Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #27 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel had everything we wanted...great location to walk to French Quarter, quiet, nice room, friendly staff, and super large breakfast with everything anyone would ever want. We took advantage of the stay and park special and saved about $10.00. Ask for it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank txphyl
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed during 4th of July 2014 weekend, there was a music conference in town as well that was bumping the price up I'm sure. The hotel was nice and close to French Quarter, but the price was very high for what we received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great location for a stay in Nola. The hotel is connected to a small shopping center and food court which is open during the day for a quick snack. A few blocks from pretty much everything. 10-15 walk to Superdome, 5 minutes to bourbon, 10 minutes to Harrah's and riverfront area.

The room was a decent size with just enough room for a short stay. Hotel has good amenities and the standard quality breakfasts typical at a Hampton. The staff was great and really helpful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Foreman212
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A typical Hampton Inn in a perfect location for the New Orleans tourist.

This Hampton Inn is up that chain's usual standards at its usual mid-level prices. But it has the tremendous bonus of being within two short blocks from the French Quarter. This suited us perfectly since we need our quiet and the French Quarter is notoriously active at all hours.

One of the famous streetcars runs right by the hotel. A short walk from the front door took us to Canal Street. Next door is an office building with a delightfully designed food court on the second floor. We were able to choose from all kinds of foods and eat it on a shaded balcony.

Inside, the hotel is evidently a renovated older building. This meant high ceilings, tall windows, interesting nooks and crannys, and a large and unusually shaped room for us. The 4th floor breakfast room is large and stylish. The exercise room is well-appointed too. Our 3 nights there were pleasantly quiet. No view to speak of since the hotel is surrounded by office towers, but none was expected.

Front desk service was good, as were the doormen. These one needs because curb space is severely limited and parking is elsewhere. Since the hotel is very central tourist and airport buses make stops. A taxi to/from the airport is a reasonable flat rate and the highway is not far away. Such a good location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NW_Raven
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Hampton Inn New Orleans is in a historic building, but has been updated with elegant accommodations. I loved my spacious room and the staff was really nice. I also love the location. Just a walk away from the French Quarter and other fine restaurants and attractions. the old elevators are weird, but you get the hang of them. Adds an old sense of the place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leonard A
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was within walking distance of everything we wanted to visit during our one night stay in New Orleans before our cruise scheduled the next day. We were able to check in early and spend the day exploring the city. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was more spacious than expected. The evening reception was a pleasant and tasty surprise. Breakfast provided several options for the entire family. Although common to every hotel we considered in the area, the relatively high cost of valet parking was the only drawback for staying in the area. But the hotel service and convenience outweighed the expense.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kennedy W
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I came for the Essence Festival and the hotel sits in a the perfect location relative to Bourbon St. (Two Blocks), the Super Dome (10-15 minute walk), and the convention center (15-20 minute walk). My room with two queen beds was extremely spacious. The housekeeping staff exceeded my expectations. The free breakfast was very nice. I appreciated the variety including the waffle maker. The real reason for this review is the staff went over & beyond with helping me retrieve my tote bag left behind in a taxi cab. My iPad, concert tickets, and plane ticket was left behind. I panicked. I cried and I was the blame. Of course I couldn't remember the name of the cab company, driver, or cab#. Everyone from the bellman, the front desk, valet parking, and the manager assisted. It was a Team effort. They gathered names & numbers of the area cab companies. We called them looking for my items and had no success. The valet person suggested that I review the camera footage to see if we could at least capture the cab #/company. The manager Jeff & I reviewed the security footage together. To make a long story short while we were reviewing camera footage the cab driver called the hotel to say he had my bag. The staff went out of their way to help me when there was ZERO obligation to do so. I will forever be grateful for their determination to save the day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends