“Back in Time”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #33 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Hadn't stayed here since Katrina, so it was wonderful to be back. Great location in the Quarter and within walking distance of the entire quarter. Service is excellent and the breakfast is very good. Just make sure you aren't in room 104 as it is right next to breakfast area and is very noisy and has a very musty smell. The courtyard rooms are really nice and it is like stepping back in time sitting in the courtyard.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the courtyard.
There are newer reviews for Place d'Armes Hotel

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. The balcony provided a great view of the quarter. Hotel amenities were fine. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the service solid. I would absolutely stay here again as the location is perfect!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jarvis R
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We needed a place to stay for Thursday night, as we arrived the day before a conference with hotel. This was perfect for our needs, as it was at a reasonable rate. Being our first time in New Orleans, the location is perfect, right in the heart of the French Quarter. It would've been hard to find a better location without the noise of Bourbon St.

The hotel itself is cool, exactly what you expect for a French Quarter hotel. It's pretty old but well maintained, and you enter your room through the large courtyard in the middle. The room itself wasn't all that great, maybe a bit musty but we weren't deterred. It was definitely bigger than your typical chain or boutique hotels so that's a plus.

There was also a complimentary breakfast with European style pastries, bagels, and jus. I'd come back.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our regular "chick trip" to New Orleans would not be complete without a stay at the Place d'Armes! Our interior rooms are quiet, clean and well appointed. Almost all the staff is amazing. The Bell Captans are the best! The staff welcomes us back and offers us wonderful advice about bars, restaurants and transportation. Best location ever!

Room Tip: We like the quiet interior rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank jojosgranny
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What else can I say that hasn't already been said in the other reviews! We stopped at the Louisiana Welcome Center on our way into New Orleans. We were only planning on a day trip but the woman at the desk told us that the hotels that have rooms to get rid of that day fax over special rates in the morning. Well, she suggested this hotel and the rate was too good to pass up! When we arrived at the hotel, we had garaged, valet parking and it was free. Most hotels in the area charge $10.00 and street parking is impossible in the French Quarter. The courtyard was like something out of a fairytale!! I grabbed my laptop and camera in the evening and sat at the wrought iron table admiring the view and the serenity of the courtyard. Next thing I knew it was 6am! The hotel is close to everything including a bus stop for the on-off sightseeing bus tour. Look for coupons online and in the brochures in the lobby. There are coupons for everything. When you mention you are on the bus tour, most of the merchants will give you 25% off your purchases! This alone is worth it.
This hotel is amazing and a true taste of New Orleans! I highly recommend this hotel. We had an inner room which was fine and I got the first full nights sleep I've had in years. The courtyard balcony rooms are very nice and I will try one of these rooms next time. Inner or outer, it doesn't matter. This boutique hotel is everything and more you could wish for!

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms have a beautiful balcony with table and chairs overlooking the courtyard but the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sherylkat67
Reviewed 25 October 2013

How close can you be to Burbon Street and still have a wonderful "quite" hotel courtyard? This is just the place for you. This was my second trip to New Orleans and both times I stayed at this hotel (thank goodness for my girlfriend who told me all about it!) The room we stayed in was an INSIDE room - which is windowless - however quite nice. The bed was truly comfortable - AND I didn't toss and turn the first night (which happens quite often when I am at a hotel) and I couldn't ask for a better location. 1 Block away from Burbon Street - 2 Blocks from the French Market - AND THAT COURTYARD . . . Great. It encompasses all that is great about the French Quarter - the staff were so helpful - they made suggestions - they welcomed us back (yes - two of the staff remembered us from our previous visit) - what more can you say. When I needed to rent a wheelchair they got me all the information I needed - and took excellent care of us. The pool is shaded and very inviting. There is a continental breakfast and it is a nice way to start your day. I would highly recommend this hotel.

3  Thank luluinNOLA
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is one block off Bourbon and 2 blocks from the French Market. It was a perfect location for everything we wanted to do. We stayed in one of the windowless rooms - which enabled us to sleep in. The rooms are small but old and beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable. There are too many great restaurants nearby, so we never tried the continental breakfast. The only downside was that we got a room close to the utility closet and the walls are extremely thin so we heard when drunk people came back to their rooms and when cleaning service started. It was so dark though we didn't really care.

We spent almost no time in the room which made our interior space perfect but if you plan to hang out there in the day time, I would get a room with windows.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the elevator and utility closet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple