“Accounting”

Ranked #72 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I know these reviews typically acknowledge the customer service staff, managers of the hotel but I am complimenting the service and dedication of Jennifer Simoneaux. I recently sent several members of my staff to a conference in New Orleans and they had the luxury of staying at this hotel. I was not pleased with the prices of this hotel, but I knew my staff was going around the time of Independence Day and also another local celebration that was going on in the city that weekend, therefore the prices were fair.

I was called over the weekend to say that my staff's room charges were more than expected. I questioned how that was possible given I had hotel confirmations showing the price. Fast forward to three weeks after my staff checked out, I received my credit card statement which said I paid $500 more for per person for their stay. Keep in mind 10 people attended. That’s $5000 extra. I spoke with Jennifer and she immediately was apologetic and started the process in fixing the issue. I spoke with Jennifer several days to get this fixed, no fault of her own though. Due to my schedule I was negligent to the emails she sent. Nonetheless, when I was available to finish this task, Jennifer was always there and patient. We have emailed each other back and forth with me asking questions tirelessly. Every question I asked, there was a patient, thorough answer provided.

Jennifer saved JW Marriott's business with me from a professional and personal stand point. Those working at the front desk should be trained by Ms. Simoneaux. Their lack of impatience and knowledge of their hotel is an inadequate for such a brand. For someone to fix someone else's mess and own the issue, speaks on her high character and integrity. It is ALWAYS an honor to work with someone who is patient, caring, and warm as she was. She is an asset to your accounting department, and building.

I feel you should get the point of where I’m going here.

She is awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear smithalexander2014,

It was such a pleasure to read your feedback about Jennifer's excellent service. While we regret that your stay was not flawless, it is wonderful to know that you were well taken care of by Jennifer in the detail-oriented, attentive way expected of our JW Marriott associates. We certainly hope that we may have the chance to deliver a perfect stay to you in the future. Thank you for the time you took to share about your experience at our hotel.

JW Marriott New Orleans

Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Being from Asia, gold elite member, and having travelled a few times to USA I am starting to realise that with Marriott chain the equivalent hotels in USA just don't measure up to the equivalent Asian ones.

A JW in Asia is top of the line quality and service and comparing this hotel to any of those just pales into insignificance.

Let's start with the good points...

The staff, very friendly and in general so helpful. The location is really handy for the French Quarter which is just over the street.
Famous Marriott bed super comfortable.

What makes it average...

The exec lounge is very small, key in door works intermittently and worst of all, shut Saturday and Sunday! You pay for drinks at the cocktail session and no one on service for check in and out.

The rooms are OK size but everything about them and the hotel has a dated feel about it. Outside noise creeps in even on 17th floor so try get a room as high as you can. The doors themselves shut with resounding thuds which you are likely to hear quite frequently in the night as revellers return.

Having not stayed at other hotels in NO not sure how this JW stacks up amongst their peers.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark R
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Mark R.,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott New Orleans for your lodging needs. It's great to hear that our friendly staff, comfortable beds and prime location met your expectations. Or location makes getting around New Orleans a "breeze". I appreciate the additional feedback related to our Executive Lounge, room decor and the noise you encountered. Please accept our apology for any disturbance the doors caused you. We will take your comments into consideration as we continually strive to improve the guest experience. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service if travel brings you back to New Orleans. There are many great improvements planned in the coming months that will address your feedback.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

From the moment that I drove onto the property I was spoiled. The gentlemen in valet greeted me with a smile every time I arrived/departed. Check-in went very smoothly and when complete, Paul (Doorman) was awaiting to deliver my luggage to the room. Paul also was a great help with suggesting GREAT places to dine and also visit along with some pretty good directions on how to get to these locations. If you ever decide to stay at the JW New Orleans, be sure and spend a minute or two with him...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vernell J
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Vernell,

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience at the JW Marriott New Orleans. It is our pleasure to give our guests the attentive, professional luxury service that our hotel is known for. Paul is very well-known on TripAdvisor and we are so happy to hear that you received excellent dining recommendations from him. We hope to see you again the next time that you are in New Orleans.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Overall the hotel was good, but to me it's the little things....We were a party of three and the only room available to book online was one with a King Bed. I called the hotel direct to inquire if there was a sofa in the room where the third person could sleep and was told yes. But of course upon my arrival this was not the case.

Kimberly, the agent at the front desk could tell I was not a happy camper. She apologized for the misinformation and sent me a dish of complimentary fruit to the room. This was a step in the right direction.

