“Love this place!”

Ranked #98 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
DeRidder
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying nothing about this place is 5 star if that's what you are looking for stay on Canal St. We have been staying here for 4 years now going two or three times a year and we won't stay anywhere else, we just got home from there celebrating my daughter's birthday Warren who's amazing by the way made sure our balconies were side by side. The bed was fantastic and air conditioner worked perfectly. No issues with noise it's far enough away from Bourbon St you don't have to worry. Free parking is also a plus! It has history and even a ghost or two if you go ask them to tell you a story or two.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JHester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Gladewater
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Like many other people have said, it's very old and a fresh coat of paint could do wonders. What I found most disappointing from other reviews was the sleep quality. The hotel is noisy and early one morning (around 6 am) kids (who are not supposed to be allowed) woke me up running down the halls. The other issue is the sun shines tremendously bright in the balcony rooms very early in the mornings, and the curtains and blinds are awfully thin. This was also the only time the A/C could not keep up and the room got uncomfortably warm. This combination made sleeping impossible for me.

Not having a refrigerator in the room makes it difficult to fully enjoy the balcony. You can't enjoy a cold beer unless you brought an ice chest but we were able to chill champagne in our ice bucket (by the way, I wouldn't drink with ice as there were no liners and as other reviews have mentioned, it's not the cleanest), and get a cheese plate from the French Market (only 2 blocks away) and enjoy some appetizers before dinner.

The location is great and the price could not be beat. The free garage parking is also very nice. It is small and is on a first come first serve basis, so I recommend getting there as early as possible.

I don't have a lot to say about the service. They seemed nice, but I didn't experience them going out of their way for us. One girl was on her phone every time I went into the lobby, which I find annoying.

All in all, it was a nice vacation, but I think I'll probably stay somewhere else next time

Room Tip: Bring blinders to sleep in.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoelM448
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here in June with two girlfriends for a weekend trip. We stayed in a loft room, which would have easily slept five and not felt cramped. Everything was clean, although it was definitely old and had seen better days (hence, 4/5 rather than 5/5). There was some peeling paint, old fixtures, and linens were worn, but for the price, we were totally fine with it. The fan in the bathroom was AGGRESSIVELY loud which was more of an issue than it sounds like in writing.

The staff were friendly and attentive. We arrived late and received a warm welcome. All three of our keys became demagnetized and a staff member arrived at 2am to fix the situation one night. They also ordered us a cab at 6am to take us to the airport. It all went smoothly. They were also able to provide some great recommendations to a friend who was interested in day trips outside of New Orleans.

The location is great- walking distance Bourbon Street, the French Market,and all the other attractions of the French Quarter. It's removed enough from the action that you don't have to deal with the debauchery of Bourbon if that's not your scene.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I don't normally write reviews as I travel a lot with my wife and have been fortunate enough to travel worldwide, frequently. Nevertheless Triska and Emily worked tirelessly with caring hearts to make our trip extremely memorable and almost effortless. They ensured we got the room we wanted, provided us with extra towels, ice, help with luggage, and directions throughout the French Quarter. Both of these ladies reflect extremely well upon your hotel and made our experience in New Orleans perfect! I cannot recommend the hotel enough for the service, quality , cleanliness and value. Thanks again.

Dr and Mrs John Quincy

Room Tip: Ask to speak with either Emily or Triska and they will ensure your trip is just perfect!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nevadaq
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. The staff is awesome and went way above and beyond for our needs. Talk about customer service, this place made me feel like I've known them for years. As cool as the French Quater is, I have no desire to stay any where else!

1 Thank Aaron B
atlanta
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed overnight in room #209 and it was an awesome experience, even a haunting one!.. My kids loved it! We had some supernatural experiences in the room. My daughter 1) placed her Mascara the dresser we found it on the floor upon first return but her lipstick placed on bathtub edge was not moved. 2) Mascara placed on nightstand horizontal and upon return was on the other side of the nightstand turned vertical also lipstick left on bathtub was in the middle of the bathtub. 3) a cursive HI was smudged on the mirror as well. 4) Hair Dryer acted funny and then quit working. 5) Later in evening Hair Dryer (the kind that clips into the wall) flew out and hit the floor as i was standing in the doorway talking my daughter. 6) TV would not turn on when we first got here then later I got it to come on and at bedtime it would not turn off. So we slept with tv on. Though I woke up many times I didn't see anything and made it through the night without any more paranormal activities. 7) In the morning the towel hung over the shower was moving back and forth ..no breeze or a/c blowing on it. 8) A cup that was left facing down was turned facing up on the tub. Such a cool experience!! :)) Nope not scared at all.. OK maybe a little bit!! :)) The Hotel itself was charming.. The room itself was nice but did need the walls cleaned as there were marks all over it and the wall paper was pulled off in the bathroom. The beds and bedding were excellent. Internet connection was great as well. Also want to mention Warren who checked us in was awesome. He was super nice to the kids and they even mentioned the next night at a different hotel in Texas that the new desk clerk was not cool like Warren... :))... Parking could be an issue at busier times in front of the hotel but we found a spot right in front on the street with no problems, but they do offer FREE parking a few blocks away as well. No breakfast. Hotel is literally a couple blocks from the French Market...We will absolutely stay here again next time we are in the French Quarter.

Room Tip: Ask for room #209 if you want a little excitement - ghost style! :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank disneymomof3Atlanta
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed here for over 5 years. I will not stay anywhere else in New Orleans ! This is a small family owned hotel and when you check in its like you are family also .Its fun and quirky no its not going to have room service and all those extras. It is clean, fun and safe and the location is perfect ! I have never had an issue with my room or anything at the hotel ! Warren and his staff are the best in the city !! They will help you with anything you might need ! You know its a great place when guests gather at the front desk just to hang out and chat ! I love it and so does everyone I have ever referred to stay there !

Room Tip: I have stayed in almost every room ..but love the ground floor court yard rooms !!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends