Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Prytania Park(New Orleans)
View Hotel
Prytania Oaks Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Modern(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
Avenue Plaza Resort(New Orleans)
  • Pool
All reviewsmiss annieb bgarden districtbordello roombanana treessouthern breakfastblack queenfrench quartercharles streetcarevery morningshrimp and gritsbreakfast was amazinghot breakfastthe cottagesthe main housewwii museumstayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We needed a roof over our heads and didn't want to pay a fortune. We were successful at getting a roof over our heads at this B&B. That's about all I can say positive about it. I recommend calling a lot of places, not just relying on online booking tools, and booking well in advance of your planned travel dates. Oh yeah, don't forget to ask for a quote in writing before you give your credit card information. Some owners and managers feel it's okay to charge new, undisclosed fees on top of what was quoted verbally (case in point - Creole Gardens Bed and Breakfest). Also, don't let small problems ruin any bit of your trip! Just have fun!

Maybe knowlege of the pricing will be helpful here too - Our group's 4 night stay totaled approximately $1,200 ($300 per night). For a big city during a busy weekend I guess that's okay, but don't expect high quality services or facilities just because your're paying a lot. That goes for this place for sure and probably other places too.

I love New Orleans and a neighborhood in or near the Garden District is perfect if you want to avoid the busy tourism of the French Quarter. Awesome trip despite various issues with the B&B.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jessica A
creolegardens, Owner at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

We are terribly sorry about your experience and have made some changes based on this. We have asked this guest to contact us directly about her experience and had asked our front desk person helping us during their stay to contact them; apparently they did not do that and we made some staffing changes. The guests were here during Jazzfest and there is always an extra fee for additional people, which is written on the emailed confirmation but we had asked our staff to let them know we'd waive it (the Jazzfest rate was $229 plus tax included full breakfast for 3 people). The side courtyard they overlooked are the addditional historic houses on the side (not a part of the main property) which was badly hit by wind in Katrina. We have a lot of historic building materials and other items for the houses in that side courtyard but we agree we need to find a better place to put them....Thanks for the input...we always appreciate it. Sometimes we get so bogged down with the daily stuff of the past several years that we lose sight of the overall picture!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

My wife and I were fortunate enough to stay at Creol Gardens on the 5th and 6th of may. Our initial decision to stay here was the pet friendly policy, but we were greatly surprised and pleased at how much we enjoyed our stay. We are typically not B&B type of travelers but the individual quarters around the courtyard fit us perfectly. The great proximity to St. Charles ave made trips to the quarter easy as pie and plenty to do and see on St.Charles its self. All and all great stay. If your looking for 5 star property wit 1000 CR sheets this isn't for you. If your looking for an authentic New Orleans experience I don't think you can do better than Creol Gardens.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thanks for your great words! We loved having you and hope you can come back again soon to enjoy our amazing town and our unique inn!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was a great place to stay. I think this will be our new ace in the hole. Breakfast was great and the staff was very helpful!

• Stayed: May 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed our welcoming informality and hospitality and hope to see you all again! And we love that you got to take our bikes out for a ride through the area...its so close to the French Quarter and everything else and with New Orleans being so flat, its a great way to see the town! Come back soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

From the moment I walked in I was welcomed like you want to be at a B&B. The first thing I did was get a bike from the garage and rode all around the Gardens on a beautiful afternoon. The rest of my three night visit (for business) was both relaxing and enjoyable as I mixed business and pleasure. When I needed some recommendations on sites or where to eat, they were happy to oblige, and when I went to a place they were not familiar they asked questions and genuinely wanted my feedback.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Mansion are spacious and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Wow, thanks so much for really enjoying our place and letting us know! Thanks for being part of our always growing Creole Gardens extended family...come back and see us next year!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

What to say, other than my visit there during this year's JazzFest was as wonderful and restful as the many other times I have stayed there in years past. The staff were efficient and helpful with everything. The fine breakfast wasn't whisked away at exactly 10am or whatever time it's supposed to be over, which I loved because I like to catch up on sleep when I'm there and not feel rushed. The coffee was excellent, too. The owners Karen and Steve are two extremely knowledgeable and interesting people, and I enjoy just relaxing and talking with them. The room was delightful, an interior design suggesting that Karen really takes the time to explore Magazine Street's superb antique stores to decorate the rooms with a discerning eye. The courtyard is so relaxing in the morning, the location in the Lower Garden District cannot be beat, and I can't wait to get back there. Thanks for a great stay - again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business