Chateau Hotel
Hotel Royal(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Cornstalk Hotel(New Orleans)
View Hotel
Inn on Ursulines(New Orleans)
Soniat House(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
Place d'Armes Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,022 results
All reviewsgreat locationfrench quarterjackson squarecontinental breakfastbourbon streetbeautiful courtyardtwo blockswalking distance to everythingrooms are smallbalcony roommardi grascharmchartresnoladecaturquartersvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night and it's been a wonderful experience. We'll definitely stay here on our next visit and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NOLA. It's such a fantastic location and all the staff were amazing and helpful. Definitely 5 star worthy.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I'm so happy to hear that you and your friend had a wonderful stay with us! You have no idea how much it means to us that we had the chance to earn your 5-star review. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip through NOLA.

Till then,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a hotel I would Love to Love!

After 2 stays, 1 year apart we are just in like!!! Don't get me wrong the heavy petting makes me want to return again next year, and The Chateau has so much going for it. why wouldn't I be in Like!

The Location itself makes me Swoon! and The uber handsome courtyard is so well groomed and looked after that it's a real beauty and certainly this is The Chateau's finest feature. This is the one feature that should make you forget the rooms are not that big. The courtyard is that extension of your rooms! Plenty of tables chairs and pool lounges to give everyone a space to spread out to relax, and for groups and friends to convene, if you are quiet and in control they might even let you swim late into the night.

The rooms themselves have always been found clean and charming and I have been in many of them since we travel in groups to NOLA. I have a few favorites, I especially liked my last room by the office on the courtyard, it was a tad larger and with the desk in the window it let me keep tabs on our group, and provided that meeting spot where most days and nights got started. The big ones on the 3rd floor are so romantic, and the balcony rooms over St Phillip are very cool.

Service here is pretty good but not that perfect 10. The Maids are sweet and efficient, although the front desk can be salty, but efficient. Room service is always pleasant, and if you need a little extra attention ask for Sarah. She is a very hands on and present owner that wants all her guests to enjoy there stay.

Is the Chateau That perfect 10? HECK NO!!! are the tubs small Heck Yes but who wants to pay for that!!! If you do... stop reading and call The Roosevelt! but what you do get is a very charming Hotel with a hard working crew, that has great rooms and even better amenities like free breakfast delivered to your room at the time ordered, free Wi fi, Salt water swimming pool, an inn keeper that's present, and one of the best locations in The Veuix Carrie.

Book and stay here UNLESS your expectations include perfection! I grow tired of that perfect lover, it's just too much. They are expensive and often aloof with no personal connection. The best advice I can give you is realize what you are in for, affordable, old "in a charming charismatic way", well cared for compound, charming small rooms in most cases, and a front desk staff that works hard around the clock. We have to except all great loves and their flaws Right?!? Date The Chateau and you might just have a great night! treat it well and enjoy the encounter! I would guess you cant wait for the next time to meet! like me.

Buono Serra me amore NOLA, until we meet again I kiss you good night.

Room Tip: Make reservations for restaurants in The French Quarter, they are needed for the good ones at prime hours.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jim V

It's so great to hear your compliments, Jim! You have no idea how much it means to us that we can keep you coming back for more. Thanks for the very thorough review here on TripAdvisor. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and thought the Chateau Hotel would be just the right place to stay. We booked the hotel through booking.com. A few days before we arrived, my husband called the front desk and told them that we were celebrating this special occasion, and asked if we could have one of the more romantic rooms. The lady said she would take care of us. Well...
We arrived around 1:30 p.m., and were taken to a nice building across the street from the main building. We were on the second floor, room 54. Let me just say this. Room 54 should be discounted. It was a decent size room, with two queen beds, exposed brick, nice marble bathroom with a good shower, and very clean. However, it was a dark room, with one window overlooking the parking lot, which was not exactly the romantic room we had in mind. The television was so small we could hardly see it from the bed. If watching sports, you could not see the score, and it was not a flat screen, but the old kind.
My husband asked the front desk if we could be moved, but he was told to check back the next day. Since we had called ahead of time, we were disappointed that we could not be accommodated as requested. We did not want to have to pack up the next day to move (if a room even became available). We were spending four nights. One quarter of our stay was already in a room we were not exactly thrilled with. Should we have moved if something became available the next day? Probably. But we didn't.
I believe we had the worst room of all. So much for calling ahead. We had the opportunity to see the suite next to us and it was absolutely gorgeous. While this was a suite, I imagine that the other queen rooms were all very nice and much better than room 54, although I did not see any other rooms personally, except in the brochure and online.
OK, that disappointment aside, I want to focus on the positives.
The cleaning and service staff were very accommodating and helpful. A couple of times we decided not to have the room cleaned, since we had plenty of towels, etc. We put the do not disturb sign on our door and were not bothered. But, each time we did that, we were brought clean towels, shampoo, etc. in a bag which was left by our door. How nice! The provided breakfast, while basic, was a nice touch, and we enjoyed that. The people who brought the breakfast to our room were very friendly. The beds were extremely comfortable. Our building was nice, with an Autumn wreath on the front door, very homey. We felt safe and enjoyed the location. There was a small fridge (in the closet) which came in handy.
I would recommend this hotel, just not room 54. It's not an awful room by any means, but not the romantic room we had envisioned and requested.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

As you can imagine, I'm very excited to hear that you celebrated your anniversary with us, but disappointed that room 154 was not to your liking. We're always willing to move a guest, if we have availability. You arrived over a terribly busy weekend and I personally moved you into 154 because of its large bathroom and private location. Unfortunately, I'm sorry that we could not move you immediately during your stay. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your anniversary in New Orleans.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay. We were there four nights. The location was excellent, being close to everything we wanted to do. We really liked the courtyard at the hotel. It was good for breakfast and for gathering in the early evening before going to a restaurant. Our room only had a shower in the bathroom; kinda wish we had a tub. But for only 4 nights it was okay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wonderful location, great courtyard, tasty breakfast — that's what we're going for, so it's great to hear that you think we're doing a good job, Darrell! Thanks for the excellent feedback here on TripAdvisor. Next time you're in town, give us a call!

Cheers,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Loved the location in the French Qtr (the quieter side!). We had two different rooms during their stay. The first night we had a room in the main building, had a balcony (a bit rickety, did not spend time out there!). Outside lights shined in your face while in bed from both windows, impossible to block. We stayed in this room on a Sat eve, very noisy outside all hours of the night. Room not well insulated. Second room we stayed in for two nights was across the way in another building The Chateau owns. Much quieter, more updated room. Nice bathroom. Pool in courtyard is small but the area is very quaint. I would stay here over a Hilton, Marriott, etc to get the real feel of NOLA. Have been to the city 8 times and this made us feel the most at home (after having stayed at several other large, more expensive hotels). No casino, no restaurant, no fancy main lobby, but it's the real NOLA deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're all about providing our customers with a true New Orleans experience, Cathy! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks so much for the support! I hope you'll come back and stay with us again on your next trip to The Big Easy!

Cheers,