Room service.... had one minor problem, but we managed to adjust. We ordered two coffees and one hot tea. We received two cups, not three. It's the little things. Also, the toast order was not correct, 1 wheat, 1 white, 1 rye. We all got wheat. It was all good, but these are the little things that may make one select another hotel.

End of story, the little things were not so bad that I would not stay there again and I recommend you give this property a try. I had friends staying at the Marriott across the street and I liked the JW much better!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Johnetta54,

Thank you so much for your feedback. While we are delighted to hear that you received excellent service from Kimberley, we deeply regret that your stay was not flawless. We pride ourselves in delivering seamless, detail-oriented service and it is very important to us that each guest receive the luxury treatment typical of our hotel. We will certainly use your feedback to improve our guests' experiences. We hope to one day have the opportunity to give you a perfect stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is located in a prime location, putting you right at the French Quarters. A few blocks from most of the amazing places to see in New Orleans. The staff was excellent, not snobby, very accommodating and extremely responsive to our needs and requests. Before we left, the staff took my two children to their hotel shop and had them pick a snack of their choice. We were thrilled with the staff's level of attention. Facilities were OK. The elevators were broken during our second night, a bit of a nuisance, but tolerable since we were not on a tight schedule.

The atmosphere was great...their Illy Coffee was, as expected, excellent, too. Our room was simple, showed some age. Carpet was clean, beds were very comfy, the TV system was simple to operate. Alarm clock was a bit of a challenge to figure out. The bathroom was adequate; nothing special. Loved the roomy tub/shower area. I hated the configuration of the toilet paper, which was difficult to find/reach. House coffee was terrible while the complimentary Biscoff (cookies) were out of this world good!! The toiletries provided were amazing, too! I'm not sure if all rooms were supposed to have JW Marriot Robes, which would have been a nice touch, being that most of the hotel temp was set to 65 degrees (brrrrrrr)

Over all, we really enjoyed the hotel, location, and atmosphere and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. OHhhhh... I almost forgot to mention... the concierge on duty was just PERFECT! He was helpful, accommodating and even let me use the staff elevators when the main ones were broken, to minimize the impact of the glitch. My wife thought that was pretty cool.

Room Tip: Ask for the French Quarters/River view...the higher the better. We stayed on the 29th floor (Thanks...
2  Thank maestroalvarez
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Maestroalvarez,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback about the JW Marriott New Orleans! We are delighted to hear that you experienced the excellent service and great atmosphere typical of our hotel. It's especially nice to know that our concierge Andrew was so helpful to you and your wife. It would be our pleasure to host you again on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here and absolutely LOVED it!!!! The Hotel itself speaks volumes. Whenever I travel I like luxury hotels that is top of the line customer service, amenities and an excellent appearance. Let me tell you this hotel exceeded my expectations. I checked in on a Friday which means BUSY, BUSY! Not this hotel, the valet staff was fast, friendly and courteous. I especially remembered Paul (doorman)... His accent and southern hospitality made me feel like I was really welcomed to the city. Immediately he opened my door and greeted me to the hotel. I felt excited about my stay immediately! He offered help with my bags and information about the city with confidence. Although two elevators were out, the staff eased the issue very professionally. Everyone was well groomed and professional. Elizabeth ( not sure of her name) blonde hair kinda tall was so sweet to take us through service elevators up to our room. The hotel is beautiful
, staff is awesome. This is my new hotel for any visit to NOLA!!!!

Room Tip: Perfect hotel if you want to get away from the chaos of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megan H
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Megan,

It's wonderful that you and your boyfriend had such an enjoyable visit. Paul is quite popular on TripAdvisor and he couldn't be more deserving of his excellent reputation for service. It is always a pleasure to exceed our guests' expectations and we're honored to be your new favorite New Orleans hotel.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very nice hotel, close to the French quarter and Bourbon Street. Perfect location to visit the main touristic attractions. We particularly enjoyed the outside swimming pool and the friendliness of the staff.

Dear ilojon,

Thank you for your kind words. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our outdoor swimming pool, which offers some great city views and even has a fresh herb garden. Our staff is indeed known for their service and they adore giving our guests tips and recommendations during their stay. We also completely agree about our location, which makes it easy for our guests to access the famous French Quarter, the historic Garden District, the trendy Warehouse District, and many of New Orleans' other intriguing neighborhood. We hope your family will join us again in the near future.