“A Hidden Treasure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The House on Bayou Road
Ranked #95 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Never having stayed at a bed & breakfast before, I really did not know what to expect. I found the House on Bayou Road to be a charming delight. It was like a hidden getaway with a country setting and simple yet elegant accomodations. It was just the break I needed from the norm and the food, staff, and service was excellent. I would definitely stay at The House on my next visit and I am telling everyone I know about my wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MsDickerson

Reviewed 3 July 2010

Even before my vacation Frank, the innkeeper, made me feel welcome. Our first night he gave us a wonderful tour of the beautiful property and dinner recommendations. A nice walk to the French Quarter down historic Esplanade. Really fun cooking classes on site with excellent award winning chefs. I wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel and surrounds are great and the staff even better. Frank, Irma, and Sandy will help you in any way they can. I recommend this wholeheartedly. You will love your stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank frogmath
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This great B&B is cheaper that the Hotels near the French Quarter and more convenient than those also. It is in a quiet area with off street secured parking near enough to the City Park to walk. There is a nice cemetary on the way that is safe enough to tour on your own. Frank is a wealth of information and can make fantastic recommmendations for local recreation or dinners. We would highly recommend this B&B for a stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OCDtraveler
Reviewed 11 April 2010

CHARMING!!!! The rooms are great - clean and comfy beds!!! Not in the best area - bohemian in an area that seems to be going thru gentrification. If walking we tried to get back by nigthfall. The grounds are beautiful....the breakfasts great and SANDY the weekend manager - is sooooo sweet. Walls are a little thin - we heard everything (AND I MEAN EVERYTHING :)) but it is a bed and breakfast, Suppot this place as it is for sale (bank owned) . It is an example of French Colonial- West Indies style built in the 1700s. This cannot be torn down! So someone please buy it :) The kitties are charming - Precious is very sweet.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jtruitt
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I love to stay at B&B's when travelling for business. The chain hotels have gotten so expensive that it is as cheap or more so to stay at a B&B and yu get a feel for the area that you never get in a chain. So when there was a conference in New Orleans, I found a B&B and brought the wole family and my parents for a great family get-together. This was a wonderful place for that. We had a cottage with a poach overlooking the pool and large back yard to ourselves (curious we looked the main house bedrooms, which also were lovely). The food was great -- some of the best I have ever had for breakfast in a B&B. Off-street parking. Kumquat trees along part ofthe porch and they were yummy. My son walked to the French Quarter, (We drove with my folks who are 80+.) But what really shines is the staff. EVERYONE takes pride in their work and it shows and makes a difference. They had plenty of time with us, we stayed for a week.

This B&B is way underated. It has changed ownership which explains why. So if you read older negative reviews -- ignore them. I found it in Select Registry (whose members, by the way, have always been very good if not exquisite like this place). Thanks Frank and everyone else. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Justanother
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Service was good, room was nice and clean. The location is not the best, but felt safe, they have a gated parking lot, that only guests can use. Very friendly place to stay, good breakfast. Plenty of space to walk, and outside seating, porches ect. Frank, who handles everything at the b and b is wonderful- as nice as he can be- will help out of towners as much as he can.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanbr
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Thoughtful and formally polite B&B that does well to transport the guest to a different time in New Orleans. Enchanting surroundings, staff that is warm yet professional and a great location and value that would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple