I am from New Orleans and needed to make a quick trip back. Creole Gardens B&B was recommended by a friend in N.O., and it was a good choice. We were a party of 3 adults and stayed in the penthouse which is on the 3rd floor of the main building (the mansion). [Note: there is no elevator and it's a hearty walk up two long flights.] This suite is also the honeymoon suite. The room itself is quite large, with a small screen separating the living/TV/extra beds area from the king bed sleeping area. The king bed is firm but comfortable. There is a comfortable sofa and several chairs in the living area, with a large coffee table. The extra bed is a trundle that could sleep 2 adults. There is a small kitchen with small fridge/freezer, microwave and a sink. However, there are only a few dishes and no dish soap so plan on using disposables. The TV worked well and had basic cable but no premium channels. Wifi was strong but I had to restart a couple of times to get back on. There is also an ethernet plug and the office will provide a cord if you don't have one. There were plenty of electrical outlets. The bathroom is large with a claw-footed tub and a separate shower. Very good hot water supply but takes a while to heat up. The soap bars are fairly small and only shampoo is supplied - no conditioner so bring your own. No problem with getting clean linens from maid service daily. Both the main room and bathroom were clean. Because of the age of the house there is no central a/c, but the rooms have window units which kept the room very cool (it was unseasonably warm for October). They do make a white noise sound which I actually like as it helps me sleep. There is a small balcony with 2 plastic adirondack type chairs; the area is covered with black asphalt which will rub off on your feet so wear shoes. Smoking is allowed in this area. The balcony also has stairs leading down to the courtyard (again, a good walk down a few flights). As others have said, breakfast is outstanding, with a daily menu and table service. In addition, there is a self service table with bagels, yogurt, cereal, fruit, coffee and juice. The staff is super friendly and helpful, we had no problems at all. The neighborhood is so-so, fine during the day but would not walk alone after dark. There is street parking as well as a parking lot on the same block, which is free and there was always an open space when we were there Thurs - Sunday. The location is great for getting to all parts of the city, very near the interstate and streetcar line. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lower Garden District, this property features 24 rooms in several 1840's historic mansions and converted servants quarters, centered around a lush, tropical courtyard and fountain. The Creole Gardens is one block from St. Charles streetcar and Mardi Gras parade routes, minutes from the French Quarter, Magazine Street and the Convention Center. All rooms open to outdoor areas, for that true Nawlins lifestyle. FREE Hot Southern Breakfast served daily. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans