Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #28 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Wien
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Just a Short visit at nola. Hotel was just Perfect for that. Nice situated, close to Bourbon street. Nice and helpful stuff at reception, nice room, Good breakfast. Good Velvet Parking

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mona-Anna
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to New Orleans.....even if it was short! :-) I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! Glad you had a nice stay! Visit us again soon...

Tricia Vise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Convenient location to French quarter. Easy walk to bourbon street and restaurants and CVs pharmacy. Met expectations of a Hampton hotel. Nice hot breakfast. Even received free water and Snickers in the room. Comfy beds and pillows.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank OmahaNETraveller
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 13 July 2012
I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to New Orleans. Hopefully you can come back and visit us once our renovations are complete.

Take care!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

One short block from Canal St. and the French Quarter this hotel is a real find. It is in an old building that has been renovated into a hotel. Good breakfast and manager reception. I really enjoyed my stay there. Excellent location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike60984
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you visited New Orleans! I appreciate that you took the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business and hope you visit us again soon!

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is one of my favorite places to stay in New Orleans. I love the character of the old building and the large windows and rooms. It is very easy to walk to Canal and Bourbon Streets and is convenient to many other businesses and restaurants. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful with suggestions on places to visits and good places to eat. One of which is Daisy Duke's--across the street and down about a block from the hotel. I have eaten there a few times and it has been good every time. If you go, ask for a corner room, if available, as these rooms are even bigger with lots of windows. The hotel is attached to a food court with a few little places that are quick and easy to pop into for a simple meal during the day. All in all, a good place to stay while in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Carmen724
I am so excited that this is one of your favorite places to stay when you visit New Orleans! We appreciate your business! Perhaps by the next time you visit, we will have completed renovations as we are converting to a Hampton Inn & Suites! We will have suites in addition to rooms, so you will have to request one of those. I will definitely pass along the kudos to the staff for a job well-done! We hope to see you again soon!

Uk
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a USA road trip. Unfortunately when we were there, there were works going on outside the hotel, to the exterior/front. This meant that the hotel signage and front were completely obscured. There was no signage showing that it was a hotel so we actually drove round the one way streets a few times before realising it was the hotel. It was a shame that they didn't even put any temporary signage up to alert guests that they were at the right place.

The location was good, on the edge of the French Quarter just a couple of blocks from a main street with lots of shops and stores. It was also ideally located for walking into the heart of the French Quarter, such as Bourbon Street (horrible tacky place) and Frenchman Street (great live music and restaurants).

The hotel room was nice but rather small. We had three people and had expected two double beds but there was just one, so we had to get a rollaway bed added and there wasn't a lot of room. The free breakfast was however fantastic - a great spread of lots of different types of food and juices, teas, coffee etc. We were very impressed with the breakfast.

The front desk staff were very helpful and even gave us some restaurant recommendations. Overall this is a really nice hotel, good location and good service, great breakfast just a shame that we could not find it because of the lack of signage!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay and that the location was convenient for you! We’re about your troubles with finding the hotel, we should have a more prominent display of our location while we’re renovating. If you travel again to our area, we hope we have the opportunity to show you our improvements.
Sydney
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This hotel is situated in a very convenient spot, very close to Bourbon street, Canal Street and downtown. The old building is very charming and the staff quite good. However the room that I was allocated was very dark, I had to have the lights on at all hours of the day. The room windows open into a blank wall only a few feet away, looking at a blank wall is not my kind of entertainment. Luckily the menswear shop near the lobby of the hotel was on sale and I picked up a nice linen jacket at a bargain price, consolation I guess!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you check in.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BParrot
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 5 July 2012
I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to New Orleans! I know you have many hotels to choose from. I am glad that you liked the location and that you were able to pick up a great jacket at Jos A Banks. I love bargains too! I understand that you were in one of the rooms that is across the alley from the building next to us. Unfortunately one side of teh building is right next to the next building, and it does prevent much natural light from coming in. In the future, if you choose to stay with us again, if you book a King Standard or a Single, those are going to be on that side of the building. If you book a King Deluxe, King Study or a Double Queen room, those are located on the other 3 sides. Hopefully you decide to visit us again soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My wife and I stayed there 8 nights for leisure trip. We booked that hotel because it had good reviews and good ratings on Trip Advisor.

First, the cons:

- On our 8 nights stay, 2 days they didn't clean our room. It was not bad since we had enough towels and supplies and we don't mind if our bed is not done.

- I had problem with my safe, so I had to call the desk twice on 2 different days, but they came within 10 minutes and fixed it, even once at 10h30 PM after a night on Bourbon.

- There is a laundry service ($$) but there was no laundrymat, something that could be very interesting to add.

Now the pros:

- This hotel is ideal for his location. It is one corner from Bourbon Street. The St.Charles streetcar passes right in front, every 5-10 minutes and streetcar on Canal St. is a corner away. There is a mini-mart right next to it if you need some munchies (fridge and microwave in the room) and is also attached to a little mall and offices with a good selection of restaurant in the food court for lunch. At the same time, it is perfect on Carondelet, because when you want to sleep, you get away from the noisy Bourbon St.

- This hotel is easy to reserve and you can also have a valet parking included in your stay so it is less costly if you reserve at the same time.

- Wireless internet and breakfast is included. Internet was simple to set up and breakfast is one of the best buffet-style selection I have even seen in a hotel. It has almost everything you can have for breakfast: skillets, cereals, fruits, pastries, yogurt, oatmeal, omelet, sausages, waffles you can make yourself, juices, coffees, teas, etc, etc. Very impressed by the complimentary breakfast.

- Large rooms since the hotel was the first skyscraper builted in New Orleans, so high ceilings and a lot of space in the room (desk, sofa, etc.).

- Ice and vending machine on each level.

- The day we left, checkout was at 11h, but our flight was only at 5h, so they held our luggage safely so we were able to go enjoy a little bit more before returning. When it was time to leave, one of the valet whistled a taxi that was ready to pick up right away.

Overall, a very good value considering the location, the service and the price we paid. Would certainly recommend and return on our next trip to Nawlins!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 999Vince
Greetings from New Orleans! Thank you so much for staying with us during your stay in New Orleans! I cannot apologize enough about housekeeping not getting to your room twice and the safe issues you had. I am going to look into that and figure out why that happened. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I do have to agree with you in regards to our location. I think it is perfect also! It is so refreshing to see the nice comments you posted about us on Trip Advisor. I know it takes time out of your busy day to do that, and I can't thank you enough!

Hopefully we will see you again in the future!

Take care,