“Best location and best value”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #35 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Princeton, New Jersey
“Best location and best value”
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in New Orleans, and the Place D'Armes is the one I will return to. The location is the best, bar none. The price is very reasonable. We had a balcony room and a courtyard room. The courtyard room was roomier, but it was very nice sitting on the generous balcony, with a drink and overlooking the hub-bub on Jackson Square. Of course, the Hotel does not have room service, but if you are of a mind to eat in your room, New Orleans is not the town for you. The number of fantastic restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel is mind-boggling.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank wampolch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We stayed here to be close to the wedding festivities and to be with the wedding family. It was a great location. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We loved that we could relax in the beautiful court yard and walk to the church and reception. We were able to walk to the square and to many wonderful restaurants and bars in the area. We truly experienced New Orleans charm staying at the Place d'Armes.

1 Thank laura_sutter
Memphis Tn.
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel. We had made reservations back in September but could not get a courtyard room like we wanted. The owner and the wonderful lady in reservations, Barbara put us on a list for an upgrade. 2 days before our arival and we got our courtyard room.
It was very nice and had it's own private balcony. By the way that room is haunted. Keep hearing sounds in the night like walking but we loved it. It's our favorite room now.
Location is the best in the Quarter. Close to Bourbon st. and the French Market.
Staff is very friendly and the breakfast is perfect to get you going.
I reconmend this hotel to all my friends and to you.
Have fun!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BooBoos3
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 March 2011

My daughter's wedding was in New Orleans in Feb and we booked the PlaceD'Armes Hotel for family and friends!!! GREAT decision!! The location can't be beat!! Next to Jackson Square! Can't do better than that! It is very old New Orleans-so charming with beautiful courtyards and charming rooms!! Very clean, spacious. They serve a wonderful continental breakfast!! The staff is fantastic and helpful in everyway! It has it's own parking. A wonderful convenience!! All of our guests LOVED it!! When my 2cd daughter marries, I'll book Place D'Armes again!! It was the best decision I ever made! A trully great New Orleans Hotel!!! NO complaints!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dylynn
Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Last week my husband and I stayed at Place D'Armes for 5 nights. This was my second visit and the first for my husband, he now understands why I speak so highly of this hotel. I had room 401, a deluxe double which was a good size, had comfortable beds and although some of the linens were a bit worn they were clean and abundant.

Once again I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I know they have received some poor reviews in the past but that was not my experience. I think if you treat them with respect you will get the same in return. Dionne, at the front desk, once again helped me with some questions I had about places I wanted to visit on my own. She told me how to get to different places as well as told me which areas I should not be going to by myself.

I did use the beautiful courtyard more on this trip and can imagine using it much more as the weather keeps improving. We had hot and sunny weather and I did sit in the courtyard several times with a drink. Some guests ate their breakfasts out there as well as sat around the pool or at the tables to eat, drink, read and relax. One thing I would like to see in the future would be small fridges in the rooms. There are drink and snack vending machines and an ice machine on the ground floor but a fridge in your room would be handy.

I won't bother listing all the places that are close by this hotel - they have been listed over and over again in other reviews. I will just repeat that this hotel is in a wonderful location. If/when I return to New Orleans this will definitely be my first choice in hotels.

2 Thank sukiro
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We loved our stay at Place D'Armes, the location was perfect! The hotel has beautiful courtyards, and we had a private hallway to our room that was formerly the bridal suite. Our room was not cleaned our first day (we did not report to management) but there were no other problems. Very happy, highly recommend!

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We loved this hotel. It is in a great location, and has tons of charm. The best part of this hotel was the staff. Everyone we interacted with were warm, kind, polite and helpful. Each and everyone of them made us feel welcome and took care of our every need. I will go back to this hotel and i recommend it to anyone traveling to NOLA. ENJOY!!