“Always a pleasure to stay here.”
Review of Chateau Hotel

Chateau Hotel
Ranked #108 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This really is in the best section of the Quarter, away from the noise of Bourbon Street and the upper Quarter. This is where the locals live, shop, drink and play, and the locals are the best thing about New Orleans. I love ot. Chateau Hotel is always accommodating and friendly--and never over - priced. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

It's wonderful to hear that you loved our location in the quarter! We truly are in one of the best spots to experience NOLA. It means so much to me that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you'll visit us again soon.

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Chateau Hotel

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I had a lovely 2 night stay at Chateau Hotel. We were looking for a ''typical New Orleans feel'', with the courtyard, exposed brick, fountains etc., that was walking distance to all the French Quarter attractions, and this was just perfect. The price was right too. Our room was very comfortable and clean, and had all of the amenities we needed. Staff and service were all prompt, friendly and helpful. Pool is beautiful, and I like the fact that the gates are closed and locked at night. We will stay there again if we're ever back in New Orleans. :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It's so great to hear that we could give you a truly authentic New Orleans experience! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. What was the most memorable place you visited while you were staying with us? I appreciate the feedback and hope you visit us again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

For a first timer to NOLA, I wanted the "old world" experience with "new world" amenities. The Chateau Hotel had exactly what I wanted. I giggled when I walked into the room when I saw the beautiful king size bed linens to the pictures on the wall and the french area carpet. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom was so big we could have had a dance in it. Everything worked great. It was wonderful to open the french doors and take 2 steps to the courtyard cafe set when a lovely young lady brought us a tray of Coffee, Juice, English Muffins with Jam, and fruit. You just have to fill out the order and stick it on you door the night before and voila - breaky in the courtyard. The courtyard was relaxing and the gentle breeze was refreshing. We were 2 short blocks to the French Market and 2 blocks to Bourbon Street. Perfect location. If you show your CAA/AAA card when you check in you will get free valet parking - saving you $20 per night. The valet gentleman was professional and courteous. The ambiance and staff made for a wonderful trip and the price was right!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great ambiance and a comfortable amenities? Sounds like a successful stay to us! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments here on TripAdvisor. Next time you want to visit New Orleans, give us a call!

Till then,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel location was great. Cleanliness was average at best. my shoes were sticking to the floor when I walked. The toilet was barely anchored down and very wobbly. My key barely worked in the lock. Conversly, the staff was great. They were very helpful and courteous to make our stay enjoyable in that aspect. It is still a great location to stay in. Would probably ask for a balcony room next time to make sure the toilet would be anchored. Not my first choice of hotel, but at the rate they charge, it is what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a Balcony
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm glad that you loved our location and staff, but disappointed to hear that you thought our facilities could be cleaner, Mark. We're always looking to improve, so I take your feedback here on TripAdvisor very seriously. Thank you for the review and I hope you'll stay with us on your next trip to NOLA.

Cheers,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our room was across the street from the main building with a door that opened to the street. Very close to Bourbon and centrally located to the entire quarter. Room was nice. Would recommend .
Would be great for the French Quarter Festival for its location alone. Very reasonable pricing. Located corner of St. Philip and Chartres Streets.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It's great to hear that you loved our location, but I'm a bit confused by your rating, Stephen. I get the impression that you enjoyed your stay, but why only 3-stars? If you have any feedback on what we could do to improve, please let me know. Thanks for the review and I hope you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed two nights, and the staff was great ( the bellman / valet ) good location, the rate was ok, but this place needs a good cleaning . Both the rooms and the courtyard need to be attended to. They do have valet parking and breakfast delivered to the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Great location, southern hospitality, convenient parking — that's what we're all about, so it's great to hear that you think we're hitting our mark. I take customer feedback very seriously, so I definitely plan on having our courtyard deep cleaned more often. Thanks for the review and I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to NOLA.

Till then,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went there (4 adults and 2 children) for one night in October.
The staff at the desk was absolutely unpleasant (the ones in the evening but the ones in the morning too). The groom was crumpled and flabby in a chair, not eager to help nor to discuss or even to smile.
The corridors were dirty. There were ashtrays with old cigarettes ends and some black plastic garbage bags in the corridors (same shape the day after ... nobody for cleaning them).
The rooms were dirty. We had a drop of blood (?) on one of the bedlinen. the bathroom in one of the rooms was in a very bad shape.
It was noisy.
The breakfast was one of the worse we ever ate.
And despite of all of this, the price was high!!
I don't recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank vins100

The last thing we want to hear is that you weren't satisfied with your accommodations and our staff's service! As a historic hotel, our walls are on the thin side and sometimes the vibrant late night activity of the Quarter can tend to keep our guests up. I hope this wasn't the case during your visit.

As you can imagine, I take allegations of unclean rooms very seriously. When did you stay with us? I would love to check through our records to see which members of our housekeeping staff were working. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to New Orleans.