“Wonderful stay for Jazz Fest”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #69 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We stay for 3 nights at the JW Marriott for the second weekend of Jazz Fest. The lobby are of the hotel is very attractive as are the rooms. However, it was the staff that really made our stay at this hotel enjoyable. Upon arriving at the hotel we were checked in and up to our room within 5 minutes. We heading out to the French Quarter to wander around for awhile. A couple of hours laters we returned to the hotel to get ready for our dinner reservations. We stopped by the front desk to see if we could get a key for the mini bar, they said there actually wasn't a mini bar in our room but they could send up a refrigerator for us to use. We said that would be great and headed to our room to change for dinner. Within 5 minutes a refrigerator was delievered and plugged in, so we headed to dinner. We had a leisurely dinner and some time on Bourbon Street before returning to our room. When we got into the room, about 5 hours later, we checked the refrigerator and discovered it hadn't gotten cold at all. We called the front desk and within minutes they were there with another refrigerator. It was delievered by the same employee, David as the first one. He apologized several times and said the new refrigerator should be cooling down quickly. Rather than leaving right away he waited a few minutes to see it the fan on the new refrigerator came on, it didn't. So he called the maintence office who sent someone else up to see what was going on. Turns out the electrical socket was bad and after switching sockets the fan on the refrigerator came on instantly. David again apologized and insisted on sending up a cheese tray and bottle of wine for the inconvience. We finally agreed and about 10 minutes the cheese tray and bottle of wine were personally delievered by David. This was not something that had to be done but we really appreciated it and this is one of the reason we will stay at the JW Marriott next time we are in New Orleans.

2  Thank Steven V
Write a ReviewReviews (2,422)

Reviewed 9 May 2011

This place has a great location on Canal St, just steps from the Quarter. The bedrooms are spacious and well appointed, everything is clean, and the beds are very comfortable. Staff was nice and attentive. However, the internet service was the biggest disappointment. We were told the--way overpriced--charge of $14.95 was good for 24 hours. However both days the connection ended at noon. Since check-in starts at 3 pm, there is no way you can ever get it for 24 hours (we actually checked in late in the evening so it was only good for a few hours). Moreover, the "self-service business center" is a joke. You "rent" computers and pay 49 cents for each minute online. Quite ridiculous for such a big hotel where I'm sure many conferences and business meetings are hosted. Aside from that it's a great choice if you don't need/want to be online.

1  Thank Piolina
Reviewed 6 May 2011

The JW Marriott is clean and quite. All personnel we had contact with were friendly and helpful. Location is great.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

The 4 of us arrived around 6:00 p.m.April12th greeted by very friendly staff. One of the employees noticed a Canadian flag on my suitcase and asked us where we were from and if we had ever been to NOLA before. We said it was our first time and that both couples were here celebrating 25th wedding anniversaries. He welcomed us and wished us a happy anniversary. We had a few hours before our dinner reservation so we checked out Burbon Stret and a few others. When we returned to our rooms we found champagne on ice and chocolate covered strawberries in each room.(Full bottles of good champagne) What a way to start a vacation. The next 6 days for the 4 of us were way too short. There are far too many good restaurants, bars, neighborhoods, etc. to visit in such a short time.
I would like to thank the gentlemen who spoke with us that first night in the Marriott. I did not get his name and I did not see him again during our stay. I am pretty sure he had everything to do with the Champagne and strawberries. Jw give this man a raise! We will definatley be returning to your hotel someday soon.

RPS from Burnaby,B.C.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rj1986
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Stayed at the jw for two nights on business. upon check-in, i greeted warmly by all the staff--really nice and friendly. The front desk person let me know of all the events in the area. The hotel itself was really nice--marble floors, a built-in art gallery and gathering area--perfect for meeting with others. My room was on the 26th floor--it was well furnished, clean with 2 double beds. I also had free Wifi--which shocked me. i thought there was a fee, but perhaps because I'm a Marriott rewards member, it was covered. The wifi was quick and very reliable. The fitness room was good--small, but with quality workout machines (Life Fitness) and free weights, mats, stability balls. The location of the hotel was right on canal street--near everything and close to the street car lines. Overall a good stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2011

My sister, her husband and I stayed at the JW Marriott on Canal St. and it was one of the best hotels I've stayed in for some time. The Marriott Hotel is directly across Canal St. and is a typical downtown Marriott hotel with all the services but the JW is quite a notch above and I would recommend this hotel over any others when staying in New Orleans. The staff is very courteous and efficient.

Room Tip: The higher the better but all the rooms at quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I booked this hotel with Priceline and I got a good deal. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Previous reviews indicated the possible presence of bed bugs and I was worried I checked my mattress thoroughly and it was clear. Room 1706 had no bed bugs. It was a pleasant stay and I was happy.

• Stayed: April 2011