“Sully Sensation”

Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed with Nancy, Guy and Gracie for 4 nights at the beginning of our 3 week stay and returned for the last 3. We had a wonderful stay. Nancy and Guy and Gracie were delightful hosts and we appreciated their friendly hospitality, advise and guidance during our stay. Breakfast was delightful each morning, sitting out in the garden with Gracie providing early morning entertainment or equally as pleasant sitting in the grand dining room. Our rooms were very comfortable,superbly clean and maintained by Elizabeth while we were there, and had the best sleeps in those very comfy beds! I loved the art displayed on the walls and loved the fact that Nancy and Guy do this to support local artists. The location of Sully Mansion is superb and too easy for transport to get where ever you want to go. Great cafes and restaurants in walking distance. I do wish Nancy had not told us about District on Magazine - as it became our daily stop over and we had to face the difficult decision of which delicious donut to have with a late morning coffee each day!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Sully Mansion, at the beginning of our 4 week trip to the south east. When we checked in, Guy gave us lots of information about the city, and checked us in early. We had a smaller room toward the back. The mansion was decorated and furnished beautifully, and we heard the story of the rejuvenation from Guy. Breakfast was called "continental" but there were hot items offered each morning. The room was well stocked with everything we needed and the location was ideal. We loved walking around town and looking at the historic homes, and we were very close to public transportation. Loved getting my "fur fix" from Gracie as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adiannaber
Reviewed 7 May 2014

For people like my husband and I who missed our dogs while on vacation, Gracie, the Sully Mansion's friendly pooch, can give you your much needed doggy tummy rubbing time. As for the mansion itself, it is lovely, in a great location in the heart of the Garden District, and many choices in comfortable outside spaces.

We were in Room 4, plenty large, nicely appointed, and clean. All the little touches are included. My only complaint (and it is my only complaint) is that the air conditioning unit was noisy. In order to watch TV, we had to turn the volume up and down and the AC turned on and off. One of our friends had Room 1 and we got to look into Room 2 while it was getting cleaned and both those rooms are big and fabulous too.

You get a full breakfast and Nancy is a good cook. My favorite was her blueberry pancakes. We were told that a hot dish was only served on the weekend, but we still got homemade items on the weekdays, just not hot, but still good.

All-in-all, a real find!

Room Tip: One of the famous cemeteries is only a couple of blocks from the B&B. Also within easy walking d...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scriptspring
innkeeper2631, Owner at Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

We wanted to write on behalf of Gracie our dog who appreciated all the attention this guest and her other friends showed her during their stay. We are so glad they enjoyed themselves and wished we would have known about the AC sooner so we could have tried to fix it during their stay. Now that we are alerted rest assured that room 4 (also know as the Prytania ) AC will be attended to and nice and quiet so one can either watch TV or listen for the clang of the streetcar one block from the inn..

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I just spent 2 nights and had a wonderful experience. The hosts, Nancy and Guy, are such nice people. The mansion is beautiful and a work of art in itself. Our continental breakfast was delicious. Our room was clean,very comfortable and just lovely. We would definitely stay here again. Gracie the dog is also the perfect hostess and door greeter.
Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago during the French Quarter Festival, and we had a WONDERFUL experience. The Inn was beautiful and clean - right in the center of the Garden District. It epitomized many of the wonderful homes in the area. The rooms were spacious and decorated in good taste. The inn keepers were knowledgeable about the area and gave us great tips. They obviously feel very comfortable with strangers going in and out of their home, and made sure we had all we needed to be comfortable and feel welcomed. Their homemade breakfasts were outstanding (w/freshly caught trout and grits one morning for example). We also enjoyed the company of their dog Gracie who was extremely well behaved and friendly (mostly on the front porch). We arrived very late because our plane was delayed and they were sure to make proper arrangements for us to get into the house. The location is ideal - walking distance from the street car one way and Magazine St. the other way which has great shops and restaurants.We parked our rental car (which we really didn't need)right in front of the B+B and never had a problem. I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently stayed at this B&B with a friend and have to say it was my best B&B experience. The hosts were friendly and offered great tips of places to see in the city, it was in a great location, the breakfast was always a delight and the room we stayed in was beautiful. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I recently stayed in New Orleans at the Sully Mansion B & B, located on beautiful Prytania Street in the Lower Garden District--or it could be the Garden District. The rooms were furnished very nicely and are large from my experience. The sitting rooms, front porch and backyard were all comfortable and made choosing which one to use a difficult decision. We ended up spending most of our time around the huge house on the front porch. Breakfasts were great--good variety and excellent coffee and juices. Finally, the proprietors, Nancy and Guy, were very cordial and willing to help with our daily plans and all their advice made visiting New Orleans easy and fun. I highly recommend the Sully Mansion if you're visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends