“OUTSTANDING Customer Service & Nice Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #27 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“OUTSTANDING Customer Service & Nice Location”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I came for the Essence Festival and the hotel sits in a the perfect location relative to Bourbon St. (Two Blocks), the Super Dome (10-15 minute walk), and the convention center (15-20 minute walk). My room with two queen beds was extremely spacious. The housekeeping staff exceeded my expectations. The free breakfast was very nice. I appreciated the variety including the waffle maker. The real reason for this review is the staff went over & beyond with helping me retrieve my tote bag left behind in a taxi cab. My iPad, concert tickets, and plane ticket was left behind. I panicked. I cried and I was the blame. Of course I couldn't remember the name of the cab company, driver, or cab#. Everyone from the bellman, the front desk, valet parking, and the manager assisted. It was a Team effort. They gathered names & numbers of the area cab companies. We called them looking for my items and had no success. The valet person suggested that I review the camera footage to see if we could at least capture the cab #/company. The manager Jeff & I reviewed the security footage together. To make a long story short while we were reviewing camera footage the cab driver called the hotel to say he had my bag. The staff went out of their way to help me when there was ZERO obligation to do so. I will forever be grateful for their determination to save the day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tamika C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Birmingham UK
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is very good value for money. Because it couldn’t accommodate us for 3 nights, we booked a 3rd night in the Loews and the comparison price wise / value wise was quite incredible!
In this hotel we had free breakfast which although wasn’t one of the best breakfasts we had during our trip was adequate. The hotel should seriously consider dumping the plastic cutlery and plates though as this really lets it down....who can spread butter with a flimsy plastic knife? The cost environmentally of all the associated waste must be phenomenal! That said the bedrooms were good. We booked a corner room (on good advice and it was worth it as there was plenty of space for 4 people) with 2 double beds and they were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small but ok....it’s time to get rid of shower curtains USA!
Free wifi was great and the hotel reception staff were very good. The lifts were absolutely fine during our stay, By the way the cookies on reception were a nice touch, the hotel is well located and near enough to the action but far enough away too. Views aren’t great but we didn’t expect them to be......request a high floor is another useful tip.

Room Tip: corner room, high floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Blerke
Fresno, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room was nice and comfortable. The view was very poor. The elevators had many mechanical issues and didn't not work at all one day during our stay. Fortunately we were out but one couple had to walk down 14 floors because not one of the four elevators would function.

The breakfast buffet was good but the staff was not friendly or accommodating. When asked for syrup, we were told there wasn't anymore but then was told one packet fell out of a box. It appeared that they just did not want to be bothered.

If you want to be thoroughly pampered..this is not the hotel. But if you want a place to sleep close to Bourbon street and the French Quarter, the Hampton Inn is a reasonable option...just be prepared to be walking down the stairs..

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Robin93710
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Location is awesome - just two blocks away from Bourbon Street. Valet parking is standard in that area, unless you want to park your car in a neighborhood garage yourself and walk back. Valet parking charge is less than average in area. Free Wi-Fi and breakfast. High ceilings, rooms are a bit bigger than average Hampton Inn. No bar or restaurant at night (but you are right in the middle of all the action).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stan I
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Literally 2 blocks away from Bourbon street. Parking is valet, just like any other place close or in French Quarter area. But cheaper. Room are bigger than standard with higher ceilings (older building). Breakfast is standard Hampton Inn's. Wi-Fi is free. If I ever come to New Orleans, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robinzon007
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Earl works the breakfast, he was a guy with great attitude and personality.
When we spilt our food he was right there to take care of it, both times.
Hotel is also nice, one of the best breakfasts' I've had at a hotel
Nice room, no pool but good hotel

Stayed July 2014
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I live in Louisiana but haven't been to New Orleans in a long time. We went this past weekend and stayed at this Hampton for the very first time. We were super pleased. We opted to walk everywhere, but there is a trolley stop right in front of the hotel (which I'll certainly make use of next time - especially in these very hot summer months!!) The staff was very friendly and accommodating - I requested a late check out on Sunday because my husband was attending a photography workshop, which had been postponed from Saturday. They were so gracious and granted me a late check out. Our room was very clean and very roomy. We had a king bed with the sofa in it. Even though it is on the fringe of the French Quarter, it was very quiet. It will definitely be our go-to place in New Orleans from now on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple