“Sarah C.and girls"Excellent and Unforgetable"”

Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #74 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My three teenage girls and I went to New Orleans for the first time, June 9 thru 1, 2014. We had and excellent time the moment we entered the hotel. Friendly and courteous staff made us feel welcome and comfortable. The staff was also very helpful with hotel special perks and near by attractions. The hotel rooms were clean, comfortable beds and well stocked with several amenities. We arrived after a long walking at the zoo and it was great when the front desk clerk let us know the hotel has refreshments ready from 4:30 to 6:30. The food was great and wonderful peanut butter cookies. My girls and I had an excellent time and would do it again. The parking service was great also for a piece of mind, because we wanted to walk or use the streetcars to get around.

Room Tip: We had a room over looking Layette Square and a great view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah C
There are newer reviews for Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I checked in on Mem Day 2014 about 6 pm. I expected to be greeted by a bellman, but there was no one on duty. Jontierre, at the front desk had to bring the luggage to the room and there was a lot of luggage. The room was very nice and clean, but the elevator was lackluster. It was close enough to the French Quarters, Riverwalk and Harrah's for walking, and that was nice.

Jontierre was amazingly nice and knowlegeable. When I'm there next time I hope to see her!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and the room was fine...no problem.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Check in was disorganized and not adequately staffed. There is only one elevator for 12 floors so imagine how long you must wait. And while laying in our bed saw a huge cockroach run across the wall. Value surely doesn't mean cleanliness should be forgotten. Ick!

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank frog4967
Manny S, General Manager at Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I am deeply sorry about your check in experience. We did recently have one of our staff members finish college and move on to peruse their carrier. We already have a new addition completing training and we apologize for the short staffing over the last weekend. As far as the roach, people may not believe me, but I can honestly say this is the second time I have heard of one in the last two years. It has been raining for almost three weeks straight so I imagine it made it inside. Needless to say I am sorry these things happened during your stay. Please contact me at msingh@nolahotelgroup.com so we may have the chance to show you the exemplary service and accommodations we know we can provide.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent front desk sevice, by the desk clerk Mr.Elias. very professional service, recommend this hotel out of many hotels I've said at due to awesome customer service. I recommend this hotel if you plan on having a stress free vacation or business trip. The food is one of a kind and bar has all neworleans famous mixed drinks witch is rare.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard J

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about Elias and our hotel. We strive on southern hospitality and of course you can’t beat the amazing food and drinks as well. Thanks again for recommending us!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

After my train arrived late in to New Orleans, and I was tired and a bit disoriented, it was a real joy to have Jon-Tierre at the front desk point me in the right direction towards a place to grab a quick bite to eat. She and the other staff also went out of their way to help make sure that my two different reservations were merged in to one- so that I didn't have to change rooms, even over the memorial day weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank erikshpeley

Thank you for your kind comments. It is always nice to hear great feedback regarding our staff. It warms my heart every time I read a great staff review. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for luxury accommodations and top notch service this is NOT the place for you. If the location and price weren't great I wouldn't have stayed here. If you are in New Orleans for a quick weekend party then go for it! I was there with my daughters (2 & 10), the hotel was not what I expected as far as quality. The hotel is in need of some TLC and minor repairs. The bonus was it's location. We found pleasure in riding the street car which passed directly in front of the hotel. College kids and weekend warriors give it a spin but don't get comfortable

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank EdLoBa78

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our serves to provide and exceptional experience for our guests. With the slow summer season we have several small projects taking place that will conclude and finalize the details of our ongoing two year renovation. We hope you give us a second try in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Coming in to New Orleans was a little tricky, but your staff were able to steer us right to the drive in. The gracious lady on the phone was Joni Tierre. She was also very helpful with holding our luggage until the room was ready so that we could sight see and get a bite to eat. I hope that upper management realizes what a great asset she is to your organization. Excellent Service!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We absolutely love our staff. Each and every one of them try to go above and beyond to make sure all of our guests are happy and comfortable. Jon’Tierre is definitely one of our shining stars. Thank you for mentioning her and we’ll see you soon!