“My new 1st choice hotel in NOLA”

Avenue Plaza Resort
Ranked #70 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The Wyndham Avenue Plaza is conveniently located and easy to find if driving from the airport. The Garden District is a beautiful area to take a walk and enjoy the beautiful homes and gardens of this neighborhood. The trolley to the FQ stops in front of the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. Rae was the overnight front desk worker and she patiently helped me log onto to their WiFi when I had problems. (Hint: ask for the pass key when you check in but also ask for the name of their connection as it wasn't the one that seemed obvious based on names.). My friend and I stayed in a 1-bedroom. The separate bedroom had a comfy bed and was quiet. The living area was huge and felt homey. The sofa bed was ok but the mattress was a bit thin. Folks who are picky might not sleep well on it but I did fine. We had to ask for pillows for the sleeper as there weren't extras in the room but these were delivered promptly. I have learned to travel with an extension cord and outlet expander because most older hotels lack adequate bedside outlets for laptops + cell phones and was glad I had them with me. The only outlet near the sofa was behind it and in the middle. I only noticed this after pulling the bed out and it was too heavy for me to move. The furniture provided was nice. The TV was older but I don't watch TV so it didn't bother me. The carpet was a bit aged but did not seem dirty. The bathroom was small and lacked counter space but the shower was huge and always had hot water and great water pressure. The outdoor courtyard was fabulous and was what drew me to book here. I also appreciated being able to print my boarding passes for free in the business center. My only complaint was the long waits for the valet to bring my car. The valets were working their hardest but there simply weren't enough of them. After a very long wait one night, the next night a valet named Shawn went out of his way to apologize to me which was very thoughtful. I will happily book here again for my annual trek to NOLA!

• Stayed: November 2010
Thank drkatel .

Reviewed 18 October 2010

We just returned from a great vacation in New Orleans.

Avenue Plaza is conveniently located right on the Streetcar line so not having a car was not an issue. The one bedroom apartment we booked was spacious and equiped. The bathroom was tiny but the big living room and bedroom made up for it.
What a nice staff they have! Everyone we met was friendly and helpful.
Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro a few doors down was a good place to eat close by though our server Chris was just awful and the temperature was set on FREEZING!
Lots of great shopping and eateries close by within walking district in the Garden district.
We will deffinatly stay here again

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank M02Phoenix
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Avenue Plaza Resort. We found the accommodations comfortable, the decor beautiful (newly done) and the convenience to the St. Charles streetcar was perfect to connect with downtown NOLA and the French Quarter. Your staff was very personable; however one concierge did send us to a restaurant that was closed on Sunday, and we had to ask for a coffeemaker. We would suggest hanging an additional mirror in the area off the bathroom and perhaps a loveseat, as there is plenty of space in the room to add additional seating.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ktkk57
Reviewed 3 October 2010

The whole experience was so enjoyable.....this was our first trip to New Orleans and we are novice travelers. The staff was ever so polite and helpful. We felt very comfortable; like being at home. Just that Southern hospitality we all know and love.

IF there was a suggestion to make it would be that there was someone to suggest places to go and things to see. I know that there were numerous guide brochures but I would have appreciated a more personal touch. We saw some vacationers with a yellow ticket that had JAZZY on it. Curious about that. We did see the Garden District and the French Quarter by way of trolley, we walked a bit on Bourbon St. and visited the WWII museum. I now know to double check tour times! We missed out on those. I didn't find out about Jackson Square until we were ready to leave. And this was a 2 day trip, so there wasn't time for a great deal. We hope to return and I will know to ask.

All in all, it was a good trip and when I return, I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 21 September 2010

It is not what I expected, it is just a comfortable place but not fancy or out of ordinary.
The first room was not really great, carpets and walls seems old. I otice the place are need more cleaning, hallways, elevator and walls.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Stayed here Aug 27 - Aug 30, 2010. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Streetcar access was right across the street - direct to Bourbon Street & downtown. Stayed in a studio room, which was spacious. Bathroom could have been a little larger. Rooms appeared to have been recently remodeled. Flat Screen TV. Restaurants, grocery store & drugstore within walking distance. Valet parking, but car delivery was fast. Rooms were quiet and they did not hound you to death about listening to a timeshare presentation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The people were very kind and friendly. Everyone would give you directions to fantastic places to eat and would tell you the best places to go to keep cool while visiting. The French Quarter and the Garden District have cute shops for antiques and art. The warehouse district has alot of great murals all around the area. Staying at the Avenue Plaza was perfect to go to Bourbon St. on the trolley. No need to drive because the trolley runs til 4:00 a.m yea !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple