“Amazing stay, amazing hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #17 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Amazing stay, amazing hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Roosevelt definitely delivers as an elite hotel in New Orleans. This was my first stay, and I was blown away. I originally booked a standard king room for my fiancee and I (I proposed earlier in the day and got the room to celebrate), but I emailed the staff and told them my plans. They quickly informed me they could upgrade me to a luxury suite, which ended up being one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. Upon checking in, we were personally met by Albert, one of the personal concierges, and he guided us to our room and even helped with our luggage. Shortly after settling in, a bottle of champagne and strawberries was sent up, another great touch. All in all, it was more than I could have asked for. The bed was great, the shower was great. My fiancee loved the tub. It was huge. We had dinner plans that night, so we didn't have much time to explore. We did spend about an hour at the rooftop poll. It is small and was crowded, but the drinks were great and the atmosphere was very relaxing. I'll definitely make sure I stay at the Roosevelt the next time I'm in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Sean1,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are always overjoyed when guest share life milestones with our hotel. We want to congratulate you on your recent engagement and hope you have a lifetime of happiness. We are pleased that Albert, our personal concierge, was able to exceed your expectations and make this joy time. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and you are able to stay with us again soon.

The Roosevelt New Orleans Team Members

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Polish first
Tupelo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The Roosevelt delivers exceptional comfort, great service, and a perfect location that will make your New Orleans trip even better. Visit the spa and rooftop pool. The Sazarac lounge is always fun too.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheRoosevelt, Manager at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi tupelohoney66,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that you had exceptional service the last time you stayed at The Roosevelt New Orleans. At The Roosevelt New Orleans, we believe that we do create a wonderful city oasis for our guest. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and if you are able to return you are able to stay with us again.

Midland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! My family was just passing through New Orleans, and this hotel was just what we wanted! The lobby is out of this world gorgeous with marble eveywhere and ornate chandeliers. The room was beautiful, very spacious with large, comfortable beds and a large bathroom. The hotel is in walking distance from all of the attractions, and the staff was very knowledgeable with directions!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Amy C,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that during your travel through New Orleans you were able to stay at The Roosevelt New Orleans. Thank you for your kind comments about our gorgeous marble and ornate chandeliers. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from the Crescent City you are able to stay with us again.

Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is over the top. This was my second stay. Room was ready upon early arrival, upgraded our entire group to suites. If you are a diamond member, this is your spot. I have stayed here with non-status members of Hilton and they had the same excited reaction to the hotel. Great location, out of the French quarter noise, but close enough to be right there. The pool is a great hangout. Enjoy the drinks and chill. Really a great place with nice people working there.

Room Tip: Tower 2 is ideal for great rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear ElliotL37,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. Staying at The Roosevelt New Orleans, it creates a city oasis because our hotel is close enough to the attractions but you can definitely slip away and relax. We are pleased that you were able to stay at our pool and enjoy the New Orleans Sun. We hope that your travels do not keep you far from New Orleans and you are able to stay with us again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed for 5 nights on my first trip to New Orleans. The hotel is located across the street from Bourbon Street so location is fine. The lobby is quite beautiful and the restaurants are also very nice. We spent a few hours in the Fountain lodge listening to a 3 piece jazz band and the atmosphere was fun. Albert our concierge was great. We were not only escorted to our room we were given maps and tips on where to go and how to get there, he spent a good 20 minutes helping us get the lay of the land. We are HHonors members so we were upgraded from a standard King to a King suite. 650 sq. Ft with a separate sitting area and second powder room. The room was exceptionally clean and very nicely furnished. There were 3 tvs in the suite one in the main bathroom. The rooms were quiet which was appreciated. The pool is small but the area is very nice. My experiences with the front desk were only positive. They are on top of everything, one night we told housekeeping we didn't want turn down service and the front desk called us to confirm this. I called the concierge desk about a rental car for a day and was given a quick and accurate response which saved me doing my own research, and their recommendations for authentic BBQ were exactly what we wanted (The Joint). I have to stop to single out a couple of staff members. Randy was outside of the hotel everyday that we were there either hailing us a cab or giving us directions He was great, he always put a smile on my face and could not be more helpful or pleasant. George the bellman as well was very personable and friendly. My only complaints are these. There is no coffeemaker in the room, for me this is a pretty big complaint but for others might not matter. Second and also a big one, the bed was way to soft, again a personal preference.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michelle G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. It's convenient to everything. It is expensive though! ! $5 Cokes and near $20 burgers! ! $ 42 Valet parking! ! WHOOO! ! I will say though, for those prices, I can't complain because it was worth it in my opinion. I booked with my Visa Signature and got several perks included. $25 Dining credit, free Wi Fi, Breakfast at the Fountain Lodge and a room upgrade! ! Front Desk clerks were outstanding! ! (Shunta & Courtney) Room Service was outstanding as well. Exceeded my expectations! Great experience for us! Next time we're in the area, guess where we're staying?!! Better start saving now though! ! Ha!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester/London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed for four nights with a friend in a suite with two beds. The room was huge, clean and the beds were excellent but it just felt empty and cold. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong but it felt functional rather than luxurious. The bathroom was tiny with a shower in the bathtub rather than a separate shower. When I queried this, I was told that some rooms do have separate showers, but not these suites which seemed a little strange. And what is it with the tiny towels???
Pool is not huge but the pool area is great, as are all the public areas. The restaurants and bars are also good - we had breakfast included in our rate and it was a la carte and delicious.
Staff are all very friendly and obliging.
Would I recommend a stay here - probably yes, but if I am ever back in NOLA I'd probably want to try somewhere else like the Ritz Carlton before going back to the Roosevelt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends