“Great shop! ”

Boutique du Vampyre
Ranked #2 of 227 Shopping in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The place where vampire's shop. The boutique features items crafted by local artists. Some of the items include stained glass bats and gargoyles, gothic jewelry, hats, capes and costumes created by our seemstress Lady Angelic, and our famous fortune candles that we have to select for each customer. Visiting the boutique is an experience you will never forget. We like to keep our customers for eternity.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great shop! ”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Very awesome little store. The owner is super nice and goes out of her way to make sure that you will have a great time in the city. We got a special candle that she makes that contains charms. She even hand picks each one for who you are getting it for. Overall it was a great place and I'm glad we stopped.

Ireland
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Feels like the real deal”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stumbled across this fabulous store on one of our many evenings wandering the beautiful city streets of NOLA. I had previously visited reverend zombies house of voodoo and what a chain store that is compared to here. The intimate setting and interesting goods in every corner had me hooked. If I didn't have a luggage weight restriction I would have bought so much more! I bought 2 worry dolls for my daughters while expensive at $30 each they are locally made and come packed in a little coffin for safe keeping!!
I really wanted to buy one of the glass bats (as seen in Fantasia bar in True Blood) and I'm sorry now that I didn't but if I ever go back.....the shop owner was very informative and her calm manner made the shopping experience really relaxed. Give all the other "fake" voodoo shops a miss and put boutique de vampyre on your list.

Visited April 2014
“The REAL DEAL in the Vieux Carre'”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Don't waste your time or money on any of those other wanna-be 'authentic' voodoo spiritual shoppes in the Quarter. Owner, Marita is fourth-generation-born into her craft and is the best of the best. She welcomed me into her shoppe with light and love and immediately sensed what I needed. Whether your shopping for juju, jewelry, candles or spiritual advice, she offers heart-felt, personal guidance sans the "smoke and mirrors". I have claimed her as my new spiritual adviser and look forward to many future meetings.

Visited August 2014
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“New Orleans Must”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Awesome shop!! Magnificent owner!! Marita the owner is an angel. She is so knowledgeable about all the cool, fun places in New Orleans. I was traveling with an injured husband and ended up wandering around alone. So glad I went into her shop. She gave me a map of places to visit in The French Quarter and every recommendation was amazing. All the items in her shop are made by local artists/craftsman and they are very unique and something you will not find anywhere else. Have her recommend a book by a local author (I now have 2 new authors that are awesome.) Also, get Marita to make you a candle. This was my 11th visit to the Crescent City and she will now be my first stop every trip back. Do not leave New Orleans before stopping here.

Visited July 2014
Allen, Texas
“Very cool shop”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This very cool little shop is full of unusual finds. I dare you to go in and walk out empty handed. It is also the perfect place for that souvenir you will cherish.