“Good location”

Ranked #57 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Ramona, Oklahoma
“Good location”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The location was great, right in the middle of the French Quarter and a great base for walking excursions. Do grab a pedi-cab when your feet get tired of all that walking, though. The staff was excellent, friendly and very helpful. Loved the concierge services, as it was our first visit to the city and they gave excellent tips about restaurants and attractions. The rooms were nice, clean but not overly fancy and there was some renovations going on while we were there. Only down-side was the extra fee for parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Queenof Ramona,

We are happy to hear that you had a great experience at the JW Marriott New Orleans because of our Staff Service, Concierge recommendations and location. As you mentioned; our location is in the middle ot all the action, just steps away from the French Quarter and the St. Charles Street car line. Regarding parking, we have priced ourselves competitively in the downtown market, we are sorry this fee caused us to loose points in your rating. We would love to be of service to you in the future and we look forward to that opportunity soon.

JW Marriott New Orleans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The staff here is amazing! Sure, there are a lot of swanky hotels in New Orleans to choose from. But what you do not get at those other places is the genuinely helpful and nice staff. I honestly wish I could remember everyone's name, but here are the highlights... two of the doormen stand out - Paul and William. Super friendly. Paid attention to my niece and I but not in a creepy way. Very friendly, but not pushy. They introduced themselves to us, asked us if we needed anything, always had cold water waiting for us and remembered us - every time! We only ordered room service a couple of times - but the staff there was amazing as well. They even offered to get us food later than their normal hours! They had great suggestions for local places to check out and when to go. This is our go-to from now on! Thank JW Marriott for making this get away so very amazing!

Room Tip: As for a city or river view! So lovely!
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Mollie S,

We are so honored that you have named the JW Marriott New Orleans your go-to hotel after your first stay with us! Thank you for letting us know about your first-class experience with your family. We are very glad that you share the same love and appreciation for our staff that we do and that Paul and William provided incredible service to you. It's great to hear that we were able to offer you great suggestions for local places to visit during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New Orleans!

Ted Selogie
The Colony, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Booked here with points for a Labor Day weekend vacation w/ the misses. I travel for work quite often and stay at JW Marriotts, but this was my first time to visit New Orleans and this location. We arrived a little early close to 10:00 am, yet they still found a room and checked us in early. The location is perfect to walk aorund the french quarter, every person was eager to help and assist.

Our first morning, I went downstairs to get a bagel and some coffee to go and take back up to the room. Rather than ripping me off at the Bar when I ordered, she pointed me to the buffet and recommended I get a to-go box and load it up to really get full. A great recommendation and an incentive that they could of easily taken advantage of me in.

Next was the check out process. We left our bag with the bellman and told him when we'd be back, he had our bags waiting and a taxi already pulled up for us to head to the airport without missing a beat. His name was Paul and he was an excellent doorman.

Concierge Lounge was excellent, wish it was open on weekends but we still enjoyed it Sunday night and Monday morning. Food was great and being a Gold member we were all about the free snacks and drinks to go. The rec center was OK, but the rooftop pool on the 8th floor was fantastic. Great view too!

If you're looking for a first class experience and a great place to stay without breaking the bank, this location is a perfect!

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDub341
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear JDub341,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your incredible stay at our hotel during the holiday weekend. We are so pleased to know that you had a first class experience from the moment you checked in to the moment you checked out. Thank you for letting us know about Paul's excellent service as well! We are also glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our concierge lounge and the relaxing pool. Hopefully you were also able to explore some of the French Quarter's most unique destinations, such as Arnaud's Restaurant for a romantic Creole dinner in the French Quarter. Should your travels ever bring you back for a second visit to New Orleans, we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott New Orleans.

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This was my first visit at JW's in New Orleans and I can says I felt it was a wonderful experience, excellence customer service. The young man by the name of Paul Reed was kind, friendly, willing to help, professional and most of all respectful...Yes, We will revisit and I hope Paul is somewhere around. Thanks for such a wonderful stay.

One thing "I" feel WiFi should be free

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gail R,

We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first visit at the JW Marriott New Orleans with your family. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We couldn't be happier about Paul providing you with such exceptional service that made your stay even better. He's a true example of Southern hospitality. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again during your future trips to New Orleans.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

With exception of the pool deck (no shade and the deck waaay too hot), this was easily my favorite hotel in New Orleans. Conveniently located to everything. The staff was fantastic! Very helpful and friendly. We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Ktdidfi1.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the JW Marriott New Orleans! We're thrilled to hear that we easily win your vote for your favorite hotel in New Orleans. We couldn't agree more about our fantastic staff. Please accept our apologies that the pool area did not exceed your expectations and we eagerly await the opportunity to deliver a flawless stay to you on your next trip to New Orleans.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2014

During a recent trip to New Orleans, we were delighted to discover that not only was the JW Marriott Hotel on NOLA's Canal Street a cut above other offerings, but the hotel staff was top notch. From Laura at the check-in desk to the fabulous bellhops who hailed us a cab to the airport, every employee gave us first-class service. When we needed a bottle opener for our Abitas, a bellhop brought one right up. Although the pool was out of service during our visit, the staff directed us to the Marriott across the street, which had two rooftop pools. And when we wanted to ask about checking out an hour later and the desk was super busy, the bellhop wrote down our info and took care of it for us. He even remembered me -- and my room number -- the next day and asked about it! Offering amenities like a posh lounge with whimsical board games, free bottled water and a giant urn of icy lemonade every afternoon are fabulous perks. But having a staff that is integrated across the board, with every person not just worried about their own job, but truly dedicated to the guests' enjoyment, is a real first-class act. Way to go, JW Marriott!

Room Tip: The view from the 18th floor was amazing.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank W1nniemc
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear W1nniemc,

What a pleasure it is to read about your experience! We couldn't be prouder of our staff and their first-class teamwork that carries into the guest experience. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful lobby lounge as well as the details like complimentary bottled water. It would be our honor to delight you again on your next visit to New Orleans.

Ted Selogie
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This trip was a surprise for my husband's 50th birthday. A week before arriving I called the concierge and spoke with Daisy. I told her what the trip was for, she suggested having balloons & cake in the room when we arrived. We arrived early so the room surprise was delayed until we came back from lunch, it was perfect. When I first met Daisy it was like I had known her for years, she was very lovely. She gave us maps and books of restaurants and attractions . Her guidance was so helpful! Location of the JWM is perfect! Your in the midst of everything around the French Quarter. On the plane before take-off back home my husband realized he left his headphones in the hotel room. I called the desk clerk (Kimberly) from the plane. I let her know my dilemma. She informs me she will send someone to check the room and will give me a call back shortly. When she returned the call we were in flight. When we landed I had a voicemail from Kimberly letting me know the headphones had been recovered and she would mail them to us. My husband received the headphones two days later. He was very impressed! I was very impressed with the entire staff from the day of check-in to the day of check-out. Especially DAISY & KIMBERLY! Also my husband loved the layout of our KING EXECUTIVE ROOM! Needless to say my next trip to NAWLINS will be sooner than later and my hotel will be the JW MARRIOTT ON CANAL ST!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melissadixon29
Dear Melissadixon29,

We are so pleased to hear how Kimberly and Daisy helped make your husband's 50th birthday a wonderful memory! We often host guests for special occasions and our associates are masters of the craft when it comes to making your experience outstanding. We hope to see you again soon.