“Yes, I'd go back!”

Ranked #20 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Greenville, Mississippi
“Yes, I'd go back!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Beautiful older hotel in New Orleans, just off Canal Street. The service was spectacular; thanks to our private concierge Peter PLUS all the other wonderful staff. We were in the care of folks who genuinely cared that our stay be the best it could be. Two great bars right off the lobby - we never made it to the Sazerac - but it looked like a lot of fun was going on there. Instead, we went right next door to the Fountain Bar and stayed there 4 hours the first night! A big thank you to a very special Kimberly M. - she was funny, attentive, friendly, professional - and a delight. Our room was spacious and well appointed. Bath was a little small but that was no big deal - it had a television in it so we could watch the football game from the tub! Great location - walked to Jackson Square and many other destinations very easily.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Polish first
allentown,pa
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I think in the proper weather this place could be spectacular. The pool area and bar would make this place great. As it was in November I will still say it was a nice place to stay. Not world class but a beautiful lobby and a nice bar.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fgbaloh
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is a fine business hotel. Luxury it really isn't, not by my definition. The room was small and overpriced. The walls were extremely thin so I could hear my neighbors talk and hear their television. Maid service came at 930 on a Sunday morning to make up the room. The coffee at the cafe was milky and not really a cappuccino. I would stay at the Windsor Court or the Four Seasons for luxury. The lobby was packed with people and with really no place to sit. The Sazerac Bar is a gem but was packed also. Luxury is opulence, grandeur , splendor . This hotel has none of these attributes.

Room Tip: The deluxe king is a small room for the price I paid
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank NYCSBH
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear NYCSBH,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on our amenities and service in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Best,
The Roosevelt Team Members
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I read the reviews and ended up choosing this hotel (mostly because the others I wanted were already booked up!) The "face-to-face service" was great but the
behind-the-scenes" staff could use some improvement. Housekeeping was minimal - no refreshing of the used items. I left generous tips every morning and didn't feel like the room was left to typical standards. And my room was teeny tiny! I noticed the room was never vacuumed - the same crumbs were there my entire stay. I had to roam the halls looking for housekeeping to ask for additional Kleenex. The nighttime turn-down service was much more thoughtful though! I wish I could I have tipped them. Front desk was terrific. I have medium status with Hilton Honors and they seemed to acknowledge that, although couldn't help me with an upgrade due to hotel availability. My expectations were low knowing that it was an old hotel. Overall, it was better than I though it would be, but I might try another hotel the next time.

Durham, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was there for a convention, and initially picked the place because it was one of the hotels recommended by the meeting. It was a nice and luxurious room. I travel often for meetings and I have stayed at multiple hotels all around the world. The Waldorf Astoria has been the best hotel I stayed at.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Room was clean, bedding fresh, super comfortable bed and service outstanding. The nightly rate is a bit pricey, however, to be steps away from Canal St there is a cost. Very nice for a couples romantic get-a-way. Overnight delivery trucks were a noicey so just be prepared to be awakend at times.

Room Tip: Choice a room away from the loading dock.
Inverness, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hats off to the entire staff. I don't think I have ever been to a hotel where even the staff working to change linens would greet you so kindly in the hallway, and with a smile. I'm not sure if it is because of Waldorf Astoria, because of New Orleans or a combo between the two but it made us feel extremely safe and welcomed. Every time we ran into someone in the hallway the greeted us with a smile and a kind, sincere "good morning." The thing that we missed the most at the hotel, however, was the presence of complimentary tea/coffee. I realize there is a barista downstairs so its a conflict of interest, but most hotels at least have a way to heat up water and with my wife being sick on this trip it would have been very beneficial. I found myself going outside the hotel often to get reasonably priced tea/coffee. Everything else about the hotel was outstanding. We attended a wedding reception and the found was amazing. I wish I had time to eat more of it! My daughter and I also got to meet Chef John Besh in the lobby which was a really cool touch. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family