“Excellent accommodations and service”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #27 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Accommodations and service of staff were excellent. Some of the staff who were extremely helpful were Ciara, Dionne, Nell, Trevor, Fabian, and Tequila, who we spoke to a few times regarding booking our reservation. Other staff were also helpful, but we did not get their names. The continental breakfast was a good start for our days of exploring NOLA. When our flight home was cancelled because of bad weather back East, the staff, especially Ciara, worked to allow us to stay in our same wonderful room for another night, which we appreciated. While we have stayed at many hotels in NOLA over the years, Place D'Armes stands out as one of our favorites.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LJS6
Write a ReviewReviews (2,417)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed there for five days during winter vacation. I especially liked the courtyard and the pool, unfortunately the pool was not a heated. Room was clean and comfortable. The TV was so old, I turned it off after two mins, didn't watch TV that much anyhow. Complementary breakfast was decent, would be nice to have more choices (eggs, cereals, etc.). Great location, walking distance to Jackson Square, French Market, Bourbon Street, Cafe Du Monde, etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Didn't use the garage.

P.S. One password works for all their Wifis.

Room Tip: Rooms with (shared) courtyard balcony, beautiful view with no street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This is our first trip to Nola and being a group of 8, we wanted this trip to memorable. This hotel is situated at the best location ever, where you can find everything you need close by ex: it's in the French quarter, a block away from bourbon street and to the Mississippi river great restaurant, bar, market, pharmacy, etc... It gives you great service and complementary breakfast, enough to start the day. I'm really happy we choose this hotel. It made out trip memorable!!! And the best part I got to see no ghost :) I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Lizara10
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have stayed here twice now and are considering another visit this year.. I love the pretty courtyard and the balcony rooms overlooking it , there is a perfect serenity about the place -even if the ghosties are about. So easy to walk out the front door and be in the centre of it all ;-staff are great ,breakfast good ,nice little courtyard pool what more can I say --I love it!

Room Tip: Upstairs balcony roomsare best as you can leave the door ajar at night (I don't like air conditi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fran649
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Clean, comfortable and great customer service. Staff friendly and helpful. Convienent parking, garage attached ($28). Best rooms are off the courtyard for quiet sleeping as they are more private and removed from the street noise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here previously and have had many requests for the ghost story. After we checked in and stored our luggage In The room we walked down to Cafe Dumond for coffee. When we returned we were suprised to find a girls head band laying in the open drawer between the beds. We had not opened the drawer or left anything out. The headband was dusty. We laughed about the rumored ghosts and thought we had a spirit playing with us. We came in later after a night on Bourbon Street and around 3:00 am we heard what sounded like children running around in the room above us. Thinking this was the people upstairs coming in late, we went to bed and didn't think twice about it. The next night around the same time once again we heard what sounded like children running around playing. The next day I went to the office because i had not seen anyone in our courtyard for 2 days. After talking to the people in the office they had a busboy go with us to check the rooms. He looked at us very strang when we described the noises. he then informed us the rooms above us were empty and were unoccupied for the entire weekend. The hotel had previously been a school and during the last big fire there were children who had died there. We think their spirits are still there. Don't worry, they are friendly but if you stay there you may also encounter something unusual. We left the headband in the room when we checked out.

• Stayed: April 2013
9  Thank wadeaminut
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay here so much the first time that I came back in October 2013 and again, I was so very much pleased! A balcony room is the way to go if you can get one (lovely window-doors that open up onto it!), and this time, we had a private balcony which is awesome if you like to smoke because you can out there and they give you ashtrays! Table and chairs too, so you can also eat, relax and watch the activity because there is ALWAYS something going on in the NOLA streets! There are community balcony rooms on the other side of the building, which I stayed in last time and they are great too, will give you a larger room, but if you'd rather have the balcony space--go with the private balcony. Private balcony rooms are still a decent size and lovely, but you will have more hotel room space with a community balcony room. Continental breakfast is fine (fruit, muffins, croissant, donuts, coffee, juice) if you are not a big breakfast-person. Again, if you like big breakfasts, the restaurant across the street on the corner of the Square is named STANLEY and they have FANTASTIC breakfasts! It gets very crowded on weekends though--just an FYI.

Parking garage is available at the hotel and I think the charge was $25/day, but check the site. You seriously do not need a car in NOLA--cabs are in abundance, the street cars, and most tours that go out to plantations/swamps/etc., will pick you up and take you back to the hotel. But you can rent a car for a day if you like (Enterprise Car Rental is the closest place on Canal Street and they are great--they also have pick up/drop off service to your hotel, so you don't have to worry about how to get there in order to get the car and they take you back after you drop the car off) and park at the hotel for as long as you need to, as parking is difficult in the neighborhood because its very old and the streets are tight. Comfy beds, full tub/shower, vanity area, nice décor. Vending machines are available right outside the breakfast nook, and so is a single bathroom which is very convenient if you don't want to run up to your room while you're out walking. This place is central to everything because of it being in Jackson Square--no matter where you are in the Quarter, you can be back there in minutes to drop stuff off or take care of any personal issues. They have a lovely courtyard and swimming pool, and there is a computer/printer in the lobby if you want to print airplane boarding passes in advance (there is no print charge!) or check the Internet for anything. Internet access is available as well if you bring your own devices.

I also want to point out that the hotel is very clean. My room was very clean upon arrival, as was the presentation of the lobby, the breakfast nook, and even the lobby bathroom located off the breakfast nook. The cleaning staff took good care of us during our stay--and four women in one room can be a challenge--but they really took good care of us! The building is very old, and known to be haunted, so if you believe in ghosts, I can tell you that you won't have a problem being creeped out! :D I just love Place d'Arms. NOLA is my home away from home, and since my go-to hotel in the Garden District was destroyed in Katrina, I'm glad that I found another go-to place for my annual trip.

Room Tip: Private balcony rooms are good for smokers, people-watching, relaxing/eating outside. Although not a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends