“George was Great!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Fishers, Indiana
“George was Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I traveled to New Orleans for a Conference in early December and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Upon arriving, I met George, who was the bartender. He was very knowledgeable with the city and gave me some great options for restaurants near the hotel.
Likewise, his service was superb! He went out of his way to help me with my dinner one night, as I wanted a quick dinner on my last night and the hotel restaurant was full. Yet, I was able to order from the menu and he brought the order to me as I dined in the bar.
George is a friendly employee who provides genuine service to his guests!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DRW509
OpsManager70130, DIrector of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear DRW509,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans for your business travel and for taking the time to share a review of your stay. It was great to hear your kind words about one of our standout employees, George. He has a reputation for going above and beyond to meet the needs of our guests, and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words to him. I'm glad you had the opportunity to dine at the bar and enjoy some of the fabulous food available at the hotel.

Incredible, personal service is a hallmark of the JW Marriott experience and we're very pleased to hear that your stay was consistent with that reputation. We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon- please feel free to get in touch for booking any future stays.

Cole Wallace
Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Indonesian first
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and very close to the downtown night scene.

I hate paying for parking but this is usually a given in a downtown area. However, valet parking (and associated fee) is not typically a given. Though clearly disclosed on their website, I was not expecting valet parking only since my work booked the hotel for me. It just bothers me to have a practically mandatory valet fee not included in the room price, since I'm already a paying guest of the hotel. Just wanted to rant but only docked the hotel one star for lack of parking options because I had nothing else to complain about - it really is a nice hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear DWcool,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay. While we are pleased to hear that your stay was overall very positive, I do regret to hear that you were disappointed in the parking services. We make a point of offering competitively priced valet parking, which is offered for the convenience of our guests. We recognize that you may have many options when it comes to business travel, and we appreciate you choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in booking a future visit.

Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We were in New Orleans for the high school football championship & wanted to stay away from the teams & noise. We always go for the Ritz Carlton (which is across the street & owned by same company-Marriott), but Ritz was sold out. We booked 2 rooms @ the JW & found that the two hotels are closely alike in service, room amenities, beds, linens, robes & food. The Ritz does do a better job of decorating with an obvious professional decorator's choice of great color. However, the JW isn't shabby. It's more like a custom Lear Jet outfitted for a CEO. Sleek & borderline contemporary. The location is just across the street from the French Quarter & easy walk to Bourbon Street. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, which was the best deal we found for really good food & coffee. The JW is not small, but not large either. It's easy to navigate & valet park your car. If you're a light sleeper like me, get a room high up. It's New Orleans & Canal Street is just outside your window- sirens from police or emergency vehicles do happen.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank donz06
Dear donz06,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your stay and for choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans. We're delighted to hear how pleased you were with your stay. There's always so much happening in New Orleans and it's our pleasure to offer guests a luxurious place to rest, relax, and enjoy the city. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our fabulous location near the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and Canal Street. We're just a short walk or streetcar ride away from almost anywhere you'd like to go!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a nice breakfast as part of your stay, and that you found all the services and amenities to be up to the expected JW Marriott standards. The next time you're ready for a Big Easy getaway, we hope you'll keep us in mind! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

There aren't too many hotels with spacious, comfortable rooms with nice views in New Orleans. You have that all at the JW. Our room was clean, spacious, and not infested with an inexplicable stench (which is a big deal for me when it comes to hotels in the N.O).I would definitely stay here again....under reasonable prices of course ;-)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank JayW_Atl404
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I booked a 4 day vacation to New Orleans through Southwest Airlines vacation packages and JW Marriott was one of the hotel choices. We picked this hotel because it was close to the French Quarter and Harrah's Casino and had good reviews. Overall, it was a good choice as far as location for walking to many of the sights.

We were given a corner room on the 18th floor which was very spacious with a very comfortable king size bed. We had plenty of room to relax and make ourselves at home for a few days. I was very disappointed to learn that the internet service was 15/day in the room. However, WIFI was free in the lobby areas. We also discovered that there was a place for a refrigerator that must have been removed for some unknown reason. I always find it odd that when I stay at a lesser nice place like a Super 8, I can get free WIFI and a frig/microwave. The bathroom area was very clean and the tub/shower had nice hot water. There were plenty of white fluffy towels and our room had one white fluffy robe hanging in our closet. I found the maid down the hall and she gave me a second robe. Not sure why there is only one robe per room when you have 2 people staying in a room. Anyways, it was very nice of the maid to get us another one.

There was a safe in the room closet. I was going to leave some money inside the safe until my husband discovered that the top part of the safe in which you place your valuables was not bolted down to the bottom half and could be earlier lifted from the room. I found this very odd.

As far as the first two nights of our stay, there was not much noise outside of room. However, during the last two nights, there were several noisy guests right next door that woke us up about 3:30 am each morning with their loud talking. I don't know if the walls in all the rooms are that thin but we could literally hear what they were saying word for word. I really did not enjoy being woken up!

As is stated in many reviews, the hotel staff included the doorman, front desk, bartenders and concierge are all very nice and very helpful. That's always a plus.

Overall, we really liked this hotel for the location to the French Quarter and the Casino. We like to gamble and I won $1000 the first night playing Deuces Wild!

We never ate at the hotel restaurant as there are too many fine restaurants in the area to choose from. We were able to walk to the WWII Museum and the Civil War Museum in the warehouse district, which I will leave reviews on separately.

Enjoy New Orleans!!!! What a fun place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carol F
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Carol F,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay--guest feedback is so important to our staff! We're so pleased that you chose the JW Marriott New Orleans for your vacation.

You're absolutely right that our location is among the best, as we're easy walking distance to countless places you'd want to go.

While we're glad to hear that you found your room comfortable and enjoyable for the most part, we do apologize that your guest room was not entirely up to satisfaction. Our front desk staff makes every effort to accommodate any room changes, especially for in-room amenities like the safe or refrigerator.

We're also concerned to hear about outside noise in your room and always encourage guests to call the desk about such disturbances. We do everything we can to place our guests in a suitable space.

We'll be sure to pass your compliments onto our staff--they truly are the best in the business! We hope that when you're ready for another getaway (and perhaps another successful day at the casino!) you'll keep us in mind.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We had some frequent flyer miles about to expire, so we treated ourselves to a stay at this hotel. And a treat it was! Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, wonderful staff. Everyone from the Concierge to the Door Men, to the Desk Staff, were just so helpful.
The hotel was just around the corner from the French Quarter. Everything was within walking distance.
I'd stay here again if we ever come back to NOLA. It was quite a treat!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Zisahmom
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Zisahmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. A special trip to New ORleans is always a spectacular getaway, no matter what the occasion! Our entire staff strives to provide the best service and amenities for our guests, to create an unforgettable experience. We're very pleased to hear that your stay was so enjoyable. As you mentioned, our location simply cannot be beat. Whether you're spending your trip in the French Quarter or the Garden District, we're just a hop, skip, and a jump from anywhere you'd want to be.

When you're ready to treat yourself to another vacation, we hope you'll make your way to the JW Marriott New Orleans again.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
Sulphur, Louisiana, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Clean, quiet, spacious room and comfortable mattress and bedding. And they even provided organic shampoo, conditioner, body soap and facial soap! The on site workout facility is the best one I have ever seen in a hotel. It is definitely worth a visit just to look around even if you don't workout. We needed to add an extra night to our stay and it went off without a hitch and we got to keep our same room. The staff was also very nice and helpful.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business