Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #28 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“my french quarter home”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I lived here for 7 months on business. The staff were very friendly and helpful. A few issues but resolved immediately and I was checked on every week to make sure that everything was going well. Location is the best. I did not need a car. I used the street cars for anything away from the French quarter but I worked a mile and a half from the hotel and the French quarter is 2 blocks to Canal Street. Because it is outside the French Quarter there is a little more quiet. I did stay at other hotels but this suited me perfectly. Nice breakfast and on Wed nites, there was wine and food.
When I was able to tour, the staff gave great directions and steered me towards the best things to do and see. I thank them for a great stay.

Room Tip: When you get off the elevator, I stayed in the rooms to the left as the right side of the hotel was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights for conference and was happy with hotel.

Check in: Fast and easy.

Room: I recommend asking for a room on Gravies St... not on Carondelet St. Mainly because there is a street car that travels down Carondelet... very loud.

Breakfast: Good free breakfast. Clean and always refreshed with items when needed.

Bed: Seemed clean but since I've seen those TV Nightline reports about the unseen disgustingness crawling on hotel sheets, I've conceded that I'll be carrying a handful of microbes back home with me.

Location: Bourbon St is one block away... need I say more.

Overall: For a 3 star hotel, the Hampton Inn successfully tries to make it seem more.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed 29 April 2014

You will be lucky to get anything this cheap so close to the main streets, stumble home from Bourbon St. Hotel clean and rooms a huge, we had free drinks between 5 and 7pm..bonus!

the staff were great and very helpful when asked questions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
East Greenwich, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was travelling for a conference to NOLA and quickly needed a place to stay. Thankfully, this Hampton Inn was able to accommodate me. Due to its proximity to the conference center, my walk to and from the hotel was quick and easy. Not to mention the sites. Following my work day, it was nice to return and relax at this well-kept and inviting hotel. This was my second stay there and I would clearly and without hesitation recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The good:
Early check-in, convenient valet service, we got a free room upgrade and the room was beautiful.

The bad:
-Our check-in/check-out were both good experiences, minus the fact that every time we visited the front desk there was only one representative working. We had to wait several minutes both times.
-No fan in the room restroom.
-We had some issues with our TV cable service, as it would go in and out of service. This was annoying but we never reported it as we weren’t in the room enough, and didn’t really want hotel staff having to come in and fix it.
-We were disappointed that we only got 24 free hours of wi-fi.
-We got a noise complaint called on us by our neighbors, and I was dissatisfied because we weren't very loud. This is a hotel in the French Quarter, so I think it’s to be expected that people will be drinking and might get a little loud, but we weren’t rowdy at all. Obviously the walls were paper thin for our neighbors to have heard us. I was disappointed at the way the hotel handled the noise complaint. I feel that the front desk should have called us first and asked us to quiet down. Instead, they sent some guy up who was extremely rude and told us "if you don't quiet down, we're going to have some serious problems", in a very threatening way. It felt to us like he was a bouncer more than a hotel staff employee. He also said he stood outside of our door for 5 minutes and listened to us, which I felt was a major violation of our privacy. I would have understood sending somebody up after a phone call as a second warning, but it was all handled very unprofessionally. If they would have just given us a simple phone call and asked us to quiet down, we would have done so right away.

Room Tip: We got a junior suite and it was lovely! I requested a room with a nice view and they delivered.
TX
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here and thought it was a wonderful Hotel. It is just steps from the French Quarter. We got the Park and Stay package. If they are offering this, I highly recommend. It took a little while to be able to park in front of the Hotel but Valet immediately came out and got our Vehicle. I hope if you stay here you are lucky enough to get Calvin as your Valet. He is awesome! Hubby and I both left our cell phones in vehicle and he walked with me to get them. I couldn't find mine and it was on silent so he called my phone, had me sit in our vehicle with the doors closed where I could listen. Sure enough, I found it! He recommended places to eat and when we left he came and got all of our stuff. I hope the Hotel knows how good valuable he is. The Hotel is beautiful! Our room was huge. No view but we already knew that. The front desk called our room when we got there to make sure everything was ok and then the day before we left they called again to make sure we had enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was very nice. We did not eat breakfast there. There is a Daisy Dukes Express pretty much right across the street that we ate at. Message me any questions you have! I don't want to take away from the Hotel by talking about other things we did while there. We would definitely stay here again! Thank's Hampton for making our stay great!!!

1 Thank TXKID
Batavia, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This downtown Hampton is a safe/secure hotel within walking distance of everything a tourist would want, without the street noise. The convenient trolley line is just out the door with access to everything from the Quarter to the Garden District. The staff is very accommodating and the rooms are nicely maintained. There's a great breakfast spot directly across the street named Daisy's and they have fine omelettes and a killer "Bloody Mary." Leaving your vehicle parked is a wise choice with so many transportation options available. Highly recommended.

2 Thank DHawk455