“Recent visit to New Orleans”

Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #84 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Recent visit to New Orleans”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I checked in on Mem Day 2014 about 6 pm. I expected to be greeted by a bellman, but there was no one on duty. Jontierre, at the front desk had to bring the luggage to the room and there was a lot of luggage. The room was very nice and clean, but the elevator was lackluster. It was close enough to the French Quarters, Riverwalk and Harrah's for walking, and that was nice.

Jontierre was amazingly nice and knowlegeable. When I'm there next time I hope to see her!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and the room was fine...no problem.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Check in was disorganized and not adequately staffed. There is only one elevator for 12 floors so imagine how long you must wait. And while laying in our bed saw a huge cockroach run across the wall. Value surely doesn't mean cleanliness should be forgotten. Ick!

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank frog4967
Manny S, General Manager at Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I am deeply sorry about your check in experience. We did recently have one of our staff members finish college and move on to peruse their carrier. We already have a new addition completing training and we apologize for the short staffing over the last weekend. As far as the roach, people may not believe me, but I can honestly say this is the second time I have heard of one in the last two years. It has been raining for almost three weeks straight so I imagine it made it inside. Needless to say I am sorry these things happened during your stay. Please contact me at msingh@nolahotelgroup.com so we may have the chance to show you the exemplary service and accommodations we know we can provide.
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent front desk sevice, by the desk clerk Mr.Elias. very professional service, recommend this hotel out of many hotels I've said at due to awesome customer service. I recommend this hotel if you plan on having a stress free vacation or business trip. The food is one of a kind and bar has all neworleans famous mixed drinks witch is rare.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard J
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about Elias and our hotel. We strive on southern hospitality and of course you can’t beat the amazing food and drinks as well. Thanks again for recommending us!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After my train arrived late in to New Orleans, and I was tired and a bit disoriented, it was a real joy to have Jon-Tierre at the front desk point me in the right direction towards a place to grab a quick bite to eat. She and the other staff also went out of their way to help make sure that my two different reservations were merged in to one- so that I didn't have to change rooms, even over the memorial day weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank erikshpeley
Thank you for your kind comments. It is always nice to hear great feedback regarding our staff. It warms my heart every time I read a great staff review. Thank you again!
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for luxury accommodations and top notch service this is NOT the place for you. If the location and price weren't great I wouldn't have stayed here. If you are in New Orleans for a quick weekend party then go for it! I was there with my daughters (2 & 10), the hotel was not what I expected as far as quality. The hotel is in need of some TLC and minor repairs. The bonus was it's location. We found pleasure in riding the street car which passed directly in front of the hotel. College kids and weekend warriors give it a spin but don't get comfortable

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank EdLoBa78
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our serves to provide and exceptional experience for our guests. With the slow summer season we have several small projects taking place that will conclude and finalize the details of our ongoing two year renovation. We hope you give us a second try in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Coming in to New Orleans was a little tricky, but your staff were able to steer us right to the drive in. The gracious lady on the phone was Joni Tierre. She was also very helpful with holding our luggage until the room was ready so that we could sight see and get a bite to eat. I hope that upper management realizes what a great asset she is to your organization. Excellent Service!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We absolutely love our staff. Each and every one of them try to go above and beyond to make sure all of our guests are happy and comfortable. Jon’Tierre is definitely one of our shining stars. Thank you for mentioning her and we’ll see you soon!
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location right next to Lafayette Square. The night we checked in there was a Jazz concert that was great. The hotel was better than I expected for the price. rooms was on the average size but very clean and feel put together. I would stay here again thats for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
I am very pleased you were able to experience the free concert in Lafayette Square next door. One of the great things about our hotel is the fact we have a park, and lots of trees surrounding us right in the middle of downtown. On Wednesday’s the Young Leadership Council provides free concerts for 12 weeks during the spring in the park next door. As well, Second Harvest Food Bank does the same for 12 weeks in the fall. Of course all the amazing restaurants this city has to offer host food tents during this event as well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon!