“Comfortable, charming, with gracious and accomodating hosts.”

Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“Comfortable, charming, with gracious and accomodating hosts.”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Once you walk in the door off the very welcoming porch, you step in to a beautiful, warm, and nicely appointed space, I was welcomed by Nancy ,the Inn owner and Gracie - the adorable and friendly Inn dog. I immediately felt welcomed as I was shown to my room, the smallest and least fancy room in the Inn. Despite it's size, I found the coziness and adorably decorated room quite comfortable. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I doubt I will ever find more accommodating and gracious hosts then Nancy and Guy. The breakfast was delicious every day. They even served us breakfast early on Tulane graduation day so we would all be on time. Nancy even loaned me a pair of her shoes so I would be more comfortable. That is the only reason I did not steal Gracie!

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank dbp4567

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
washington dc
Reviewed 28 May 2009

A warm and welcoming Bed and Breakfast that makes you feel instantly at home. Nancy and Guy the owner/operators are on top of their game! I recommend staying there any time you are in New Orleans. The Sully Mansion is located in the heart of the Garden District so the views when walking are incredible. We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
texas
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I though this ranked average at best. And, what really spoiled my experience during my stay was the host . She appeared to be having a bad week. She had absolutely no sense of humor, clearly was a northerner with no "southern hospitality" and kept hovering over me for example - I wanted to enjoy the morning porch with a book and spotted a book my sister had recommended in the bookshelf in the common room. I go and sit in the front room and begin to flip through it and she immediately comes into the room and says"did you get that book from the library? -you know, you won't be able to finish it during your stay" obviously, guests may have been helping themselves to the books, which I had no intensions of keeping. Another time I helped myself to a mango drink she had on the backboard and sat in the living room waiting for my party and she came out and said I would not get another for breakfast since I was helping myself to it then. Really, it seemed to me as if she might have had a history of "bad guests" and was on the look out and was suspicious of everyone. I didn't feel welcomed and even skipped breakfast so I wouldn't have to be subjected to her cold behavior.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank TexasBbbb
Maine
Reviewed 22 May 2009

This Victorian gem is a best-of-class B&B, situated in a beautiful, quiet Garden District neighborhood one block from the St. Charles Street streetcar, with ample street parking. Our high-ceiling, gorgeous room combined elegant period furnishings and the most comfortable bed ever away from home. Guy and Nancy Fournier are gracious, accommodating and generous hosts, going out of their way to make the visit exceptional. A gourmet breakfast started each morning with fancy, homemade pastries and custards, egg cassaroles, fresh fruit and strong coffee. The porch is a great place to enjoy quiet conversation a good book, surrounded by large shade trees and lush vegetation that characterizes the Garden District. I recommend this to anyone who wants to get away from the sameness of 4-star hotels in exchange for a memorable stay that expresses the essence of New Orleans charm and elegance.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Lafayette
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Alison and I will always cherish the loving, family like atmosphere created by the hosts. Nancy devoted special attention to our diet and made sure we were well taken care of. We were quite taken by the cleanliness and hospitable nature of Sully Mansion. It made our first B&B experience and our first anniversary one of fond memory.
See you next year,
Kris and Alison

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Nancy and Guy are gracious hosts who truly treat their customers like guests. Rooms are well-appointed and mix Old World charm with modern conveniences. Having stayed at many and hotels and bed and breakfasts in New Orleans over the years, this is hands-down the best. The rooms are large, clean and make real the idealized vision of New Orleans ---- and for extremely reasonable rates. Nancy is a first rate baker and breakfasts here are not of the defrosted and microwaved pastry variety, but freshly-baked and accompanied by celebrations of in-season fruits.Nancy and Guy are a fount of local information and can recommend local attractions and events suited to a range of tastes and interests. For a memorable stay in New Orleans, Sully Mansion is THE place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
New York City
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Nancy Fournier, the owner, went out of her way to make sure that each activity we wanted would be successful - including recommending that we take our swamp tour with Alligator Annie's son out in Houma! The inn is very well decorated, extremely comfortable and has great water pressure in the shower. Breakfast was substantial and delicous, with lots of choices and accommodations of requests. We'll stay there on our next trip (if they have room).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple