“Excellent service and great room”

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #18 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Augusta, United States
“Excellent service and great room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone was so hospitable and friendly from check in to check out. Treated us like we were the most important guests there. On the evening of our first night, we went to the Fountain Lounge and they happened to be out of the strawberry cake. So after I explained it was my birthday, the bartender had someone create a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with Happy Birthday written in chocolate! Mr. Guzman is fantastic & heat asset to the hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Earl, Director of Catering,was a pleasure to work with. He made my daughter,Missy, feel very special during our meetings prior to the wedding day. Earl's attention to details and his passion made the wedding day a fairy tale to remember. Thank you Earl to you and your wonderful staff! You are all professionals from the greeting from the Valet to your bartenders and serving staff. If you want a wedding to remember, The Roosevelt Hotel is the Best!

Room Tip: The service from the staff was excellent. The rooms were spacious and beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This historic property is nice. At check-in, I requested a room with a tub. No such luck. I was informed that it wasn't conceivable in an old hotel (Which I found odd, given that The Plaza in New York City has tubs). The rooms are nice, but has amenities that just aren't that useful. It doesn't has a mini-refrigerator or microwave, but it has a TV in the bathroom which, as I mentioned, doesn't have a tub. The location was nice and within walking district to Bourbon Street. The swimming pool is nice, but small. I also had problems with my bill which took way too long to correct. The parking is expensive, but I was able to park in a nearby lot for $20 a night. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again if the price was right. But if you are a family that wants more practical amenities like a tub, and a refrigerator, I would stay elsewhere like the Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Park at the lot across the street from the hotel. It's reasonable and allows in and out access...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nedradc
Davidsonville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

For those of you in a hurry here's the bottom line, I won't be staying here when I return to New Orleans in a couple months. There is nothing wrong with the hotel that an in-room coffee maker and free (or at least fast) Wi-Fi wouldn't fix. The problem is I expected more. The facility itself is a renovated beauty though how much of that occurred under the current operators, Hilton or the former operators, Fairmont I don't know. Any renovation of an old building is going to result in some anomalies like the ladies room being at one end of the lobby and the men's room at the other (the lobby is a city block long). Our king suite did not have a tub, ok, but the glass shower was very narrow. After hitting it with my elbow a few times I adjusted.
As for the staff I found pockets of friendliness, in particular the doormen/bell staff and the staff of the in-house restaurant Domenica, and pockets of, let's say, diffidence, at the front desk and the coffee shop.
I mentioned above that I expected more. In February my wife and I stayed at three of the best, The Hassler in Rome, the Four Seasons in Florence, and Principie-Savoie in Milan(a Dorchester Hotel). If this is the strata that Hilton is trying to compete with by creating the Waldorf-Astoria Collection those hotels have nothing to fear. Staying at the Roosevelt Waldorf Astoria is like staying at a Hilton, not a Four Seasons. As I explained to the young lady as I checked out (made necessary by numerous problems with my bill) at the Four Seasons and other hotels of it's caliber the answer is YES, unless it just cannot be, and then they seem heart broken that it can't be yes.
One example and I'll let you go. I had a late (5pm) flight so I called about a late check out. With out any inquiry as to what might work I was told that unfortunately 12:30 was the latest They could give me with out an additional charge. This despite the fact that the hotel, I found out later had only about sixty check-ins expected that day. I had just rented a small suite for eight days and two additional rooms for the weekend and I couldn't get a late checkout? Or for that matter free Wi-Fi, as I was only a Silver Hilton Honors member and only Gold and Diamond members get free Wi-Fi. This despite the fact that Hilton's "limited service" hotels, Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns do give me free Wi-Fi..and a coffee maker..and a refrigerator..and 24 hour coffee and tea in the lobby...?!
Well, back to the Trip Advisor and Booking.com reviews to see if I can find a hotel where the answer is always YES unless it just cannot be.

Room Tip: Our hotel rooms overlooked the roofs of the old low-rise buildings adjacent which are very unsightly...
3 Thank David C
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The great facilities, amenities and staff make this hotel a fantastic experience. We combined a business and leisure trip for our stay. The pool was beautiful and the views were gorgeous. The rooms are very spacious and the beds very comfortable.

Zachary, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Roosevelt. The amenities were great, the room was very spacious and accomodating. Perfect atmosphere for couples, the pool and hot tub area flows really nicely with the bar and cabanas. This is by far the most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Taletha S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Excellent! Every time I visit this The Roosevelt Hotel my stay is amazing. Staff is great! Rooms are classy! The location is the best! I was with 6 other people and they said they would come back to the same hotel!