“The Best Hotel In NOLA!”

Hotel Villa Convento
Ranked #94 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
“The Best Hotel In NOLA!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I seriously LOVE this hotel! The staff is super nice and they go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. If you are looking for crystal chandeliers and snobby desk help you should go somewhere else. This hotel may not have 5 stars, but it is so charming. The courtyard is lovely and the rooms are clean. This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and we will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annette V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Amazing location : 5min to the french quarter and bourbon street.
Staff super friendly and helpfull. Barbara is wonderfull!!
Typical New Orleans architecture.
A MUST go!!
We payed $100 for 3 people, one night on june 25th.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank lufalmax
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2013

While it's not the classiest hotel in New Orleans, it has everything I needed (comfortable bed, hot shower, free wifi, and even tea-making facilities) at a bargain price, and I doubt you would find friendlier or more helpful staff anywhere. I arrived just before check-out time, so they upgraded me to a balcony room at no extra cost so that I could move my bags in immediately. I left to attend a conference and returned when it was finished, and again they gave me a balcony room at no extra charge. It's a block and a half from Bourbon Street and convenient to the French Markets, and while it's about half a mile from the best seafood restaurants, walking through the French Quarter is a pleasure. Okay, it's a little shabbier than the photos on the website suggest, but so am I, and when I have the good fortune to visit New Orleans again, this is definitely where I'll stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank N0MAD
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

My dog and I stayed here while our French Quarter residence was undergoing some major repair work. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from my home. I have recommended it to my friends when they visit and they always enjoy it. The staff is super nice and spoiled us rotten during our stay (my dog still tries to pull in there as we walk by!). Everything worked fine. It was clean. The one tiny concern I did have was addressed immediately. It's also locally owned and operated. The house itself is of 19th century construction and is well-located to great coffee shops, restaurants, and music venues. There really isn't any reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank glenndevillier
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had made our wedding plans on June the 6th and chose Hotel Villa Convento due to the historical reviews of the hotel.
One of the vintage hotels in NOLA and historical aviance, is like turning back the wheels of time.
Warren, the manager allowed us to get married in the wonderful decorum of the courtyard (Magnificent).The staff went up and beyond the call of duty and jumped through hoops to make our stay memorable.
Warren the IV, Barbara, Herbert,Vince and Leroy are the most wonderful people to know. You wont find anyone better to assist in your lodgings than the staff at Hotel Villa Convento. Barbara and Herbert were kind enough to be the witnesses during our marriage. Herbert took so many extraordinary photos and made it super perfect for us.
Staying here was like being with family which in essence made this a lifetime experience from beginning to end.

The location of the hotel Villa convento is in the perfect setting of all the points of interests.
We most highly recommend hotel Villa convento for your New Orleans get away.

Room Tip: The courtyard and the balcony rooms inside and out are superb.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SundaeSchoobie
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We arrived on Saturday night and had an inside room....very clean, nice decor but small which was fine with us as we did not plan to spend a lot of time in the room. On Sunday we talked with Warren, who offered to move us for the remainder of the week and the room was to die for!! We had a sitting room, gorgeous king size bedroom, a beautiful bathroom, two balconies, a refrigerator and the accommodations actually made our trip!! The view of the Quarter from the 4th floor was awesome and we actually ate "dinner" (wine and cheese) 3 nights from the balcony because it was so romantic. The staff were all friendly and accommodating, everything was extremely clean and you cannot beat this location. Our last trip to Nola, we stayed right off Bourbon in the middle of the Quarter and felt like we were dropped into the middle of a fraternity party, this time staying closer to the French Market, Jackson Square and Frenchman's Street was a totally different experience that I highly recommend to anyone wanting the real Nola experience. I will definitely stay here again our next trip and ask for room 400!!! You can't lose by staying here!

Room Tip: The 4th floor is awesome, but if you want Internet get a lower floor, but definately get a balcony r...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hana1959
Eutaw, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Villa Convento numerous times. The staff is always friendly,helpful with directions and suggestions on where to eat. The location is great, can walk anywhere in French Quarter with ease, free off site parking and a wonderful bakery right across the street for breakfast or lunch. This is not your modern Hilton style hotel, with some rooms having paint/wallpaper peeling, but the rooms are always clean and that means a lot to me! I can bring my own shampoo and lotion, don't need the expensive extras!

Room Tip: I like the balcony rooms best, so I can sit out and watch the people, and didn't notice the nois...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple