Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #28 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Destin, Florida
“GREAT HOTEL!”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I live in Destin, Fl & travel to New Orleans frequently. I have stayed at many of the hotels in New Orleans. I must say this hampton inn is our FAVORITE! Never even heard a peep from the construction. Every staff member we come in contact with is extremely polite. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are huge & very clean. The breakfast is a wonderful bonus! The valet staff is always nice & speedy! Keep up the good work! We look forward to many more stays!

Room Tip: have never had a bad view. of course we love the NOLA views! It is a nice change from Destin
2 Thank tanya c
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 13 August 2012
It's funny that you live in Destin and travel here, and I live in NOLA and travel to Destin! I love Destin just about as much as you love NOLA. I'm so happy that you choose to stay with us when you come visit the city! It is so nice to hear that the construction is not an inconvenience for you; I always worry about that! Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate it! Hopefully we will see you again very soon!
Tricia Vise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed one night and am so glad I did. My room was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The hotel is very close to the French Quarter; so I walked to Bourbon Street, Cafe du Monde, Riverwalk and Canal Street. The front desk people were so friendly, professional and helpful. The manager's reception presentation was very good, and there were various breakfast items. I am so glad I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ronilynn777
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 7 August 2012
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for staying with us during yur visit to New Orleans! I'm so glad you liked the hotel, location and staff! Please come back and see us once our renovations are complete; we are so excited! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to rate us on Trip Advisor!
Take care,
Toledo Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

We spent only one night but the location was just a short walk to shopping and Bourbon street. We usually stay at Hampton Inns because of their cleanliness and wonderful bedding. This one although old was very clean and the room large. The staff was phenomenal. The valet service was extremely helpful And polite! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank kacohio
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us when you visited New Orleans! I really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor! I know you mentioned the hotel is old, but clean....I have to agree with you. I know you had to have noticed that we are currently under renovation; perhaps when we finish you can come back and visit!
Take care,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My husband and I decided to take our twins to NOLA to celebrate their 21st birthday. This hotel did not disappoint. After doing some research there aren't many hotels that offer 2 queens beds. This was a must since I was essentially rooming with 4 men and we did not want to have the added expense of 2 rooms. Issac at the front desk greeted us with a smile. His infectious enthusiasm and professionalism was great. We arrived early and our room was not ready however Issac took care of us by offering a place to freshen up and change as well as quickly arranging to have our luggage stored. He quickly offered suggestions on where to eat, where to go as well as where to avoid. The hotel is a very short walk ( 2 short blocks) to Bourbon Street. Being on Cardonelet street was central, we walked everywhere, from the Riverwalk all the way to the French Market. Our room was very spacious with 2 queen beds. We definitely had enough room for 4 adults. Although the hotel is currently undergoing renovations, there was very little disruption to us. Other than the occasional construction worker in the hall or the faint smell of paint we barely noticed. The free breakfast is fantastic. They had many options including waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage as well as fruit, yogurt and oatmeal. Definitely a great way to save money, well worth it. The only negative I can say is while our room was clean I did have to call down to the desk everyday because housekeeping always forgot something whether it was enough towels (3 towels for 4 people) or no toilet paper. Once I called they always came up quickly with the forgotten items, but still how do you forget to replace the toilet paper. Maybe housekeeping needs a checklist for each room so they can review it before the finish cleaning. All in all I would absolutely recommend this hotel for the price, location and breakfast. We would stay again!

1 Thank lorrainecaraccio5
I am so pleased to hear that the construction barely disrupted you guys! I have been so worried about that, and it's such wonderful news to know that's going as planned. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while you all celebrated their 21st birthday! I am going to speak with my Executive Housekeeper regarding the replenishment of items in guest rooms. I am with you....not real sure why they wouldn't replace toilet paper. This is why I appreciate people either completing surveys Hilton sends out or reviewing me on Trip Advisor...I get great feedback! Thanks again, and I hope you come back and visit us again real soon!

Wien
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Just a Short visit at nola. Hotel was just Perfect for that. Nice situated, close to Bourbon street. Nice and helpful stuff at reception, nice room, Good breakfast. Good Velvet Parking

2 Thank Mona-Anna
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to New Orleans.....even if it was short! :-) I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! Glad you had a nice stay! Visit us again soon...

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Convenient location to French quarter. Easy walk to bourbon street and restaurants and CVs pharmacy. Met expectations of a Hampton hotel. Nice hot breakfast. Even received free water and Snickers in the room. Comfy beds and pillows.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank OmahaNETraveller
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 13 July 2012
I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to New Orleans. Hopefully you can come back and visit us once our renovations are complete.

Take care!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

One short block from Canal St. and the French Quarter this hotel is a real find. It is in an old building that has been renovated into a hotel. Good breakfast and manager reception. I really enjoyed my stay there. Excellent location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike60984
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you visited New Orleans! I appreciate that you took the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business and hope you visit us again soon!