The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #18 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 19 December 2010

The hotel has very nice rooms. We had to rooms in tower 2, a deluxe and a regular. Both were very nice, large, clean, fresh smelling and with nice bathrooms. I travel ,a lot, for business and pleasure. These are nice rooms even given the price. The hotel has character yet is modern. There's even a T.V. in the bathroom.

The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas. I just wish there had been some decorations on the floors as well. As soon as you left the lobby there was no sign of Christmas. A wreath or bow on each floor at the elevator or something like that would have been nice touch.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,972)

Reviewed 17 December 2010

After visiting the most beautifully decorated lobby in New Orleans with family trying to decide on a place to stay for the holidays I TRIED to order something from the gift shop to be shipped.
Gift shop mgr Sarah Buchman was cordial on the phone but after 4 e-mails and 3 phone calls I discovered the order had NEVER gone out! her explanation. " I LET THE WEEKEND GET AWAY FROM ME". At this point it was a week later and my guest were no longer at home to receive the gift.
After 2 phone messages to the hotel mgr. went unreturned I dont have a very high opinion of this hotel. I worked in the service industry for over 30 years this was unbelievable.

• Stayed: November 2010
6  Thank Lolainola
Reviewed 17 December 2010

We selected this hotel using Hilton Honors awards and enjoyed three nights stay recently. We visit NOLA about every other year and have stayed at the W, the Omni, and Le Richilieu in past visits. Entire Hotel is grand and elegant and takes you back in time! It was beautifully decorated for Christmas in the lobby with white lights throughout. We were in Tower 1 and enjoyed our room which was really large for New Orleans hotels. Bathroom was huge with amazing shower, plush towels, and the bed was one of the most comfortable we've been on (Sealy Posturpedic CSS Pillowtop!). If you need a shoe shine be sure to check out the nice fellow in the lobby there - does a fantastic job! Location was great. Just a 2 block walk to Bourbon, but far enough away that it was quiet - no issues with noise for sleeping. Plenty of excellent restaurant choices nearby so we did not bother with hotel food. We did not rent a car - we cab to/from airport and walk the rest of the time, which is so easy to do around the Qtr. Being December we didn't use the pool, but we did check it out and it is a beautiful 5th floor rooftop pool, deck and bar area, if you're looking for a nice warm weather hangout. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Villette N
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We arrived for 2 nights for business meetings. Hotel is gorgeous all decorated for Christmas in the lobby with white lights. Check in was quick and I was in Tower 1 and co-workers were in Tower 2 (their rooms was smaller than mine and had pedestal sinks instead of large marble sink I had). We did not eat at hotel due to prices being high and my food allergies. Menu was limited for the restaurants. Internet service is pricey here and we did not use it. It was free at McDonald's around the corner. No bathtub in room, only shower with many jets. Bed was too soft for me and pillows had no support so woke up with neck pains. Best towels I have ever used. Soft plush velvet like large towels. Huge flat screen TV in room. Chocolate mints and turndown service was a nice touch. Had issues with business center with high handling charges (pricey). Walls are paper thin and heard people on the street and people next door throughout the 2 nights. I have attached photos of the room.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank travelergo
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Stayed here during a visit to new Orleans during November 2010. The price was a little over the top for what the room had available but nevertheless was lovely. It was a little disappointing to not have a bath to use and the toiletries were a little on the poor side that the shampoo knotted up my hair. The bed was extremely comfortable but the hotel was a little noisy to try sleep soundly. I can not fault the staff however, they were very professional and friendly and the lobby was gorgeous with all the Christmas décor up. The hotel is very close to all the sights and restaurants. A place to try out but not to my taste to stay again. I wish the rooms had been a little more contemporary.

2  Thank roxiebabe36
Reviewed 30 November 2010

The Roosevelt gives you a real feeling of New Orleans; the location is great, the newly renovated everything is luxurious and comfortable. We were last here 20 years ago when it was the Fairmont and were delighted at the transformation/restoration.

We got a good deal on the room and an inexpensive upgrade to a small suite, delightful. All the staff were welcoming and accommodating, no wait to check in. Very quiet in the room even though the hotel was packed with Bayou Classic fans that weekend. The bed is one of the best I've ever had in a hotel. Just a few quibbles. The pool area is completely unimpressive for a hotel of this caliber, a little landscaping and cleanliness would go a long way. The prices in the restaurants are very high, especially for breakfast. They charge for internet, rather crazy at these rates.

Reviewed 29 November 2010

My mom called to tell me we would be having thanksgiving in FL, so my wife and I started investigating flying vs driving, we thought about staying in other small cities along the way and finally decided to spend two night in New Orleans. I checked my points and was able to book a room at the Waldorf for 50000 points per night we paid $30/night to upgrade to a suite. The night we got there they we turning on the city Christmas lights and the hotel was decked too the nines. The hotel was renovated in 2009 and they did it right. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We felt right at home. The breakfast was not cheap but it was good (and hey its not The Hampton Inn). This is not the place you can afford to stay on every trip but he guys if you want big points with your honey stay here at least once in you life time. The Kingfish (Huey Long) ran his political machine here. Also if you are a history buff this is the bet hotel in New Orleans. And you are right across the street from the French Quarter. I never did like New Orleans but after this trip I have a new found admiration for the place. I plan to go back to New Orleans and hope I will get back to The Roosevelt.