Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
J W Marriott(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Crescent Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
2,512 results
All reviewscanal streetgreat locationthe executive loungecorner roomfrench quartercommon streetlobby barbourbon stfitness centervery nice hoteljazz festvalet parkingthe entire staffmardi grastwo blocksgarden districtjackson square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Not to be confused with the more prominent New Orleans Marriott across the street, the JW Marriott is located on the south side of Canal Street with parking entrance on Common Street. The JW Marriott is a nice, full-service property conveniently located to the French Quarter. Parking is by valet only and the retrieval was quick for us. Check-in went smoothly and we used bell service for check in and check out. The bellmen in both instances were very courteous and helpful. Our room was comfortable, but I was disappointed to find bits of debris still on the floor in the bathroom. The bathroom was cramped but the shower and tub were full-size and nice. We were on the 30th floor with a nice view facing the water and Quarter. This hotel close to streetcar stops, and you can do so much in the area without ever using your car. Jazzy Day Passes are available for $3.00 and make hop-on, hop-off easy. Since this was our first visit to New Orleans, we did the touristy things and walked around the French Quarter, visited Jackson Square and took in the sights. This JW Marriott was a great base for our sightseeing adventure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete S
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear apswen,

Thank you for your beautiful photos of our property as well as your kind words about your stay. It was our pleasure to be the base for your first New Orleans experience. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and our service to be very courteous. We are however sorry to hear that we did not exceed expectations in every detail and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us continuously elevate our guests' experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Paul always spotted is out each day and made sure we were enjoying our stays. His smile and cheerful personality was always a warm welcome. He is a great asset to this hotel. The hotel was nice and accommodating as well.

• Stayed: July 2014
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Melinda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Paul is a bit of a TripAdvisor celebrity at our hotel and we are delighted to hear that you received his excellent service. We certainly appreciate him and we are very proud to have wonderful ambassadors like Paul on our team. We would be honored to host you the next time you visit New Orleans.

Ted Selogie

Reviewed 19 July 2014

A plea to hotel companies, just let us park our own cars. Probably waited 45 minutes to get my car and I even called down 10 minutes before heading down. But what do you expect for 42 bucks. I'm also pretty sure they damaged my car to boot. Note that to get to valet you have to go in back alley, not the destination spot of your gps. Follow the sign. That being said, hotel was nice, good service at check in, well supplied breakfast buffet. Room good. Internet good (luckily status kept me from paying high price).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gottdownunder
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Gottdownunder,

Thanks for the positive comments about the wireless internet, breakfast buffet, service at check in and the hotel overall. However, we are concerned about your valet parking experience. Please contact me directly to discuss further. We truly want your entire hotel experience to be flawless and your feedback helps us achieve this goal. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

1. When you enter in the back to valet all the men are most helpful to assist with your bags and opening the door for you. Paul is one that I remember the most as I have stayed at this hotel for several work trips. Paul greets you with a warm welcome and gives you specific directions to make your stay most comfortable.
2. The drinks at bar are delicious. Please ask for George. He has an outstanding personality and makes you feel at home.
3. The rooms are clean, neat, and located near most attractions.
4. Jim Fein and Carmen Joseph are hands on if you need to make group reservations. They both follow-up to ensure that you are happy.
5. Needless to say "I will only stay at the JW Marriott when traveling to New Orleans"

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amber A
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Amber,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the JW Marriott! We will be sure to pass on your compliments to Jim, Carmen, Paul and George, who are all outstanding examples of the service we consistently deliver at our luxury property. George makes a mean Hendricks martini and we hope you had the chance to try it! We eagerly await your return.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Room: First night I had a hole in my bottom sheet and a broken AC. I felt like I was staying in a budget hotel and not a top of the line hotel. On the second night I found out the maids threw away something important. The cleaning staff need some training.

The front desk staff are great and very helpful but I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor if you don't want to hear street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Citygir
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Citygir,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that the Front Desk Staff were great and very helpful to you. However, Please accept my apology for your experience in your guest room. We would agree with your sentiments and will take the necessary steps to address this situation with our staff to help improve our performance. Please contact me directly as I would like to speak to you further regarding your experience. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel and pay us a return visit.