“Great rooms, great location”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Ranked #27 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great rooms, great location”
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I loved this place! It's in a historic building renovated to be a hotel so the rooms are huge and meticulously appointed. The renovation is fairly recent so it is fresh. The bathroom had a big counter and very bright lights. The bed was very comfortable and nicely decked out in comfy pillows. I was in a corner room that had five windows! It's just a two block walk to Canal Street and the French Quarter so we could walk to many great dinner spots from the hotel. I'm always going to stay here when in NOLA. It was really, really nice. And that's saying something because I've stayed in a zillion hotels.

• Liked — The room was huge and really nicely decorated
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank SheWhoTravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Beaumont
Reviewed 1 December 2008

We needed a hotel room at the last minute, so being a Hilton Honors member, I called the 800 line to find this hotel and book a reservation. No double rooms were available, just a king room/study with a couch/fold-out bed, which was acceptable. When my son went to go to bed, the sheets on the couch were dirty, and there was trash in the bed. It was after midnight, so he ended up sleeping on the couch. The next morning, I informed the front desk, who laughed and told me they would tell housekeeping because that was unacceptable. The room was changed, but the couch was still not cleaned and my son didn't want to sleep on it. Upon packing our items to leave, I discovered a bag of our dirty laundry was missing. I contacted the front desk to see if Housekeeping had picked it up by mistake, thinking it was laundry, and they said they would leave a note for them the following morning. The morning manager had not been appraised of the situation and Housekeeping was unaware of our items, so they are now lost. I called 1-800-Hampton to inform them of our unsatisfactory stay, and was told to wait 72 hours for someone to contact me. I reminded them of the 100% satisfaction guarantee and was again told to wait, and give them 3 days to contact me. I told them there was nothing that could change my opinion of the stay, but was again told to wait 72 hours to let them resolve the matter. I'm not quite sure how this will be "resolved," but I am disappointed that Hampton is not honoring their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Customer Service, Housekeeping and Security
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank PatBeaumont
Snohomish, WA
Reviewed 26 November 2008

My wife and I stayed for five nights. Our room was very large and
quiet. We never heard another guest.. The location is just a couple
blocks from the FQ and right on the streetcar line to the
Garden District. The breakfast bar has a nice variety of items and
is located in a very comfortable setting. All in all, I would not
hesitate to stay at this Hampton Inn again. It is a great value.

• Liked — Great Value
  • Disliked — Unloading area
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 3 November 2008

A friend and I recently stayed here during the Voodoo Experience in City Park. Hotel was clean and quiet. Front desk was very helpful with any request we had. Room had two queen beds and was very spacious. Beds were very comfortable and we both loved the very cozy comforters. Hotel is in a quiet area and is just a short walk to the craziness of Bourbon Street.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
north carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Clean rooms, nice location, good front desk staff. Hispanic Hostess in breakfast area worked very hard to keep breakfast well stocked. Nice stay!

• Liked — Nice location
  • Disliked — Did not have a pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn New Orleans near the French quarter. We were only there for two nights. The hotel was clean, the rates good, the rooms quite large, and the hotel employees were friendly. If I ever have to return to New Orleans, I would recommend the Hampton

• Liked — cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — parking was $27.50 per day
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 15 June 2008

Great hotel, especially for families. The rooms we got had 2 queen size beds in each one. (Not just doubles!). Rooms were large and spacious. Same for bathroom. Beds were comfortable. The hotel has small lobby...but why pay for that! Great location, excellent staff and easy valet parking. Can walk, take trolley or drive to French Quarter. Will stay again on next trip!

• Liked — Large rooms, great value
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family