“Great Service”

Ranked #63 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Rooms were very clean, and the toiletries were also very nice. I was impressed and I would certainly stay here again if I was in the area. Plus, it was like 2 blocks from Bourbon St. and other shops.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FFXTravelers
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

​Dear FFXTravelers,

It's delightful that the JW Marriott New Orleans was the perfectly located luxury hotel for your New Orleans stay. We're glad that you found our rooms meticulously cleaned and that you enjoyed our Aromatherapy Associates amenities, which are specially tailored to combat the dry air and fatigue that business travelers often encounter. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott New Orleans

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the J.W. Marriott. It is very convenient to the French Quarter, without the noise and disruption. It is actually across the street from Royal St and Bourbon St. The people at this Marriott were super friendly and very helpful. The accommodations were outstanding. We will go back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl H
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

​Dear Cheryl,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay at the JW Marriott New Orleans! It's wonderful that you and your husband adored our convenient location right by the French Quarter as well as the thoughtful staff. Our hotel is indeed perfect for those who would like to walk easily to Bourbon Street and major downtown destinations but would also like to sleep in a luxurious and serene environment. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Pleasant stay, lovely view of the beginnings of the French Quarter. The rooftop pool was especially nice as we could see a storm rolling in over the city. Delicious Pimm's Cup cocktails from George down at the hotel bar. Super friendly guy. Door and concierge staff helpful and very friendly as well.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear S C,

It's an honor to have hosted you during your first trip to New Orleans! We're glad you had the chance to take a break from business and enjoy our rooftop pool. It's great that you received the thoughtful and friendly service typical of this property, as well as a Pimm's Cup by George! We hope you were able to explore the French Quarter and see some of the famous sites nearby our hotel, such as Jackson Square and the Mississippi River. It would be our pleasure to host you during your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I have travelled to New Orleans on business many times, have stayed at a few hotels, but this was my favorite by far. Location was great, room was clean, staff was friendly, bar food was great. George the bartender was the icing on top of the cake during the trip with his hospitality and excellent service. He is an A+!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gerard h

​Dear Gerard,

Thank you for your kind words! We're proud to be your favorite New Orleans hotel. It's especially pleasing to hear about the superb service you received during your stay. George is a bit of a TripAdvisor celebrity and we hope you had the chance to try his stellar martinis. We'd be delighted to host you on your next visit to New Orleans!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel. I came with my sister to do some sightseeing. Everything is lovely and to the tee. We were able to check our bags early since we arrived before check in and we got some advice on where to get a delicious beignet. We also got some wonderful gimlets from the hotel bar from George. He made us great drinks and helped us plan out all of our destinations. We felt very taken care of here!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Addie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the JW Marriott New Orleans! It was our pleasure to be of service to you and your sister during your leisure visit. We're delighted to hear that George not only crafted excellent cocktails but also helped you plan out your visit. That's truly a perfect example of the thoughtful, helpful service we strive to always provide our guests. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed at the JW Marriott every time I've been in New Orleans for work. Overall, I have put in well over 100 nights here in the last year and a half. Every time I stay here, I'm very impressed with the caliber of the people working at this hotel. From Pauline and Ernesto at Breakfast to Gracie at the front desk and the gentleman in the lounge at night (sorry, I'm terrible with names), I have always had a pleasant experience.

The problem with the hotel is more about the structure itself. My hotel sink has never drained properly in the majority of my rooms; shaving is a nightmare when you can't clean your razor properly. I have had my room reassigned in the middle of my trip. I have found a soaked carpet twice and a bathroom that smelled so strongly of bleach that they had to put a purifier in my room.

When it comes down to it, I keep coming back to the hotel for the people, in the hopes that they solve the other problems that never seem to go away.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king if given the choice. The higher your floor, the less noise you'll hear fr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vin314
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Vin314,

Thank you for your glowing comments about the hotel staff and service that they provide. I will be sure to acknowledge Pauline, Ernesto, Gracie and Tom for their attentive service that they have given to you in the Executive lounge. Additionally, thank you for sharing the information related to the poorly draining sink, the wet carpet and the strong odor of bleach that you have experienced on your business trips to our hotel. We will use your feedback to make improvements and eliminate the issues you have experienced. We truly appreciate your continued patronage and loyalty to the JW Marriott New Orleans. We look forward to your next visit and we will strive for perfection to make your stay completely distraction free.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What an ABSOLUTE wonderful experience! From arrival to checkout was one of the most pleasurable experiences my wife and I have ever had at any hotel!

Two of the doormen - Paul and Alfred were by far the most friendly and knowledgeable of the area - offering many suggestions and alternatives for eating and entertainment.
THANK YOU PAUL and ALFRED!.

If you are reading this - and go to this location - please hookup with Paul and Alfred - you wont go wrong - and tell them I said hi!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob P

​Dear Bob,

We're delighted that we provided you with one of the best hotel experience of your life! We will certainly pass this on to Paul and Alfred, who are both well-known for their kind service and knowledge about the local area. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and mention our fine staff members. We eagerly await your return.