Avenue Plaza Resort
US$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

US$155
US$147
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

US$414
US$389
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$147
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
US$332
US$302
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$216
US$207
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
DruryHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

All reviewstime sharegarden districtashley housewyndham ownerstrolley stop cafetimeshare presentationstudio roomwyndham resorttimeshare salesmini kitchenstove topwashers and dryersrooftop deckday passfrench quarterpots and panspool and hot tub
Reviewed 26 February 2011

The location of Avenue Plaza was very good. The streetcar ran directly across from the hotel, though the schedule was not reliable. The unit we were in was recently renovated and nice. Small kitchenette area with a stove top cooking area and microwave. Kitchen and bathroom had granite countertops. Bed very comfortable. Bedroom on the small side with no closet but there was a small closet upon entering the unit. Staff was extremely pleasant always offering a greeting and a "Welcome Back" when we returned from a day out. Guest services staff helped with suggestions. We were concerned over the notices stating renovations taking place but we did not experience any noise. Took a great Garden District/Cemetery walking tour, which we met in front of the book shop located in "The Rink" bldg. Our guide Dave was wonderful and informative. It was only $20. For eating out near the hotel, Cheesecake Bistro was only a block away and offered a nice meal at an average price. For breakfast the Trolley Diner has a 2 eggs, 2 strips bacon & small grits for only $2.99 between 6:30 - 8:30 a.m. each day. I would recommend Avenue Plaza for it's comfortable accomodations, nice staff and good location.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank LuckyL
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed with 7 other people for 4 days in feb.2011. The place is very beautiful and above the Sheraton etc. The bellman unloaded all my luggage with no hesitation, 12 bags, and brought to our room. The room, 1 bedroom, was excellent. Kitchen and bathroom in granite, decorated very nicely. Lots of room even wtih 4 of us in each room The view from the room, 12 floor, was great, showed all the city. The free internet room was better than pictured. The Manager and all the staff were very helpful and very nice with smiles on there faces. I would stay at this place again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We are four seniors (65-70-71-80) and both rooms were rated #2 (terrible). We've been to a great number of hotels and resorts. Only good thing is the street car location stops.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank fourseniors
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We are Wyndham owners Avenue Plaza continues their standard of providing clean nice place with a Friendly and Helpful staff.. We were in a 1 BR suite on the 12th floor with wonderful view could see the ships. Accomodations well equipped, clean and comfortable, we used their large gym. St Charles Trolley Streetcar stop across from resort nice 15-20 min ride to Canal and Bourbon. If a senior over 65 only costs $.40 must show ID. Valet parking about $11 perday. Neighborhood in lovely Garden district with old homes. Williams market next door even has great homemade Spaghetti and Meatball dinner for 2 for $5.99 to go. Free tour of haunted historic Ashley House daily at 4 pm. We look forward to returning again. Easy 15 min and safe walk to wonderul Jackson Restaurant and Blue Plate Cafe see seperate reviews.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichDar
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I stayed in the Avenue Plaza for a week on a recent trip while my husband stayed at a church a few blocks away with a team of college Katrina volunteers. From the exterior, the hotel is clearly an older facility that from the interior has been rehabilitated and brought into the 21st century.

My room was delightful-- a fully-equipped kitchen with a two burner stove, dishwasher, a small standard sized fridge and granite counter tops; a king sized comfortable bed with great linens, an outstanding view of the city, and an in-room safe. The only negative about it was that there was a beautiful, large tumbled limestone shower with a rain head and hand shower as well, but no tub. (It was way too cold to use the heated pool and hot tub outside.)

I should mention that there is no daily cleaning of the room (since it is a time share hotel), and that towels are not replaced by housekeeping, except on the weekends. Rather, the guest can exchange towels daily on the first floor if s/he wants to. I did take advantage of this ability, and saw the entrance to the spa and gym on that floor, which both looked great, but I didn't use them. The prices on the spa treatments seemed high to me, but I'm not from a city, so I really am not familiar with these types of costs in an urban area.

As far as the common areas of the hotel, they were uniformly beautiful. Here the only negative was that the elevators didn't appear to have been renovated as yet; maintenance staff were working on one of them during the week I was there, however. I took advantage of the complimentary washers and dryers once during my stay, and the complimentary coffee and lemonade / iced tea daily. I wish I could have spent more time on the roof top deck, but again, the weather didn't cooperate. I used the free in-room wifi (with a connection of good to very good) daily.

The hotel is located adjacent to the gorgeous garden district and directly across from a street car stop on St. Charles Street, which made going into the French Quarter a $1.25,10 minute delightful ride away. There are any number of restaurants within walking distance in the neighborhood, as a well as a Walgreen's that has a more-than-expected food selection so I could take advantage of the kitchen in my studio apartment. There is also a small market a few steps away from the hotel, but I didn't have occasion to use it and a tourist bureau across the street, which I did go to.

The staff of the hotel, from the concierge to the bellman to the desk clerks to the housekeeping and maintenance personnel were friendly and helpful. They were not only willing to answer my questions and give me advice when I asked, they were also interested in my volunteering, the reason for my being in the city.

I had a AAA price for this hotel, which was a wonderful value. The only issue I had was that the entire 8 night stay (with tax $794) was charged to my credit card as soon as I made the reservation-- three months prior to my stay. I travel extensively, and I am used to being billed at most the fee for one night for a confirmed reservation, with the remainder collection at the time of the visit. I'm not sure why Wyndham billed this way, unless it was due the the hotel's being a time share facility, but it was a bit annoying and unexpected.

All in all, this hotel exceeded my expectations. At the price I paid, I would definitely recommend it to a friend (in fact, I already have), and I would certainly stay there again should the occasion arise. No question in my mind about the 5 star rating.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo