“Home from Home”

Ranked #93 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Reigate
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Villa Conventa is situated in the French Quarter and is situated within walking distance of everything you would want to see or visit.in New Orleans.The Staff are very friendly and helpful and as soon as you arrive you are welcomed as if it was your own home.The Hotel has its own history and is rumored to be the original and well known "The House of the Rising Sun"..The Rooms are very tastefully furnished and are most comfortable. Some Rooms have a Balcony but all have a TV and phone.Coffee and Tea is available 24/7 as is a Computer which is free for Guests.The Staff will always print out a Boarding Pass and help in choosing and booking many of the available Tours.
The Rooms are spotless and the 2 ladies who are responsible for the cleaning have been working at the Hotel for many years.Unlike the large Hotels where sometimes you are just a number,in Villa Conventa you are treated as if you are the only guest.I have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel.Once you have been there you will come back every time you visit New Orleans.DavidH

Room Tip: All Rooms are different and have their own attraction
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank davidhreigate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Well, I am in love with everyone on the staff! I cannot imagine them being anything but super friendly and awesome. Our room was comfy and perfect for a girls' weekend (birthday). I've stayed at major resorts and work for a 4 diamond resort, but absolutely love the old, inviting charm of this place. I feel completely at home. It is in the middle of everything great..food, entertainment, and culture. I've stayed here quite a few times and the feeling never changes. It's Nawlins Baby! The gorgeous views from the balcony rooms and beautiful sunrises over the convent are a major plus. Thanks again for helping make our trip great!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SarahGladish
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and came to New Orleans for st. Patrick's Day! Hotel Villa Convento was amazing! The staff were friendly..and helpful! The parking was close by in a garage! The room was clean when we go there and cleaned every afternoon... My husband and I swear that as soon as we left the maid cleaned our room everyday! It may be old.. but I assure you it is not dirty! I found the hotel charming! It's within walking distance to everything we wanted to do! Would I stay here again?! Most defiinately!

2 Thank tlyond82
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended Hotel Villa Convento is the perfect place to stay !! Located in the most convenient location down in the French quarter .. The team of extremely friendly staff are always there to help you with anything you need ! Rooms are always clean and cozy! This is a great place :)

1 Thank Dishman1972
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Villa convento is the perfect place to stay.. The location is near everything you need to do and see! It is the most perfect place for a New Orleans experience and the team of employees are family friendly and helpful with leading you to finding your way around the town!! Clean and homelike!! Would definately recommend anyone to experience the Hotel Villa Convento!! We will not stay anywhere else:)

1 Thank Dishman1972
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Villa Convento is the biggest steal in New Orleans. The location is perfect with a quick walk to bourbon street and Jackson square. The hotel is the essence of New Orleans with history and friendliness. The staff here is amazing and accommodating. The rooms here are also great. As an avid traveler to New Orleans we won't stay anywhere else besides here. It really gives you the New Orleans experience. I highly recommend it.

2 Thank Lynnemarie12
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at Villa Convento for the first time with some girlfriends for my 21st birthday. When we arrived, the weather was a little iffy, so Warren offered to drive our car to the garage so we wouldn't have to run back through the rain. The room was beautiful, I loved old charm of the entire place. The view from our balcony was so pretty, they're still some of my favorite New Orleans pictures! The staff was personable and fun, offering us advice on where the best clubs were and where to eat. I return to New Orleans often to visit friends, but I always make it a point to drop by the hotel to say hello to Warren and the rest of the staff! My overall experience was very nice and if I ever need to stay at a hotel in the French Quarter again, Villa Convento will be my first call!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends