“Great value, great location, great service.”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #27 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great value, great location, great service.”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

There was no down side to our stay here. The room cost less then $100 (with a AAA discount), it was in walking distance to the French Quarter, but not IN the Quarter, which is nice, the room was clean and the saff was all so attentive and nice. And the breakfast was awesome. Waffles, omlettes, juice, fruit, oatmeal, etc. A great location for a family visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank N0str0m0
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us when you visited New Orleans. It is really nice to hear that your stay was great and that you like the location. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Hope to see you soon,
Tricia Vise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Southport
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed for just one night, to show a UK friend some of the sights of New Orleans. Good location, rooms are spacious with all the usual comforts we have become accustomed to in Hampton Inns, bathrooms could do with a little updating but that is the only negative. The staff are wonderful - helpful, friendly and polite - special mention to Brian who helped us with our luggage! Hotel is situated at the edge of the French Quarter, walking distance to all attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to New Orleans. It's too bad you didn't get to stay in one of the renovated bathrooms. We are currently renovating the bathrooms and should be complete by the end of the year. Next year we are renovating the guest rooms, so you will have to come back and visit! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor; I really appreciate it!
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I live in Destin, Fl & travel to New Orleans frequently. I have stayed at many of the hotels in New Orleans. I must say this hampton inn is our FAVORITE! Never even heard a peep from the construction. Every staff member we come in contact with is extremely polite. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are huge & very clean. The breakfast is a wonderful bonus! The valet staff is always nice & speedy! Keep up the good work! We look forward to many more stays!

Room Tip: have never had a bad view. of course we love the NOLA views! It is a nice change from Destin
2 Thank tanya c
It's funny that you live in Destin and travel here, and I live in NOLA and travel to Destin! I love Destin just about as much as you love NOLA. I'm so happy that you choose to stay with us when you come visit the city! It is so nice to hear that the construction is not an inconvenience for you; I always worry about that! Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate it! Hopefully we will see you again very soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed one night and am so glad I did. My room was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The hotel is very close to the French Quarter; so I walked to Bourbon Street, Cafe du Monde, Riverwalk and Canal Street. The front desk people were so friendly, professional and helpful. The manager's reception presentation was very good, and there were various breakfast items. I am so glad I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ronilynn777
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 7 August 2012
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for staying with us during yur visit to New Orleans! I'm so glad you liked the hotel, location and staff! Please come back and see us once our renovations are complete; we are so excited! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to rate us on Trip Advisor!
Take care,
Toledo Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

We spent only one night but the location was just a short walk to shopping and Bourbon street. We usually stay at Hampton Inns because of their cleanliness and wonderful bedding. This one although old was very clean and the room large. The staff was phenomenal. The valet service was extremely helpful And polite! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank kacohio
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us when you visited New Orleans! I really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor! I know you mentioned the hotel is old, but clean....I have to agree with you. I know you had to have noticed that we are currently under renovation; perhaps when we finish you can come back and visit!
Take care,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My husband and I decided to take our twins to NOLA to celebrate their 21st birthday. This hotel did not disappoint. After doing some research there aren't many hotels that offer 2 queens beds. This was a must since I was essentially rooming with 4 men and we did not want to have the added expense of 2 rooms. Issac at the front desk greeted us with a smile. His infectious enthusiasm and professionalism was great. We arrived early and our room was not ready however Issac took care of us by offering a place to freshen up and change as well as quickly arranging to have our luggage stored. He quickly offered suggestions on where to eat, where to go as well as where to avoid. The hotel is a very short walk ( 2 short blocks) to Bourbon Street. Being on Cardonelet street was central, we walked everywhere, from the Riverwalk all the way to the French Market. Our room was very spacious with 2 queen beds. We definitely had enough room for 4 adults. Although the hotel is currently undergoing renovations, there was very little disruption to us. Other than the occasional construction worker in the hall or the faint smell of paint we barely noticed. The free breakfast is fantastic. They had many options including waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage as well as fruit, yogurt and oatmeal. Definitely a great way to save money, well worth it. The only negative I can say is while our room was clean I did have to call down to the desk everyday because housekeeping always forgot something whether it was enough towels (3 towels for 4 people) or no toilet paper. Once I called they always came up quickly with the forgotten items, but still how do you forget to replace the toilet paper. Maybe housekeeping needs a checklist for each room so they can review it before the finish cleaning. All in all I would absolutely recommend this hotel for the price, location and breakfast. We would stay again!

1 Thank lorrainecaraccio5
I am so pleased to hear that the construction barely disrupted you guys! I have been so worried about that, and it's such wonderful news to know that's going as planned. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while you all celebrated their 21st birthday! I am going to speak with my Executive Housekeeper regarding the replenishment of items in guest rooms. I am with you....not real sure why they wouldn't replace toilet paper. This is why I appreciate people either completing surveys Hilton sends out or reviewing me on Trip Advisor...I get great feedback! Thanks again, and I hope you come back and visit us again real soon!

Wien
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Just a Short visit at nola. Hotel was just Perfect for that. Nice situated, close to Bourbon street. Nice and helpful stuff at reception, nice room, Good breakfast. Good Velvet Parking

2 Thank Mona-Anna
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to New Orleans.....even if it was short! :-) I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! Glad you had a nice stay! Visit us again soon...