“My favorite French Quarter hotel”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #38 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Hallsville, Missouri
“My favorite French Quarter hotel”
Reviewed 24 September 2007

This was our third stay in New Orleans and our second in the French Quarter. We had previously stayed at the Prince Conti 4 years ago and enjoyed it so we thought to try the sister hotel Place d'Armes for the Jackson Square location and the beautiful enclosed courtyard. Our room #225 was facing the back courtyard and was very quiet and peaceful. The many tables and chairs in the lush courtyard gifted us with some of the most tranquil leisure in our stay. My wife and I were here 3 days for our 20th anniversary and we were within easy walking distance to some of the very finest restaurants in the Quarter. The front desk provided excellent consierge service in booking the tours we wanted. The hotels and restaurants of the Quarter are leading the charge for the recovery of the rest of the area. We will return.

• Liked — A quiet respite from the crazy nightlife of the French Quarter
  • Disliked — A cocktail bar in the courtyard would be nice
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Kawaller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2007

This charming courtyard hotel is right off the French Quarter. Entrance is through 1 small lobby so you feel very safe. Everyone working there was friendly, the rooms were clean, the pool and courtyard area were a sheltered oasis, and it was very affordable. We were there a day before the 2nd anniversary of Katrina. I would recommend taking one of the 'disaster' tours that head into other parts of New Orleans and make it clear this is a city much in need of help. However, the French Quarter has recovered. Restaurants and bars are open and the crowds are less intense.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank BeachBrevard
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I go to new orleans often, and have stayed in over 15 hotels in the french quarter. This hotel is the best as far as location and feel for the history of the veux carre.

This hotel is only one block from cafe dumonde, 1/4 block from Jackson Square and one of my favorite new orleans restaurants, the alpine (on the corner of chartes, at jackson square).

The staff is kind, the hotel is always clean and after my 3rd stay at this hotel, the staff is mostly the same which I think says a lot for how the hotel is managed.

I highly recommend it. If you are a person that cares more about fine bedding and ultra new bathrooms, you will be disappointed.

Oh, and if your into ghosts stories... ask the staff about the boys that playfully haunt the hotel.

2 Thank Raethetraveler
New York
Reviewed 17 September 2007

Stayed 2 nights..
great Place .clean and very personal
New Orleans is not what the news claims to be ...come one come all. great place ..French Quarters where never touched by the Floods..took at tour and looks like New Orleans was agreat place to vacation

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2007

Booked a superior King through the website - decided to spend a bit of extra money for a nice room - sure was worth it! We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor that overlooked the pool and courtyard and was massive . Air conditioning worked well and was quiet. Bathroom was simple but functional and had the added bonus of having a separate powder room area and wardrobe. The staff are charming (especially Frank who works the night shift) and provided us with endless information about things to do and restaurant recommendations. Ladies who serviced the rooms were lovely and even asked me if I needed anything when they discovered I was sick. Hotel is perfectly located if you want to be close to all the action - but avoid the noise of Bourbon Street. The photos of the pool area and courtyard don't do it justice - it really is superb and the pool is a welcome relief on those sticky afternoons and evenings. There is no room service or restaurant on site - but there are several snack machines and drink machines on the ground floor, plus the complementary breakfast they supply every morning (croissants, danishes, tea and coffee). I can't recommend this hotel enough. It was an utter bargain and very intimate and pretty. Loved every minute of it and will certainly stay again when we return to NOLA.

3 Thank msmegmog
St Louis
Reviewed 13 September 2007

I have been coming back to the French Quarter since 6 months after Katrina. With each trip I am impressed with how much better the town looks and how upbeat the people are. I'm not sure I could handle half of what these people and this town have gone through the last few years. If you haven't been back, you really need to go! I stay at the Place d armes at 625 St. Ann street when I go. The hotel is perfectly located, very clean and the employees are great. Most lost everything in the hurricane, but when you arrive they make you feel like you are their only concern.

Now go on and get back down there, they need your support.

Stayed August 2007
Louisville,KY
Reviewed 29 August 2007

My wife an I stayed at Place d'Armes Hotel from @23AUG07 to @26AUG07. But, our stay was so great that we stayed for one extra night.
The people in New Orleans are fantastic. Plus the ambience of the city is great for food , drinks , shopping. There is a lot to see in New Orleans, even tho some parts of the city itself looks bad. But, it will take time to get back on its feet.
But, I still recommend for ev'rybody to visit New Orleans once in ther lifetime. For mi its like a second home. I'll be back next year an the one after that. Going to Place d'Armes Hotel feel like family an so helpful. Thank you.

Jr. Santana-DeJesus.

• Liked — Located in the French Quaters.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)