“Exactly what I wanted!”

Ranked #115 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Windsor, Canada
“Exactly what I wanted!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

For a first timer to NOLA, I wanted the "old world" experience with "new world" amenities. The Chateau Hotel had exactly what I wanted. I giggled when I walked into the room when I saw the beautiful king size bed linens to the pictures on the wall and the french area carpet. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom was so big we could have had a dance in it. Everything worked great. It was wonderful to open the french doors and take 2 steps to the courtyard cafe set when a lovely young lady brought us a tray of Coffee, Juice, English Muffins with Jam, and fruit. You just have to fill out the order and stick it on you door the night before and voila - breaky in the courtyard. The courtyard was relaxing and the gentle breeze was refreshing. We were 2 short blocks to the French Market and 2 blocks to Bourbon Street. Perfect location. If you show your CAA/AAA card when you check in you will get free valet parking - saving you $20 per night. The valet gentleman was professional and courteous. The ambiance and staff made for a wonderful trip and the price was right!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Great ambiance and a comfortable amenities? Sounds like a successful stay to us! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments here on TripAdvisor. Next time you want to visit New Orleans, give us a call!

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel location was great. Cleanliness was average at best. my shoes were sticking to the floor when I walked. The toilet was barely anchored down and very wobbly. My key barely worked in the lock. Conversly, the staff was great. They were very helpful and courteous to make our stay enjoyable in that aspect. It is still a great location to stay in. Would probably ask for a balcony room next time to make sure the toilet would be anchored. Not my first choice of hotel, but at the rate they charge, it is what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a Balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I'm glad that you loved our location and staff, but disappointed to hear that you thought our facilities could be cleaner, Mark. We're always looking to improve, so I take your feedback here on TripAdvisor very seriously. Thank you for the review and I hope you'll stay with us on your next trip to NOLA.

Cheers,
Pearl River, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our room was across the street from the main building with a door that opened to the street. Very close to Bourbon and centrally located to the entire quarter. Room was nice. Would recommend .
Would be great for the French Quarter Festival for its location alone. Very reasonable pricing. Located corner of St. Philip and Chartres Streets.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
It's great to hear that you loved our location, but I'm a bit confused by your rating, Stephen. I get the impression that you enjoyed your stay, but why only 3-stars? If you have any feedback on what we could do to improve, please let me know. Thanks for the review and I hope you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans.

Stayton
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed two nights, and the staff was great ( the bellman / valet ) good location, the rate was ok, but this place needs a good cleaning . Both the rooms and the courtyard need to be attended to. They do have valet parking and breakfast delivered to the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Great location, southern hospitality, convenient parking — that's what we're all about, so it's great to hear that you think we're hitting our mark. I take customer feedback very seriously, so I definitely plan on having our courtyard deep cleaned more often. Thanks for the review and I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to NOLA.

vins100
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went there (4 adults and 2 children) for one night in October.
The staff at the desk was absolutely unpleasant (the ones in the evening but the ones in the morning too). The groom was crumpled and flabby in a chair, not eager to help nor to discuss or even to smile.
The corridors were dirty. There were ashtrays with old cigarettes ends and some black plastic garbage bags in the corridors (same shape the day after ... nobody for cleaning them).
The rooms were dirty. We had a drop of blood (?) on one of the bedlinen. the bathroom in one of the rooms was in a very bad shape.
It was noisy.
The breakfast was one of the worse we ever ate.
And despite of all of this, the price was high!!
I don't recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank vins100
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
The last thing we want to hear is that you weren't satisfied with your accommodations and our staff's service! As a historic hotel, our walls are on the thin side and sometimes the vibrant late night activity of the Quarter can tend to keep our guests up. I hope this wasn't the case during your visit.

As you can imagine, I take allegations of unclean rooms very seriously. When did you stay with us? I would love to check through our records to see which members of our housekeeping staff were working. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to New Orleans.

Travellers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night and it's been a wonderful experience. We'll definitely stay here on our next visit and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NOLA. It's such a fantastic location and all the staff were amazing and helpful. Definitely 5 star worthy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I'm so happy to hear that you and your friend had a wonderful stay with us! You have no idea how much it means to us that we had the chance to earn your 5-star review. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip through NOLA.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a hotel I would Love to Love!

After 2 stays, 1 year apart we are just in like!!! Don't get me wrong the heavy petting makes me want to return again next year, and The Chateau has so much going for it. why wouldn't I be in Like!

The Location itself makes me Swoon! and The uber handsome courtyard is so well groomed and looked after that it's a real beauty and certainly this is The Chateau's finest feature. This is the one feature that should make you forget the rooms are not that big. The courtyard is that extension of your rooms! Plenty of tables chairs and pool lounges to give everyone a space to spread out to relax, and for groups and friends to convene, if you are quiet and in control they might even let you swim late into the night.

The rooms themselves have always been found clean and charming and I have been in many of them since we travel in groups to NOLA. I have a few favorites, I especially liked my last room by the office on the courtyard, it was a tad larger and with the desk in the window it let me keep tabs on our group, and provided that meeting spot where most days and nights got started. The big ones on the 3rd floor are so romantic, and the balcony rooms over St Phillip are very cool.

Service here is pretty good but not that perfect 10. The Maids are sweet and efficient, although the front desk can be salty, but efficient. Room service is always pleasant, and if you need a little extra attention ask for Sarah. She is a very hands on and present owner that wants all her guests to enjoy there stay.

Is the Chateau That perfect 10? HECK NO!!! are the tubs small Heck Yes but who wants to pay for that!!! If you do... stop reading and call The Roosevelt! but what you do get is a very charming Hotel with a hard working crew, that has great rooms and even better amenities like free breakfast delivered to your room at the time ordered, free Wi fi, Salt water swimming pool, an inn keeper that's present, and one of the best locations in The Veuix Carrie.

Book and stay here UNLESS your expectations include perfection! I grow tired of that perfect lover, it's just too much. They are expensive and often aloof with no personal connection. The best advice I can give you is realize what you are in for, affordable, old "in a charming charismatic way", well cared for compound, charming small rooms in most cases, and a front desk staff that works hard around the clock. We have to except all great loves and their flaws Right?!? Date The Chateau and you might just have a great night! treat it well and enjoy the encounter! I would guess you cant wait for the next time to meet! like me.

Buono Serra me amore NOLA, until we meet again I kiss you good night.

Room Tip: Make reservations for restaurants in The French Quarter, they are needed for the good ones at prime...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank Jim V
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
It's so great to hear your compliments, Jim! You have no idea how much it means to us that we can keep you coming back for more. Thanks for the very thorough review here on TripAdvisor. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,