“My Awesome Trip To Nola”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #27 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Atmore, Alabama
“My Awesome Trip To Nola”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My fiancé had never been to New Orleans before always around it. We had a great room. Hotel staff went way beyond the call of duty. From unloading our luggage in the rain to bringing if to and from the room. Their knowledge of the city as well as transit was so good. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: King Study. Great room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jayski2467

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Sugar Land, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We celebrated our 45 anniversary and the experience with the hotel was extremely good. the room was clean and very nice. Hot breakfast was welcomed but could have been improved. Check in was excellent as was the check out. Hotel was very convenient to the French Quarter.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Not much of a lobby or exterior, but this Hampton Inn is a gem just outside of the French Quarter. Great location with only a short walk to Quarter-area attractions, and you can get anywhere from Canal St. Rooms are renovated and in great shape. Free WiFi. Breakfast was mediocre at best, but the rooms are in superb condition!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed for 5 days at this location and it was great. The streetcar was very convenient and so were the CVS and other stores in less than 2 short blocks. I had an issue with my room and I felt the first manager did not believe me nor did she make me feel that I could come to her with any other issue but LaTrinda saved the day! (I'm sorry about the spelling of your name!) She turned the entire situation around for me and gave me a very satisfactory outcome which included moving me to a new room. In addition to her, Jimmy came up to our room and helped to fix the situation. He was fantastic! I wish he was at every Hilton property I visit. He definitely has a way with people. We had the breakfast almost every morning and it was great. The kids enjoyed it so I have no complaints. Our room was comfortable and roomy. We had a room with 2 queen beds. Most of the staff were very nice. The only issue I had other than with our initial room was on our arrival the bellman met our taxi but did not help with our bags. He just pointed the way towards check-in but I did not hold that against them. I guess that is not part of their job. Overall, it was a nice stay and we moved around New Orleans just fine from our location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie H
Mead, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in the French Quarter of New Orleans for an overnight business trip and would highly recommend it to anyone else. The rooms were extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The Hotel staff were very courteous.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Maryland
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Downtown Hampton Inn, and were very satisfied. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was very large and we had a view of Carondelet St. from our room. Everything was clean and in good working order. It was an easy walk to the French Quarter, the Riverwalk, the SuperDome and the nearest streetcar stop. We would definitely stay again if we travel to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Excellent location. You can walk to the French Quarter, less than five minutes, or catch the cable car close by the hotel. The mini suite that we stayed in was clean, comfortable, and roomy. Of course the breakfast was fabulous and convenient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants comfort, convenient, and a great value. Can't go wrong with the Hilton brand!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family