The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #21 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 7 July 2014

As a Hilton Honors member, it was really a no-brainer to stay at the Roosevelt New Orleans. They offered a great double points package and we were even able to select an upgrade to a corner king. Reservations were easily made online!

Our flight landed early and we headed straight to the hotel in yucky weather. We expected to drop bags and change clothes in a downstairs bathroom, but to our surprise, we were quickly checked in, pleasantly greeted, and upgraded to our corner king room. Hooray!

Our room was perfect, on a quiet upper floor (the 8th). The corner king did afford a bit more space that we found well worth it. I thought the bed was amazing - soft sheets, comfy pillows, and clean as a whistle. The air conditioner also worked wonders. It could have only been better had the bathroom had a tub, but hey, there was a TV and plenty of space to house our toiletries. The closet was also spacious and I loved the robes that were provided.

I feel like I erroneously skipped past the beautiful lobby. My mouth dropped when I walked in - its so opulent, with the clock and glass chandeliers, as well as the elegant flower arrangements. Stunning.

We got excellent sleep all three nights, although a couple nights we were able to hear street noise from a garbage truck and/or sirens, but my white noise app worked like a charm to stamp it out!

We ordered room service one night and got a delicious pizza from the restaurant downstairs. Yum yum yum. Our rate included $50 credit to the bars and room service, so we spent it on that and enjoyed it.

I adored the live jazz in the bar downstairs, and of course, I whiled away a ton of time in the Sazerac. There were 2 weddings at the hotel that Saturday night and it was so fun seeing the wedding parties live it up. Just super cool.

Might I add that this is a terrific location? We walked to absolutely everything and back again. Its also close to a Walgreens and CVS, so should you forget something, its not far to pick it up.

Best of all is the service. In addition to our speedy check-in, I have to give kudos to the service staff. I realized a couple days after we got back that I left my jewelry in the safe. Although none of it was valuable, there were items that I had gotten from my world travels that could not be replaced. Not only had the hotel found it, they shipped it back to me, safe and sound. I truly expected to call and get a "Sorry, we looked, couldn't find it..." response, but was pleased as punch when they had not only found it, but eagerly agreed to ship it to me like it was not a problem at all. Classy classy classy.

I will definitely stay here again. Its a great value (especially if you can find a deal on the Hilton website!), the rest is superb, there is fun to be had in the hotel and right outside its doors, and you'll be treated like royalty. Heyo.

Room Tip: If you book online, check your reservation - you may be able to upgrade to a super nice room for 50...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank valerie210
Write a ReviewReviews (4,084)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Sometimes you just need to get away, even if it's a short distance away and recharge your batteries. This is exactly what I did last week. I stayed at the Roosevelt, which is nostalgic for me, as I worked here as a cashier for the Blue Room and Sazerac restaurants while I was in graduate school. The hotel has been maintained in beautiful condition; the staff was wonderful and there were no long waits for any service, despite the fact that this was a holiday weekend with a big music festival in town. I really enjoyed sunbathing and relaxing in the pool. And the food I was served through room service was delicious. The room is well furnished and comes with robes and slippers and about anything you would need. The hotel is well positioned, with other wonderful restaurants within a short walk as well as the French Quarter and riverwalk and Harrah's casino.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Roosevelt is a gem in a city that can be hard to find luxury. What a beautiful and historic place. The hotel exudes history and luxury. A quick and easy walk to most sites in the French Quarter. The lounges and restaurants were nice and sophisticated. The standard rooms can be a little small.This was fine for me, as I was alone. The suites are very spacious and beautiful. The staff was excellent. What a great place to stay when visiting the French Quarter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor available. Great view if you have one towards the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Elegance abounds in this hotel which shows accouterments from the past. Within walking distance of Bourbon Street, Cafe Du Monde and the mighty Mississippi. Concierge service was excellent at arranging swamp tours, ghost tours and museums and also pointing out non tourist pockets that highlight how the locals population lives, eats and plays. The experience was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel was nice and clean (except for the pool) but service was subpar. I forgot something in my room before I checked out. I called 2 hours later, no one saw it. I stopped by a few hours after that and anyone I talked to only wanted to pass on the problem to someone else--still no results. The maids must make out like bandits there with no repercussions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John V
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent old-fashioned hotel, as expected from a WA property. Stay would be enhanced by having coffee/tea making facility in the room, as well as availability of an Internet connection free of charge - surely this could be covered by the not inconsiderable nightly room rates. The noise emanating from the Domenica restaurant was such that it discouraged my wife and I from dining there - a pity given John Besh's reputation although one wonders how much personal attention he can give to each of his numerous ventures. Certainly would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here with you sons and all really enjoyed ourselves. From its location we were able to walk to anywhere in the French Quarter and over to the Aquarium. The decor is amazing! One of the best hotels we've stayed in! Loved the history and charm without feeling dated!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family