“Location & Charm”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #31 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We spent 3 nights in a spacious courtyard facing room with private balcony and couldn't have asked for more. The staff is friendly and attentive and the location can't be beat. The crossaints, juice, coffee, danish, and muffins in the bistro are just right to have a start on the day. Its so close to Jackson Square but yet quiet. And very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cajunyank
Write a ReviewReviews (2,344)

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Fantastic location in the French Quarter. Great staff. Very Helpful. Nice pool and courtyard.

Room Tip: Try to get a courtyard room the access and view are terrific
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

OK, it was July, so it was hot and humid - definitely off-deason, but we had a nice room for under $100/night steps from Jackson Square. Place d'Armes is next to the St. Louis Cathedral and just 1 1/2 blocks to Bourbon Street. Nice courtyard with pool, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel is in a great location in the french quarter. It is on a quiet street with lovely restaurants nearby.
The rooms have bags of characters and are impeccable. The beds are huge and the decor is very pretty. The hotel has a quaint courtyard and pool which was lovely to use for breakfast or an evening coffee.
The hotel is great value considering where it is situated. In another city it would probably be far more expensive considering how well run it is.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as a base to explore new orleans.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We loved staying at Place D'Arms. Great location, friendly service, interesting rooms. My 3-year old said it was her favorite part of New Orleans! It's a wonderful retreat in the middle of all the bustle. Very clean. Great for families or just couples. I'm one to try new places, but if I go back to New Orleans, I'd definitely go back to Place D'Arms.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed in the Junior Suite and it was incredible. High ceilings, chandeliers, a fireplace with huge mirror (I think it was non-working, but it added great ambiance), the large bathroom had lovely ceramic tiles, the sitting area was roomy and comfy. Really, I cannot say enough about how lovely this room was.

In addition, everything was very clean, the courtyard was inviting, and the staff were all incredibly nice and helpful. (And, of course, the location simply cannot be beat.)

Also, I'd like to admire the sense of humor the cleaning staff must have. When my daughter spotted the four spare pillows in the armoire she just had to put them on her bed. Instead of being annoyed (like I would have been), they arranged them in neat and creative ways every day. We really appreciated that extra touch. When we come back, we definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kbigler
Reviewed 11 August 2011

You cannot beat the location of this hotel. We were able to walk EVERYWHERE from all the action surrounding Jackson Square, 1 block from Cafe Du Monde to walk for coffee in the am, to Bourbon Street, Frenchmans, and even to downtown for gambling, and spa action. You could hear the garbage trucks in the am but other than that, the noise from Bourbon was slim to none. The breaksfast they served complimentary was simple but excellent- croissants and coffee was great too, local and national newspapers to read. Our room didn't seem to be the cleanest to me....faint burnt smell in the bedroom almost like there was once a fire in the area? (luckily I had a travel candle with me and kept it lit at all times) I was wishing I had brought my own pillow and blanket. The decor definitely needs an update---comforters, scratches in our sink and tub porcelin in the bathroom and the carpet was skeevey. I wore flipflops the whole time. The old exposed brick is neat but with the decor can make it feel really dark and gloomy. Great balcony off our room where we could hear local jazz though. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, if I were to go back to New Orleans for a quicker trip (2-3 days) vs. 5-6 then I may stay here again. You are really not in the rooms much at all. The pool area is very charming as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple