Okay, first things first. The pluses:
1. The location of this place is excellent, the last stop on the St. Charles streetcar line before the construction. So this was nice because everyone had to get off at Melponene and we could walk from that stop to the B&B while others had to wait for the bus.
2. There are several really good restaurants within walking distance. Emeril Delmonico is within walking distance, see my review of it. There is a vegan cafe "Seed" catty corner to this B&B. We are not vegans but if you are then this would be a good location for you. There is a Popeyes and Wendy's for fast food. There is an Irish pub real close as well.
3. Walmart is around 1 mile away. We needed some supplies for Jazz Fest and that came in handy. The Walmart has plenty of parking and is brand new.
4. The breakfast is delicious. The first day was grits, fried eggs, and bacon. The grits were delicious, the eggs cooked perfectly, and the bacon very crisp. The second day, even though we were late, the cook heated up some sausage and creole potatoes for us. Very nice since we were 15 minutes late for breakfast.
5. Again, we were 15 minutes late for checkout after a late night on the town and the B&B obliged. Very good service.
6. Free parking. That is very nice in a city where parking is usually $30/day.
1. Cost. With tax the room was $282 per night ($259 before taxes I believe) during Jazz Fest. That is costly, even during Jazz Fest. There would be cheaper rooms in the city, but figuring $30/day parking and $20 breakfast min for 2 people, the rate would have to be at least $50/day cheaper to justify and there weren't many hotels for $209/night during Jazz Fest.
2. Bed. The bed was very wobbly. When getting intimate with my wife, I felt like it was going to fall down. Come on, this is a B&B, you should expect couples will want to get the action going so put some sturdy beds in there. By the way, this was Cottage #1.
3. Exterior. Quite simply, the B&B needs a paint job. If they had a paint job it would haved received 5 stars from me.
4. No pool or fitness facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lower Garden District, this property features 24 rooms in several 1840's historic mansions and converted servants quarters, centered around a lush, tropical courtyard and fountain. The Creole Gardens is one block from St. Charles streetcar and Mardi Gras parade routes, minutes from the French Quarter, Magazine Street and the Convention Center. All rooms open to outdoor areas, for that true Nawlins lifestyle. FREE Hot Southern Breakfast served daily. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans