“Exceeded my expectations!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chimes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was my first stay at a B&B and it was amazing. I will definitely be back. The room we stayed in was phenomenal, very spacious and the food was great. I loved meeting new people almost daily at the breakfast table. Sue the innkeeper during our stay is WONDERFUL!!! Super sweet and extremely helpful with everything!

My only complaint is wireless is horrible in the rooms and made it impossible to use. I would strongly recommend they install a couple boosters so people in the rooms can actually use it effectively.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Feliciabowl
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for submitting such a nice review of the Chimes Bed and Breakfast. This is the first we have heard about any wireless problems and will sort the problem immediately. The Chimes has the fastest UVerse system available and has not been problematic. Thank you for letting us know.

There are newer reviews for Chimes Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had been on the road for a week - the return run from driving my son to college in TX from NJ - by the time I got to The Chimes. To save me from having to drive back alone, a friend met up with me in TX for the drive home. We decided to spend a couple of days in NOLA rather than pounding home in three straight days. I wanted to make it a nice stay since she was doing me a HUGE favor, and because it was my only 2 days of true vacation for the summer. Our accommodations needed to provide space and comfort. The Chimes definitely delivered.

I called to reserve the loft room, but that had been taken just an hour before my call. Jill assured me that there was another room that would be fine for us, but a regular had already booked it. Jill went to the trouble of contacting the guest to see if she could free up that room for us. Luckily the guest was gracious enough to take another (single) room. We had a queen bed and a day bed, which was perfect. The small space connecting the main room with the bath room added just enough breathing space for us to not feel crowded in. Plus the garden was just outside our door if we wanted privacy. The only negatives of the room are the a/c blowing directly onto the daybed, and there is no door separating the little "room", so light will shine into the main room.

The house is decorated beautifully. Definitely a period house, but with touches that make it fresh. Our bathroom was spacious and looked like it had been updated fairly recently. There was some mold on the caulk in the shower, but I imagine that is just life in a place like New Orleans. The room was very clean.

Jill is a very visible hostess. She made sure we were acclimated to the area, so finding restaurants and transportation was easy. She puts out a nice variation of food for breakfast, pastries, fruit, eggs, and once again she went above and beyond by making sure she had gluten-free bread on hand for me. Breakfast starts at 6:00a.m., so you can get an early start to the day, though the day we went at 6:00, not all the food was ready for the table. Once breakfast is set, she comes to the table for conversation.

The neighborhood is great. It's quiet but a three minute walk to life on Magazine Street. It felt very safe.

I highly recommend The Chimes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have already recommended chimes b and b to my friend who will travel to new Orleans next year. gill made us feel welcome from the first email contact we made and she made our stay there amazing.
the rooms and the courtyard are just beautiful and the area was very close to transport which made exploring new Orleans easy.
everyone should make this place their home in new Orleans - thanks gill

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for staying at the Chimes with your lovely daughter and giving us a hearty "thumbs up"!!
Hope to see you again one day, maybe in Australia.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I could not have chosen a better 'home away from home' while in New Orleans.
Jill and Charles are welcoming and friendly. Jill's knowledge of the local area, restaurants, attractions etc was extremely helpful.

The rooms are lovely and the breakfasts are great - not only because of the wonderful food - but because of the interesting conversations with fellow guests. The location is excellent only a few blocks from the trolley car on St. Charles Avenue in one direction and Magazine Street, a lovely restaurant/gallery area, a few blocks in the other direction.

The courtyard is a lovely place to relax with a glass of wine. Little extras such as the guests fridge (based on an honesty system) and the restaurant guides in each room which contain Jill''s recommendations on local restaurants make The Chimes a hidden gem in New Orleans.

Definitely one of the best B&B's anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
nolarain, Owner at Chimes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you so much for appreciating our City and the Chimes. I'll be in your territory soon!!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We just returned from our first stay at the Chimes. Our room had just been renovated and was quite beautiful and very comfortable. Jill was a wonderful host and so knowledgeable on all aspects of New Orleans, her advice and recommendations were spot on! We flew in to town and did not rent a car. The trolley was just a few blocks from the Chimes and was great for getting around town, we did use taxi's a couple of times for some late evenings. It was so nice to be able to come back to such a quiet neighborhood after being downtown! There are several great restaurants within walking distance. Really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting such a nice review of the Chimes. We, too, enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We just finished our third stay at The Chimes and each stay has been better than the next. In fact, we are bringing our two kids back in November for a fourth visit. It's great for a romantic visit, or for a family.

We love the location, love the rooms (which were nice before, but even better now recently renovated), love the food (bread and pastries from the best bakery in NOLA), and love our hosts.

Jill & Charles are great hosts who are eager to customize your stay to whatever you need/prefer. We look forward to seeing them almost as much as staying at The Chimes.

It's located in the beautiful garden district, close to the street car, or a rental car, or scooter rental (our preference - they're fun). Also close to some amazing places to eat - they'll give you great reccomendations.

Each room is different and has its own unique charm.

Can't reccomend The Chimes enough.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pnz400
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just returned from my second visit to NOLA and once again The Chimes Bed and Breakfast did not disappoint it was lovely, that's two for two on the scorecard.
The breakfast is spot on, offering something for everyone from French pastries, cheeses, granola, fresh fruit, whole grain breads, jams, and even Marmite! Each room has it's own personal touch, the decor is lovely, the bed is very comfortable and the rooms are spotless. Jill suggested a few new restaurants which are within walking distance, Dominiques more of an upscale establishment with white tablecloths,a bit of NY flair and an interesting herb garden to Dat Dog a very creative hot dog venue with a good beer list both on tap and in bottles, both were great. If you're into cycling Mike's Bikes, a bike rental shop is just within a few blocks of the B&B, no need to go into town to rent a cruiser for a few hours. Without hesitation I would highly recommend this property. Jill and Charles are wonderful hosts, the location is perfect, it's quiet, relaxing, and all in all you will not be disappointed. I most certainly would book this property in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple