Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
J W Marriott(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Crescent Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
2,512 results
All reviewscanal streetgreat locationthe executive loungecorner roomfrench quartercommon streetlobby barbourbon stfitness centervery nice hoteljazz festvalet parkingthe entire staffmardi grastwo blocksgarden districtjackson square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Hotel is in a premiere location close to the french quarter but as in meres as the hyatt inside the quarter. On terms of location. Is great so with Cana st you have easy access to the rest of Nola. The rooms are small but clean and cozy with no frills just a TV but no video games.
I can see how they have been cutting costs on this hotel like you will get no newspaper and no welcome cocktail or even a welcome letter from the management that is typical in so many marriott I have been across the world. I only had breakfast in there and again it's easy to see how they have limited ingredients for the omelets and only one waitress so you have to be patient with the long wait for a coffee and orange juice.
The worst unpleasant surprise was not the fact that the only cereal you get here is like the one they give you on cheap development country motel or even in motel 6, a choice of 3 cheap small boxes of fruit loops, corn flakes and other probably the cheapest they've found.
The worst was when I asked if they have Soy Milk and they just plain tell you no we don't, I do not know how that can dare to rate themselves at 4 stars when they are so cheap.

Room Tip: What out which one you are book they have two marriott in the same street and the parking is not in canal but in the back street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Jaricaor,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans during your recent visit to the city. We are pleased that you enjoyed our premier location and our clean rooms. Your feedback is very much appreciated; however, we are disappointed we did not provide a 5 star experience for you. We will look closely on what we can do to provide the added value you desire in our restaurant and in your overall hotel experience. I hope that you will consider us upon your next trip to New Orleans. We truly aim at providing a flawless experience for every guest that gives us an opportunity to be of service to them. I hope you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for 6 days while at a conference at a different hotel. Combined the stay with pleasure. The hotel is located just on the edge of the French Quarter. It was very easy walking distance to the quarter and also close to interstate for excursions by car. Our room had a beautiful view of the French Quarter. The staff was very friendly and ready to serve. In addition, although I always felt safe, I also appreciated that they always had a staff person at the entry for the elevators who was monitoring who entered and left. As with most Marriotts, the 16.95 for WI-FI is a pain. They only have valet parking which was $40 a night. But the valet service was quick when we needed to take advantage of the in and out priviledges. There is a public lot around the corner, but the convenience of the valet was worth it for me.

Room Tip: Finding the hotel with the Canal Street address is not ideal. At that entrance there is a sign that instructs drivers to take Magazine Street 2 blocks ahead, turn right and take Common Street for the valet parking entrance and the main lobby. I wish I had known that before hand.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Albert,

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience at the JW Marriott New Orleans. It is wonderful to hear that you truly enjoyed your six day stay with us, with a beautiful view, excellent location and safe luxury environment. We are also pleased to hear that you found our valet convenient and efficient. It would be our pleasure to host you on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Some of the best service I have had in a business hotel. The staff were all very friendly, accommodating, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that everything was perfect. The location is in the French Quarter. Restaurant and room service were both very good. Only complaint was the shower- the temperature was difficult to control and it wouldn't allow for anything but very hot water. I reported this to the front desk at check out, and they were very apologetic. Conference facilities were good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gasmom217,

Thank you for your kind words about the JW Marriott New Orleans. It's fantastic to hear that you found us a truly superior hotel for the business travelers. We're glad you enjoyed Canal Street Grill, our exemplary service, and convenient location to the French Quarter. We are so sorry to hear about the inconsistency in the water temperature and we hope to have the opportunity to deliver a flawless stay on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a frequent traveller in the past (Platinum Elite Member for several years, as we have neared retirement and not traveling as frequently, Silver Elite Member) my Wife and I have stayed at the JW Marriott in New Orleans many times over the years. All of our visits have been Exceptional, but this one was over the top. I received an e-mail several days in advance to help us prep for a smooth check-in. We arrived on Sunday afternoon and stepped into a dream. I realized that we were going to the top floor on the elevator, but never expected this "upgrade", a 2000 sq. ft. 2 story, 2 bedroom luxury Suite with full Kitchen, Dining room for 8, 2 Whirlpool baths and spectacular Canal Street, French Quarter and River views from our extremely nice accommodations. Our 3 night stay was over before we knew it, but we will never forget it (many pictures to remember and share). Deborah at the Lobby Bar has been a constant connection and re-connection every time we visit, recommending many great dining opportunities and, for us, the definition of hospitality at the JW. This is a tradition for us and we stay only at the JW when in New Orleans. We are planning another visit to New Orleans before Christmas and JW Marriott is our "must have" in the itinerary. I highly recommend this location as a part of anyone's visit to New Orleans!

Room Tip: We have stayed on many floors but always request a Canal Street, French Quarter view which showcases New Orleans' finest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank H Michael B
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear H Michael B,

We couldn't be happier to hear that your last experience was exceptional. It is our pleasure to go above and beyond for all of our guests and we are delighted that you enjoyed your upgrade to the Presidential Suite, as well as Deborah's incredible hospitality. We look forward to your return to the Big Easy and thank you so much for your review.

Ted Selogie

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel, stay here whenever I'm in town. IMO the best parts; the rooms are impeccably clean, the gym is huge with updated equipment and the bar is intimate and well-staffed. I've always been warmly welcomed at the JW and all of my requests have been met including room service, late checkout and on-time valet. Great spot on Canal St. only a few steps from Bourbon.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Kara,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel. We appreciate that you mentioned our attention to detail, well-appointed gym and incredible service. Additionally, it's wonderful that you adore our convenient location near the historic streetcar route and famous French Quarter. We can't wait to welcome you back to the JW Marriott New Orleans on your next trip.