Place d'Armes Hotel
Hotel Royal(New Orleans)
Hotel Provincial(New Orleans)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Inn on Ursulines(New Orleans)
2,480 results
All reviewsjackson squareinterior roomann streetcontinental breakfastcafe dufrench quarterbourbon streetperfect locationlouis cathedralbeautiful courtyardwithout windowsno windowjunior suiteprivate balconysmall pooltwo blocksexposed brick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Last week my husband and I stayed at Place D'Armes for 5 nights. This was my second visit and the first for my husband, he now understands why I speak so highly of this hotel. I had room 401, a deluxe double which was a good size, had comfortable beds and although some of the linens were a bit worn they were clean and abundant.

Once again I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I know they have received some poor reviews in the past but that was not my experience. I think if you treat them with respect you will get the same in return. Dionne, at the front desk, once again helped me with some questions I had about places I wanted to visit on my own. She told me how to get to different places as well as told me which areas I should not be going to by myself.

I did use the beautiful courtyard more on this trip and can imagine using it much more as the weather keeps improving. We had hot and sunny weather and I did sit in the courtyard several times with a drink. Some guests ate their breakfasts out there as well as sat around the pool or at the tables to eat, drink, read and relax. One thing I would like to see in the future would be small fridges in the rooms. There are drink and snack vending machines and an ice machine on the ground floor but a fridge in your room would be handy.

I won't bother listing all the places that are close by this hotel - they have been listed over and over again in other reviews. I will just repeat that this hotel is in a wonderful location. If/when I return to New Orleans this will definitely be my first choice in hotels.

2  Thank sukiro
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We loved our stay at Place D'Armes, the location was perfect! The hotel has beautiful courtyards, and we had a private hallway to our room that was formerly the bridal suite. Our room was not cleaned our first day (we did not report to management) but there were no other problems. Very happy, highly recommend!

Reviewed 27 February 2011

We loved this hotel. It is in a great location, and has tons of charm. The best part of this hotel was the staff. Everyone we interacted with were warm, kind, polite and helpful. Each and everyone of them made us feel welcome and took care of our every need. I will go back to this hotel and i recommend it to anyone traveling to NOLA. ENJOY!!

Reviewed 21 February 2011

If you're looking for a place in the heart of the French Quarter, this is the place. If you want a good value with helpful staff and don't mind a bed that might be a tad too soft, this is the place. If you want a fast, reliable internet connection and a short walk to Cafe Du Monde and Burbon Street and don't mind a shower that could use stronger water presure, this is the place. The continental breakfast is just that, but the food is fresh and there is a decent variety. All in all, this a good value and comfortable place to stay.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

This is a great location in the French Quarter. It is also near to the Mississippi River walk with access to the Natchez steamer and other touring options. It is about two blocks from Bourbon Street. The rooms were roomy and well maintained. The highlight of this hotel was the staff. They helped with everything that we asked and were very pleasant and warm. I paid a little more than I wanted to spend, but you just can't beat this location. You are a few steps from Jackson Square, and a block or so from Cafe Du Monde. The central location makes this ideal. We also enjoyed some store bought breads, cheeses, meats and wines in the courtyard. The pastries, juice and coffee are ample to get you started for the day.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends