“I will stay no where else in The City!”

The Frenchmen Hotel
Ranked #45 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Destin, Florida
“I will stay no where else in The City!”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I have made 6 trips to NOLA this year and 5 of them I stayed at The Frenchmen. (I felt like I cheated on them when I stayed at a different hotel with a friend last trip!) I have been for special occasions and weekend getaways, and my sweetie turned me on to this awesome place! The rooms (I've stayed in) with a Q bed are decorated incredibly, with vivid wall colors and interesting wall decor. There is free parking on site (and additional space nearby) that is all locked up at night, a minimalistic breakfast (donuts, fruit, coffee, juice, tea), a pool and hot tub, and a community ice machine, as well as a soda machine.

The only real issue (MINOR!) I've had at this hotel was a slowly processing payment on departure day when I was in a hurry to leave (Murphy's Law!), but I left my card number and they ran it when the system was back up. The only downside to the single Q rooms is there is no mini-frige! So make sure you eat all your delicious food while you're still at the restaurants, because there is no where in the room to keep leftovers cold.

I've stayed for football games (not a terrible walk to the Superdome), the Wine & Food Experience (again, not a terrible walk to anything), the Jazz & Heritage Festival (main location is a bit far, but music clubs in the city within walking distance all have special bands in town for the event), and for trips just to get away from home. I love this city!!!

I've recommended to all my friends to stay at this hotel, and will continue to stay there as long as I go to the city!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We went there on my honeymoon and we both loved the hotel. From the moment we arrived the staff were polite and helpful and we relaxed instantly. The hotel is original, it has character and is ideally placed for everything within the French Qtr (most bars and restaurants being a 10 minute walk). The rooms were clean, well decorated and although the smallest of our honeymoon trip, they fitted in with the feel of the hotel and the city and we had no problems with anything. The breakfast was fine with cereals, toast, cakes, porridge and grits and tea, coffee and OJ and although the small dining area got busy at times it was not a problem and we actually like it as we met a few people and enjoyed chats over breakfast. The pool is small but ideal for an afternoon dip and to relax in the great courtyard. I will go back, we're already talking of saving up to return one day and I will definately stay at The Frenchmen hotel. We were made to feel at home and very relaxed and comfortable. Well done and thanks to the staff. The Deans - UK

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelbugUK-1
alabama
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Eveyone was friendly but Angela went out of her way with every guest to suggest places to visit and eat, to chat, and to make them feel at home. The hotel is charming, comfortable and safe and in walking distance from every thing in the quater. It has a pool, a hot tub and a light breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alabma
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Pros:
The staff was nice, knowledgeable and friendly. If we ever needed anything they were right there to meet our needs.

The building was secure. The main door was always locked from the outside.

Very close to the French Quarter, only a 10 minute walk to Burbon street.

Although the rooms small they had that New Orleans charm.

Cons: The shower was out of hot water and the shower head needed to be replaced. It set us back about an hour but once we notified the staff they were very quick to help and were genuinely concerned.

The parking as terrible. The hotel boasts free parking but what they really mean in a tiny death trap box that fits 6 or 7 cars with nowhere to turn around. It took us about 5 minutes to back out of the lot. There was a pay per day parking lot just around the corner, it was $32 for 2 days, which is reasonable, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Ocean Park, WA
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We had stayed at MANY different hotels in the French Quarter/French Market area but, this time, we found The Frenchmen Hotel. Sweet, beautiful & historical place with red bricked outdoor patio, built-in pool, jacuzzi, and garden area. One block to Riverfront Streetcar, two blocks to French Market. Cafe Tomatillo's at the corner and head northwest on Frenchmen St to find meals from a cultural blend.
The Frenchmen offer great rates and even better ones if you plan to stay a few days. I suggest Room 100--The room was clean and decorated beautifully with a walk-in closet and full bath. Terrific airconditioning and a huge ceiling fan was perfect for the hot weather! The office staff was wonderful--Angela and Kenesha (sorry if spelled it wrong!) are true assets. The room staff were terrific--quickly responsive to our requests and full of smiles and kind, laughing words. Guess you can tell we fell in love with the place! We look forward to calling the Frenchmen Hotel are "home" when we visit next time! Kudos to the Hotel!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trijer2
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 18 June 2009

This is a bed and breakfast hotel, with a pool. The location is very nice, just SW of the French Market, just outside the French Quarter (less than 1/4 block outside).

The room was a little small, but okay. The room and bathroom were somewhat dirty, but the linens were clean. The bed was excellent.

Most of the rooms are centered around a small pool. We stayed for five nights, and people partied in the pool until three o'clock every night except one, so not a lot of sleep to be had. Complaints to the front desk clerk produced no help there, so don't stay here if you would like to have a good nights sleep.

The front desk clerks (24 hr clerk) were very good and helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Central Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We loved staying at the Frenchmen Hotel- it's in the Marigny, adjacent to the French Quarter, so it was away from some of the touristy hustle-bustle of the Quarter (but easily within walking distance). Frenchmen Street has its own scene going on with music and restaurants, antiques and lots of locals. If you love visiting New Orleans but quickly tire of the hand-grenades-and-hurricanes crowd, check out Frenchmen. The rooms at this hotel were clean and attractive, the building had the old-timey New Orleans charm, and there was a lovely courtyard with a pool and a hot tub. Angela at the front desk was super-helpful with directions and recommendations, and the beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in at a hotel!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple