“Centrally Located - Very Nice Accommodations”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #28 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 23 June 2014

- Family stayed in adjoining large 2 Queen bed rooms on 11th floor - VERY NICE and Quiet!!! - Bourbon St. - 2 blocks away. - Jackson Square Museums and French Market - 15 min walk. - National WWII Museum - 16 min walk. - ACME Oyster House (a must during stay) - 5 min walk. - Some Bus tours will pick you up at hotel or 15 min walk to tour "station" - Street Car stops out front of Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Surprisingly quiet and clean. A good location and convenient. We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed it. Our only problem was that housekeeping missed us one day - and hotel staff didn't seem too concerned about it at all. Other than that it was very good.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I utilized plenty of Hilton products and this was my first time trying out Hampton Inn. After a long 10 hour late drive, we pulled up and were never greeted by the valet workers. We literally walked up to valet guys so we can get service. I'm not sure if they had a late night or such but it didn't look like they were wanting to assist us. Nevertheless, they took our keys and very slowly gave us our ticket to present to the front desk. Valet prices are too high if we have to assist in the process.

Then as we approached the front desk, there were three reps at the counter helping a family ahead of us. Two of them were checking in the family and the other on the phone. We literally waited 30 minutes before getting assisted. There was confusion with my reservation as we had booked three rooms and it was just so frustrating by this point.

The room we stayed in had a king size bed with a very tiny restroom. The restroom is a little too small if two people need to get ready. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but oh well.

After we checked out, we figured we'll receive better service dealing with the valet guys. Nope!!! Same horrible service.

After the service I received, I found out later that they have a 100% Customer Satisfaction guarantee. I guess I should call back to find out what they can do.

Room Tip: Have lots of patience!!! Good luck getting good service.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jose M
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

First I wanted to thank you for staying with us when you visited New Orleans. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered while you were here. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and I will definitely speak to my Valet Manager and my Front Office Staff regarding these issues. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me directly at the hotel at (504)529-9990.
Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention because without help/suggestions from guests such as yourself, I could never begin to address many situations.
Tricia H. Vise

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Hampton Inn & Suites on Carondolet is conveniently located to fantastic dining and the French Quarter experience. Staff was very good at recommending appropriate, not just popular restaurants. The only drawback is the lack of a pool to resort to after the sensory overload from the Quarter.

2  Thank Dennis G
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Hampton Inn New Orleans French Quarter is the perfect location for downtown business or to enjoy the nightlife of Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. I arrived around 10 am and only asked if i could leave my bags so i could grab a bite to eat but my room was ready and i was allowed to check in early. The front desk was so knowledgeable about the surrounding area and how to get to my locations. My room had a great view of downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter. Very spacious, clean, comfortable, and especially quite hotel for such a busy area of town. The breakfast was good, typical Hampton Inn breakfast fare but the staff at breakfast always greated you with a smile and a cheery good morning. Overall great place from valet to check out and i would recommend to anyone who has business in the downtown NOLA area, great shops, restaturants and Bourbon Street all within a short walk,.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dianne R
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Only a block and a half from Bourbon Street. Nice amenities and big breakfast room and most rooms are very close to elevator. Big TV's and comfy bed with fridge. Room was very small with no dedicated closet. Just a portable closet. Elevator foyers were kind of dingy with the loudest elevator bell I've ever heard! They were very fast and plentiful though. All in all I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: You're going to have to use valet. There's zero parking close by. Convenience store and a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Nice, clean convenient Hampton Inn, near the French Quarter! One of the nicer Hamptons I've stayed at, and they usually have pretty nice rooms! Very quiet! Bed was fantastic, and I slept very well. Within walking distance of my business meeting. Very clean lobby. Very pleasant staff! I'll stay here again next time I'm in the Big Easy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business