“Excellent, Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chimes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Jonesville, Louisiana
“Excellent, Perfect”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Chimes for 3 nights it was our first time in a bed & breakfast and I have to say there is no way it could've been better. Everything was perfect and better than we ever expected. The house is great. Jill the hostess is a great genuine warm person who is very knowledgeable about the city. The rooms are very clean & the beds are amazingly comfy. Jill made our first b&b stay perfect she is very passionate about her house and making sure her guests are comfortable and that you really have a great experience. We will definitely stay at the Chimes again. Also the breakfasts and the conversations at the table were wonderful. Don't see how anyone could ever leave a bad review of this place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My dad, sister and I stayed here March 28-31st on a recommendation from our cousin (who has stayed many times). We made reservations a few months in advance, which you definitely need to do as this is a real gem that will book up. Upon arrival we were welcomed to a lovely room and courtyard, woke up to start our day and greeted by the best host in Jill, and enjoyed fresh pastries and fruit for breakfast. Jill is an expert at helping you enjoy your time visiting; she gave better advice on tours, music, getting around, etc. than we could have expected. We were perfectly located to catch the streetcar into the French Quarter, and in walking distance of the beautiful Garden District to enjoy tours of the neighborhood, cemeteries, and dine at Commander's Palace. I will definitely be back to visit New Orleans, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I can't recommend The Chimes enough.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I thought I sent in my review right when I got back but maybe I didn't do it right. So here it goes again because I loved my stay here. We have been trying to stay at the Chimes for the last couple of years and could never get a room-we never seem to plan much in advance- but this time I was lucky and got all but 1 night of our 4 nights at the Chimes. So glad I stayed even with the inconvenience of having to change to another hotel for the 1 night. We stayed in 2 different rooms and both were very comfortable, very clean and very quiet. B&B's have never been my first choice because I like peace and quiet when I travel but I kept hearing such good things about the Chimes I needed to try it. Jill has a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit, french pastries, hot strong coffee and juices. We met very nice interesting people and Jill tells her wonderful story of Katrina as if we were the 1st people to hear it. My advise is to plan ahead if you want to stay here and you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: we stayed in rooms 3 and 5 both perfect in every way
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thank you for the very kind review you gave us.....and twice, at that.
Reviewed 28 March 2013

From the delicious healthy breakfast (including outstanding locally made French pastries) to the hosts themselves, you will not find a more friendly, comfortable, and convenient b&b in New Orleans. The rooms are situated around a small charming courtyard behind the main house. Shops and restaurants on Magazine St are 2 blocks in one direction; the St Charles streetcar is 2 block in the other. Perfect location for MG if you want to avoid the drunken insanity of the Quarter.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Our shared experiences at the Chimes have been many over the years. Thank you for being such a loyal Chimes guest and friend.
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I've been to New Orleans about a dozen times and have stayed in B&Bs, hotels, and flats for rent. I loved the Chimes. The location, on a quiet street near the Garden District, was just right. A short walk to the action on Magazine Street and to the St. Charles Avenue streetcar. Jill is an unobtrusive but friendly host with a wealth of knowledge to share about the city. (And if you need a good mechanic, she can steer you there, too.) Friendly, inviting and comfortable place to stay. My wife stayed there on a separate trip and loved it, too. We liked it so much we booked two rooms for our son's graduation from Tulane.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Getting away from the French Quarter to stay at the Chimes is a great notion. Magazine Street shops and restaurants are charming--within an easy walk. Ditto the Garden District. Take the St. Charles St. street car into town and you have easy access to the Quarter, Frenchman Street, whatever you like. We were in two different bedrooms during our stay and loved them both. Huge beds, lovely appointments, beautiful garden and great breakfast that was healthy with lots of fruit and pastries--I think an almond croissant has life giving properties. Everything was well thought out and well executed. We loved it.

Thank you!
Unadilla, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Bed: excellent. Breakfast: excellent. Hosts: wonderful. Their helpfulness: excellent. Other guests: friendly and interesting. Conversation at table: excellent. My point is, I've tried imagining what I'd do to improve the stay my husband and I just returned from and I can't honestly think of a thing. We have agreed that there's no reason to stay anywhere else when we go to N.O., which we do yearly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple