“Ok...”

Ranked #69 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel is located in the Canal st, which is probably the safest neighborhood in the city. Rooms are good, but there was a strange smell that took me time to get used to. There was a conference in the hotel, so that may explain why it was so hard to be served at the bar.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear easano,

Thanks for your review. We're so happy you chose to stay with us and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts. You're absolutely right about our location, which is not only safe, but also incredibly close to all of New Orleans' top restaurants, bars, museums, and other destinations.

Though we do frequently host conference and business travelers, we take every measure to ensure that such events do not affect guests' overall experiences. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or delay in service.

I hope you'll choose to stay with us again next time you're in town. If there's anything we can do to help plan a stay, please don't hesitate to contact me personally.

Directly of Operations

Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you are Platinum, booking a room over the weekend, staying here is not advised. All of the Marriotts that I stay in (160 nights a year) offer breakfast to Platinum members over the weekend when the concierge lounge is closed, but not this one.

They have lost my business as a Marriott Elite.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Police_Lives_Matter

Dear Wayne0301,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding the Executive Lounge. We are sorry that you were disappointed in the closure of our lounge on the weekend. We are one of the few exempt hotels in the Marriott Brand that are not required to offer breakfast in lieu of our lounge being closed. We do however offer 1,000 bonus points per night as an alternative benefit, along with the $10 Food and Beverage Credit as a benefit for all of our Platinum Elite guests. The additional points are intended to off-set closure of our lounge on the weekends. Please contact me directly if you have any addition questions or concerns.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights and the best part of it was being able to get a taxi quick....and the beautiful atrium and the customer service. The beds were uncomfortable, mine kept slipping off the bed frame. The room needed to be updated! The water took forever to get hot in the shower....took over a day to regulate the heat in the room. Our room service order came incorrect after taking 40 minutes....and the ice machine was broken to keep our drinks cold. For the money....I would stay at the Holiday Inn Suites by the Airport like we did when we flew into to NOLA.

Room Tip: perhaps if you book online with a package deal, they give you not the best rooms in the house?
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Laketonian,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to New Orleans. We appreciate your comments regarding the atrium and service from our staff, however, it sounds like we missed the mark and did not live up to your expectations. Our goal is to deliver an outstanding experience for every guest that chooses our hotel. I would like to invite you back so that you can truly experience our hotel without any distractions. Please contact me directly to discuss your feedback and how we can make your stay flawless.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I traveled to New Orleans for a Conference in early December and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Upon arriving, I met George, who was the bartender. He was very knowledgeable with the city and gave me some great options for restaurants near the hotel.
Likewise, his service was superb! He went out of his way to help me with my dinner one night, as I wanted a quick dinner on my last night and the hotel restaurant was full. Yet, I was able to order from the menu and he brought the order to me as I dined in the bar.
George is a friendly employee who provides genuine service to his guests!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DRW509
OpsManager70130, DIrector of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear DRW509,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans for your business travel and for taking the time to share a review of your stay. It was great to hear your kind words about one of our standout employees, George. He has a reputation for going above and beyond to meet the needs of our guests, and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words to him. I'm glad you had the opportunity to dine at the bar and enjoy some of the fabulous food available at the hotel.

Incredible, personal service is a hallmark of the JW Marriott experience and we're very pleased to hear that your stay was consistent with that reputation. We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon- please feel free to get in touch for booking any future stays.

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and very close to the downtown night scene.

I hate paying for parking but this is usually a given in a downtown area. However, valet parking (and associated fee) is not typically a given. Though clearly disclosed on their website, I was not expecting valet parking only since my work booked the hotel for me. It just bothers me to have a practically mandatory valet fee not included in the room price, since I'm already a paying guest of the hotel. Just wanted to rant but only docked the hotel one star for lack of parking options because I had nothing else to complain about - it really is a nice hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear DWcool,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay. While we are pleased to hear that your stay was overall very positive, I do regret to hear that you were disappointed in the parking services. We make a point of offering competitively priced valet parking, which is offered for the convenience of our guests. We recognize that you may have many options when it comes to business travel, and we appreciate you choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in booking a future visit.

Ted Selogie

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We were in New Orleans for the high school football championship & wanted to stay away from the teams & noise. We always go for the Ritz Carlton (which is across the street & owned by same company-Marriott), but Ritz was sold out. We booked 2 rooms @ the JW & found that the two hotels are closely alike in service, room amenities, beds, linens, robes & food. The Ritz does do a better job of decorating with an obvious professional decorator's choice of great color. However, the JW isn't shabby. It's more like a custom Lear Jet outfitted for a CEO. Sleek & borderline contemporary. The location is just across the street from the French Quarter & easy walk to Bourbon Street. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, which was the best deal we found for really good food & coffee. The JW is not small, but not large either. It's easy to navigate & valet park your car. If you're a light sleeper like me, get a room high up. It's New Orleans & Canal Street is just outside your window- sirens from police or emergency vehicles do happen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank donz06

Dear donz06,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your stay and for choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans. We're delighted to hear how pleased you were with your stay. There's always so much happening in New Orleans and it's our pleasure to offer guests a luxurious place to rest, relax, and enjoy the city. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our fabulous location near the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and Canal Street. We're just a short walk or streetcar ride away from almost anywhere you'd like to go!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a nice breakfast as part of your stay, and that you found all the services and amenities to be up to the expected JW Marriott standards. The next time you're ready for a Big Easy getaway, we hope you'll keep us in mind! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Ted Selogie

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

There aren't too many hotels with spacious, comfortable rooms with nice views in New Orleans. You have that all at the JW. Our room was clean, spacious, and not infested with an inexplicable stench (which is a big deal for me when it comes to hotels in the N.O).I would definitely stay here again....under reasonable prices of course ;-)

• Stayed: December 2013