“50th birthday celebration”
Review of Chateau Hotel

Chateau Hotel
Ranked #113 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location. Close to everything! Great place for groups. We were able to get most of our rooms to open to the pool/courtyard area and was just a great place to socialize before going out.

Room Tip: Rooms that open to pool are nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank E W
cmhnola2001, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

We very much enjoyed hosting your group. So happy to hear you had a good time for the special birthday. We do try to honor guests' requests for location, etc. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Everyone (but one) that worked at the hotel was great! Very personable and attentive. The room was charming and the outside pool wonderful!
The only problem we encountered was the last morning when the young man that brought us breakfast was rude and acted as if he didn't want to work. He told me to "make sure I left the tray out before 11. Don't forget." That mornings breakfast was pretty awful too.
Besides the last morning terrible employee, the place is an ACE for the reasonable price!

Room Tip: We liked having a room with a view of the courtyard.
2  Thank Julia M

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to wrtie a review and even after your troubling incident with an employee, still enjoyed your stay. The employee has been placed on a probationary employment status. We want everyone to feel welcome and at home.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband , 6 yr old son and I found ourselves with an overheated car as soon as we hit the Quarter so we pulled into their hotel parking lot. It was abolutely pouring down rain so I ran into the lobby with the help of one of the many sweet housekeepers and Greg the bellman immediately gave me a dry towel and an umbrella. Dan at the desk set us up with a room and the rest is history. We Absolutely LOVED every bit of our experience at the Chateau. Although I have visited Nola several times in past yrs, it was my hubby's first time and I feel so blessed to have broken down here! The place is full of charm and very very well kept for a 275 yr old property! I have never stayed so close to the action yet felt so far from it in the beautiful courtyard. We met such wonderful fellow travellers and ended up in some lively discussions (Ted and Mack) by the pool for breakfast and before bed. We have found our new home away from home with these wonderful people. And if you read this post Sarah please let Dan and the gang know we are headed back to Iowa and the car is running fine. It was fate, pure and simple. See you next time!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank DonnafromIowa

Love, love your review! I have relayed your messages to everyone and they said to come back and see us soon! Thanks for the great read.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

A very friendly setting with quality staff, a nice pool where you can rest and visit with people from over the USA, also that is where you can enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast with a newspaper! I love the idea that my car is parked a half block from the entry so that you can check on it. A best is the location, a few blocks from the Square, less than two blocks from the Mississippi River. The rooms are not large, however it is clean with antique furnishing, and if your not near the pool, quiet. When price is compared, this is the best deal in New Orlean's Quarter! Very near quality resturants, VERY SAFE AREA.

Room Tip: For a better rest select a room not close to pool, party lasted near mid-night, and I had to leave e...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

We appreciate your continued patronage of the Chateau Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Something tells me we will be seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

The Chateau Hotel is where we got married. After looking at EVERY quaint hotel in the French Quarter, we knew immediately that The Chateau was our special place. The staff, especially Sarah, was and continues to be awesome! We often return for weekend getaways and to see our Chateau "family" even though we live less than an hour away. This hotel is not 5 star; however, it is quaint and nice settled in a great location to everywhere one would want to venture out to in the Quarter. Parking is convenient and affordable....hard to find in the Quarter. We would not think about staying anywhere else! We have made great memories here and will continue to do so in the future....a little hint....check out the suite across the street from the main hotel....super nice!

Jack and Laura - Mandeville, LA

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Love the picture Jack and Laura! Thanks for reviewing us. You two are just such a ball of happiness, we love to see you. Thanks for sharing us with your friends and see you soon-Superbowl???

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I liked the courtyard with the pool and that some of the rooms opened to this area. We were in a party of 15 couples so that part was good, but our room in particular was down a hallway on the first floor. The part I did not like was that the rooms were HOT!! I was never cool the entire time we were there. We asked for a fan, some of our friends got them, but we were told they did not have any left. It would be a better place to stay when the weather is cooler since the air does not work well. The rooms were not as clean as I would like either, and everything was really old. The carpet was worn out. A reno in much needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

We enjoyed very much having your group celebrate with us. I apologize you were too hot while visiting. Unfortunately, we did run out of fans during your groups' stay. It was a very humid weekend.

The carpets were scheduled to be replaced, however when they were being milled, there was a flaw in the carpet. Hopefully, we will have our custom milled carpet installed by mid-Sept.

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I stayed July 19 - July 24 and our only complaint is the shower water pressure is sadly lacking. Everything else was great! The staff is very friendly and accommodating (thanks again to Sarah for printing my last minute tour reservation for me). The room was clean, slightly outdated however, there were workers on the premises making repairs and updates (very polite, quiet workers). I found the people of New Orleans in general, to be very friendly and never lacking in manners. It was a great change of pace from life in Chicago.The Chateau Hotel is a perfect starting point to a magical vacation. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank NicLikoudis
cmhnola2001, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

You are welcome! Yes, New Orleans is a world away from Chicago it seems sometimes.

Come back and see us soon!

Thank you for reviewing the Chateau Hotel.