from the valets, to check-in staff and the concierge could not have been nicer and more welcoming! The room was beautiful and luxurious and even with three of us it was not at all crowded. I absolutely loved the large bathtub, a perfect way to relax after a long day.

The location was perfect for catching the streetcar to head to the zoo and later grabbing dinner just down the street. We had a wonderful breakfast at Sazerac and were super excited to order the gluten free pancakes with sugar free syrup...my nephew has allergies so ordering is usually a hassle but he was super happy about this unexpected breakfast option.

My only complaint was the loud group staying on the same floor as us...on at least three occasions their loud voices as they yelled at each other down the hall and door slamming woke me up but this was not the hotel's fault at all.

It was a very lovely stay and I hope to return again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Geoggirl,

Thank you so much for taking the time and letting our TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. We are delighted that you had a fun filled trip and was able to visit our beloved zoo. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and we look forward to your next stay.

The Roosevelt Team Members

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Why do I keep reviewing this hotel? Because the standards stay high. I don't know why, but I got upgraded to a two room suite this time. It was perfect. One of the things I like best about this hotel is the quiet, and the comfortable beds. As I tell the staff each time, the Roosevelt is my New Orleans home. I do wish they would offer wifi - even pay wifi - by the beautiful pool. That seems a little old fashioned.

Room Tip: There are so many unique rooms, it's really hard to give advice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ATLcruiser
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear ATLcruiser,

We are delighted that every time you stay at The Roosevelt Hotel you have many memorable moments. Thank you for your reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. At The Roosevelt, we strive to deliver unforgettable experiences to each of our guest making them want to return. We are delighted to learn that you are a patron of our hotel, and we thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to your next return and cannot wait to serve you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel is situated right off Canal Street on Baronne Street, about a block away from Bourbon Street. Was there for a work conference. I requested and received a room on a high floor with a view. Room was nice, but the view was a partial view of Canal Street with a slight view of the water between the hotels. Rooms were nice and the beds were awesome. I only ate at the little cafe, but the pastries were delicious. If there for a conference, take note that the rooms are freezing on the Mezzanine Level. Fitness Room had good treadmills and free weights and cables.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor that faces Canal Street, but away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hagerterp

Dear hagerterp,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that you were able to travel to New Orleans for conference. We are delighted that you were able to have a room with a view of Canal Street and the river. It is a spectacular view to see the activity on Canal Street from afar and to see the mighty Mississippi from that viewpoint is a definite treat. We hope that you are able to travel to New Orleans again may it be for travel or leisure.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Okay, I have done the Ritz, J.W., Royal Sonesta, and the list goes on. I wander no more. This is the best hotel in NOLA! From service, to the bar scene and restaurants, and the rooms oh wow the rooms! I have yet to have a bad experience. If you want luxury, this is your place. Five stars across the board. This is my favorite hotel worldwide, and trust me I travel enough to see a bunch of them!

Room Tip: Request an upgrade if available at the front desk.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ryan S

Dear Ryan S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that we are your hotel of choice when you visit New Orleans. Thank you for taking the time and letting our TripAdvisor community know about your experience at The Roosevelt Hotel. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and we look forward in serving you in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I wouldn't pick another hotel in NOLA. This place was fantastic, great location just across the street from the French Quarter start. Excellent service, food, coffee & rolls at Teddy's in the a.m. to get you going. Bars and Restaurants with top of the house taste. If taking a streetcar they are right down the street a block, cabs all over, walking was our primary form of transportation and we were so close to everything. The river walk was nice and very relaxing. The rooms were very fresh & clean, turn down service, complimentary robes & slippers, easy access to elevators and no noise. Slept great every night there. When you go down through the French quarter and roam around it's quite entertaining, but it's also nice to be away from it all when you want tranquility & peace. You will not be disappointed if you stay at the Roosevelt, they will do anything to make your stay as accommodating as you request. Enough said!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank justjo-7

Dear justijo-7,

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. Thank you for taking the time and letting our TripAdvisor community know about your recent experience. It delights us that we are now your choice of hotel when you visit New Orleans. We are pleased that you enjoyed Teddy’s Café, Sazerac Bar and other restaurants on property. Thank you again for your wonderful review and we cannot wait for your return.